Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Worlds in The sims 4

Hello,

After new Sims generation realise I miss my worlds from previous games. Unfortunately in The Sims 4 we can not ressurect old worlds in any tool so maybe EA can give us some worlds again?

Sunset Valley:
_sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims_dan5qq3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01NzYiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81NzQwY2UyMS00ZTY5LTQ4NGQtOTY5My0zZTdjNjlhNjcwY2FcL2RhbjVxcTMtOWM5OGQ5MjItYTViMC00NWE2LWI3YjktYjgxYjE2ZjJiZTIzLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.CekxJ4FHQsq2SwtArwRiersKR1VwvNxjVZR4KFiTwPI

Simline:
_sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_velha___old_town_by_filipesims_danbv5o-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01NzYiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81NzQwY2UyMS00ZTY5LTQ4NGQtOTY5My0zZTdjNjlhNjcwY2FcL2RhbmJ2NW8tMDdmOTU0ODQtZmJkZS00OThmLWFkZjktYjVkZmEwM2RiMDE5LmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.HeEF5WWRaj64vfE9Qm3sIVlGxbM-Auj82uff-g9hxZ4

Veronaville:
_sims_4_fanmade_map__vila_verona___veronaville_by_filipesims_dan5qxt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01NzYiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81NzQwY2UyMS00ZTY5LTQ4NGQtOTY5My0zZTdjNjlhNjcwY2FcL2RhbjVxeHQtYzIzOTZiNjgtM2ExNy00OTAyLTkxMDktMjM1YjNlNTEzM2E2LmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.AlglxMLcmAynHZlIcVA75gDIWysusjIuUgK92zcSaJM

Studio Town:
_sims_4_fanmade_map__studio_town_by_filipesims_daoub4b-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01NzYiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81NzQwY2UyMS00ZTY5LTQ4NGQtOTY5My0zZTdjNjlhNjcwY2FcL2Rhb3ViNGItNGVkY2UwOTctOTY5YS00NmQzLWEzNzItOTU5MDQwY2E2YjRjLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.ZjHoxxE0mSb4VsMkZHyj2UBiVd4iJCp6kYQkOiIMfnk

I guess that it should be no so hard because worlds from previous game were empty and without so many fake buildings ect.

latest?cb=20140721071053

Honestly it is sad that worlds from TS1 had more lots than from TS4.

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Nostalgia! I'd love to see the old worlds come back! It's likely not going to happen though, and there's too many they can't include them all. I still would love to see another empty world added to base game like Newcrest. Maybe next time, (if they ever do) they can give us one of these worlds empty. I'd prefer little to no set dressing anyways. Trees and nature is fine, fake houses... not so much.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    The loading screen would probably crash the game.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Maybe in Sims 5? This would be so cool. They should combine a lot from previous games!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Oh man, I would love this! I miss the old worlds sooo much! even if they were all completely empty with no lots, so it wouldnt affect lag for people with slower computers... if you have a pc that can handle it, build away. If your pc is too slow, leave the worlds blank or only add a couple of lots. I miss the size of the worlds!!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I would love this too! The 20th anniversary was the perfect opportunity to bring back the original Sims 1 neighborhood as a world (with neighborhoods named Sim Lane, Elm Street, Old Town etc). I would also love Magic Town in the Sims 4 - I miss that world so much. Fingers crossed for an updