Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Good at Goodbyes (Updated 06/25/2021)

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 That's amazing and really impressive in such a short amount of time! Thank you for catching up. 😁
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    I'm taking some time to really immerse myself in your world today :smile: (Which means I'm going to curl up with a nice drink, some music, and binge your story :lol: ) I'll be posting some thoughts here as I go along (I'll just do them all at once to not spam the thread, haha)!

Chapters 1-5
    A nice introduction to the story! I like Hugo, he seems like a good guy. Sofia's story so far... is relatable, honestly. I don't think she's going to be having a good time anytime soon, but I hope that she can get out of the rut that she's in. I felt really bad for poor Emilia. :( But Lucy's wedding was lovely! I loved seeing where your avatar comes from. :)

Chapters 6-10
    Allyson is so cute! It's nice to see she's a happy child even with all the things that have happened. Luna seems like a great mom. Hopefully she can do well while juggling her teaching job and Allyson's developing rebellious side.
    I hope Hugo doesn't do something he regrets with Nelson... it's already been mentioned that he would never cheat on someone, but with Sofia being distant and difficult to live with, I'm sure Hugo is in need of some comfort.
    Jacqueline being self-conscious about her body is so sad. It's admirable to see her working out, though. Hopefully she can have a better image of herself in the future, she's so beautiful. I hope she can rise above her rude classmates' remarks. (Arielle is horrible.) Neal had that coming! Trying to steal from his child sister? How... pathetic!

Chapters 11-15
    Aw, poor Hugo. Dealing with Sofia sounds so difficult, she's so unhelpful. I admire him opening up to Clara (even though she's flirted with him before?...) and planning the Winterfest party. I hope it goes well and Sofia gets better. (I also like how you linked the song when Hugo went back home, I always have music in mind and/or playing when I write my story so having a sort of soundtrack to think of when reading someone else's story is awesome for me!) Edit: Yes, Sofia had a good time! That's awesome. Good job, Hugo and Clara! Also, Hugo being so happy about his successful gift for Nelson... adorable. I know I shouldn't be cheering for them to happen because, well, obviously it's not ideal, but... they're so cute!
    Max is insufferable. I'm happy Lucy stood up to him because he's really awful to her considering that she's done a pretty good job of raising 5 children. I don't particularly like Max at this point but he is interesting and I wonder where his story is going to go.

Chapters 16-20
    Max being lonely. I hope this helps him to realize his life of crime and rudeness is leading him to a lifetime of loneliness, but I'm not sure he'll realize this easily. At least he has his love for chess to warm his heart... and some spicy food to overheat him. :lol:
    I'm shocked that Luna and Sofia were so overt with their flirting! This is not right, ladies. Poor Hugo, I hope he's not too torn up about this, especially considering it was mostly the alcohol speaking, but still... with everything he does for Sofia, he's more than allowed to feel betrayed.
    I applaud Sofia for realizing that she needs to work on herself, and I'm even more proud of her for making the difficult decisions she did. I think that it's a good move for everyone for her to end she and Hugo's engagement, even though it's sad. It would have been very difficult for the two of them to have a good relationship while she worked to better herself. Hopefully Hugo will be able to move on from this, because I can imagine that he's devastated after everything he did to make things better...

... P.S. don't hate me but this gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe Hugo and Nelson can get together? Like, not this instant as a rebound or anything, but maybe they can get closer? It's just me cheering on a gay relationship, tbh. :flushed:

Chapters 21-25
    It's very difficult to read about Sofia's withdrawal, but I'm proud of Hugo for not enabling her. I'm hoping that Sofia doesn't give into the temptation. Seeing her get some comfort from Luna was nice, but I'm happy that nothing has happened between them so far. I feel like that wouldn't end well for anyone!
    EEEK Hugo and Nelson are actually happening! I'm so excited for their date! I'm also super proud of Hugo for making the apartment a nice place to live, and for turning his life around, making healthier decisions. He's really blooming after his rough patch with Sofia.
    Max... is Max. He's trash. Shoving a pregnant woman? NOT a good look, boo.

Chapters 26-30
    Yesssss, Nelson and Hugo's date was so cute! I love how slowly they're taking their relationship, only hand holding and kisses on the hand for them for now~~ It's adorableβ™₯
    On the other hand... I'm not really rooting for Sofia and Luna at the moment. Sure, they're nice together and those kisses in front of Luna's house were... everything. BUT this is not the time for Sofia to be starting a new relationship! She has to work on herself, not on herself in a new relationship... sigh. I do understand her, though. Love is such a driving force, so I'm not surprised to see her pursuing a new one, especially after realizing that she was settling for Hugo. It's interesting to see that she had this realization now... I wonder if her addiction came about because of this subconscious feeling of settling, aside from the boredom and lack of fulfillment she was feeling? I'm happy their date went well, but I'm unsure of whether or not it's a good thing...
    Max scheming to get control of the group again is interesting. Even though he's mostly faking being calm and nice to get what he wants, it's nice to see him being... calm. I wonder what he plans to do with the photos of him and Christin.
    And I'm all caught up! It's so, so good. I've spent the whole morning reading and I'm kind of sad that there's no more at the moment :cry:

Chapter 31
    I hope that Luna comes to talk to Hugo very soon. It's sad to see that her silence is weighing on him even though he's got a lot of positive things going on in his life. Aside from that, get the award, boo! You deserve itβ™₯

I really hope that whatever is going on in Nelson's home isn't going to be a deterrent to their developing relationship... :(
    @ajamkeevin Thank you so much. I loved reading all your thoughts and you saying you binge read my story made me all giddy with excitement. 😊

@Duvelina yayβ™₯ I'm really looking forward to new chapters!
    Chapter 32 is out. The battle between Brodie and Max for gang leadership comes to a head.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 32
    oooooh, Max got his gang back! I already commented most of my thoughts on the blog itself, but I really wonder what's going to happen. Like Brodie said - he's won the battle, but the war is probably not over. They're bound to lock horns again at some point. Brodie seems to have a vengeance to settle now, at least.
    I wonder if Max is happy with the life he has. I mean, he lives to make other people miserable, that's for sure. But I wonder if it actually makes him happy, you know?
    Well written!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    You'll see a softer side of Max soon. He's not all evil, although he tries his hardest to make you believe that.
    @Duvelina
    Now that would be a sight to see. And it immediately makes me wonder with what kind of person he would show his softer side. Someone he has a crush on? Little kids? Old lady Crumplebottoms with handbags who will whack you across the skull without mercy for daring to hold hands in public?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Chapter 32
    I wonder what's going to happen next. I mean, Brodie doesn't seem like the kind to just back off when he's been embarrassed like this, so I think that Max has something unpleasant coming his way. I echo Yimi's thoughts, wondering if he's really happy being like this? I'm looking forward to seeing what his softer side is like.
    33: Geekcon is up! Max unexpectedly goes to GeekCon and maybe doesn't hate everything about it?
    Chapter 33:
    That was so adorable! I have to say, I did not see that one coming at ALL. Max is literally the type that would have bullied the geeky kids in school, and to think that he actually likes it! This could be the best thing to happen to him at this point in his life. Go on, Max. Explore the wonderful world of geeky hobbies and forge some real friendships!
    Ah, imagine if he's end up being a scifi-fan or avid d&d player through this... oh, the irony :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Max already loved chess so it's not too far-fetched to think he might enjoy some other strategic games either. When Max finally buys his own place, who knows what kind of fun games he'll end up hiding somewhere?
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Your latest chapter is just amazing! I love it! :smiley: Veronica went up like 1000x on my brownie points list. Max too! It's so nice to see a lighter side of him. One where he's not constantly tiring himself out looking over his shoulder. He needed this. I dont think he knows that but hopefully he'll unconsciously do something like this again. :)
    @mercuryfoam
    A lighter side of Max is a sight to behold. I'm hoping he'll mellow with the years and get to having more fun. 😊
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    This is what I was talking about. Max is secretly adorable.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    34: I (Don't) Feel Pretty is online. Jacqueline goes to the gym where she has an unpleasant encounter once more.
    Chapter 34
    I've already commented on your blog, but holy cow, that took a turn for the worst. Ironically, Jaqueline actually looks less attractive to me now. Poor girl. Her situation is even worse because it's a thing that so many girls (and guys) go through in real life. And it can get so ugly so, so fast.
    I thought negatively of my own body/face as a teen/young adult, too. It wasn't until I spent time overseas that I realized how ridiculous it all was. The features that you hate the most, or think are the ugliest compared to what your world's beauty standards are, are literally what is most desirable or even the epitome of beauty in other cultures. I don't have a point here - I'm just ranting - but it's such a shame that most people don't realize that.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    It is really sad! Jacqueline had an amazing body and she looked great already, but she lost that because she couldn't see it herself. Maybe Jacqueline needs to get out and see some other people abroad to get the same insight you had.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Hey peeps, hopping into your chat there!
    Chapter 34
    I've already commented on your blog, but holy cow, that took a turn for the worst. Ironically, Jaqueline actually looks less attractive to me now. Poor girl. Her situation is even worse because it's a thing that so many girls (and guys) go through in real life. And it can get so ugly so, so fast.
    I thought negatively of my own body/face as a teen/young adult, too. It wasn't until I spent time overseas that I realized how ridiculous it all was. The features that you hate the most, or think are the ugliest compared to what your world's beauty standards are, are literally what is most desirable or even the epitome of beauty in other cultures. I don't have a point here - I'm just ranting - but it's such a shame that most people don't realize that.

Surprisingly I actually thought the same. I didn't know what to think about it so I didn't mention it. But I thought she looked beautiful before she went on her weight loss. She still is but there was just so charming before. She totally took my breath away in her first few feature chapters. I can only hope she sees that we are more than our body and everyone's gonna shrivel up one day but it's the mind and heart that stays.

Oh Yimi. I totally agree with your sharing. I was body insecure for so long, then when I started meeting people, I met this extremely gorgeous Mid East lady who deserves to be on every model magazine and I'd buy it just to stare at her, and she commented how several of my features were desirable where she grew up in and that she herself was plain. Beauty is just that. Superficial and personal.

I want to give Jac a hug now. :/
    edited July 2020
    Hey peeps, hopping into your chat there!
    Chapter 34

Surprisingly I actually thought the same. I didn't know what to think about it so I didn't mention it. But I thought she looked beautiful before she went on her weight loss. She still is but there was just so charming before. She totally took my breath away in her first few feature chapters. I can only hope she sees that we are more than our body and everyone's gonna shrivel up one day but it's the mind and heart that stays.

Oh Yimi. I totally agree with your sharing. I was body insecure for so long, then when I started meeting people, I met this extremely gorgeous Mid East lady who deserves to be on every model magazine and I'd buy it just to stare at her, and she commented how several of my features were desirable where she grew up in and that she herself was plain. Beauty is just that. Superficial and personal.

I want to give Jac a hug now. :/
    Exactly. To the people in Asia, my face was beautiful. And the things that I loved about how they looked, they didn't like. It's ridiculous how that works, and sad that so many people end up hurt because of it. There was this one girl who had the most beautiful eyes, and she told me that she was seriously considering undergoing surgery to get them to "look more like my eyes". Same with her nose - she WANTED a nose shaped like mine, whereas I used to hate it. It just goes to show how superficial it all really is. :neutral:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Chapter 34
    I'm so forbidden words at Arielle! Jacqueline is not fat. Some people are just so cruel and horrible. And I'm not too happy with Neal either. What's his deal anyway? I feel like maybe it's normal-ish sibling meanness but I really haven't found anything to like about him.

And has she thought about talking with her mom? It might help work through her insecurities.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    I don't think Neal has found something likable about himself either. He's in that awkward phase, almost turning into an adult and having no clue what to do with himself or who he is.

Lucy will get involved with Jacqueline's problems, but if it helps might be another story.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @_sims_Yimi @mercuryfoam
    Thank you for sharing about your experiences. I struggled with my weight (and still do) :grimace: and how I feel about myself. I was always thin growing up, but when I went away to college I struggled with anxiety, depression, and PTSD after a toxic relationship. Unfortunately I didn't have the courage to share with my family when I came home one summer and so they set me up with a nice guy. He was older than me and kind, but I was really struggling and kinda stopped eating. I became dangerously thin. It wasn't until I stopped dating and started focusing on myself that I regained weight and confidence.

Now I'm a very curvy woman who can stand to lose weight but I love food again. It's hard to find clothes that are flattering and fit because of the general design of clothes in American stores and because I have larger proportions in some places and smaller elsewhere. Every time I feel sorry for myself I feel like someone tells me they love/want the parts of me that I dislike. I was actually thrilled to walk into a store the other day to see a display photo of real looking women with rolls and curves in bathing suits.

It's a struggle and I have to remind myself not to play the dangerous comparison game. I try and focus on the things I love about myself and the things other people say they love about me. I try to read/watch body positive media when I can. I try to encourage other young women to love themselves and their bodies. That's why I always love seeing curvy or larger people in the Sims. The game often exaggerates or even pokes fun of extreme weights and it makes me sad. At least with TS4, I have tried to include curvy and larger Sims in my stories.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest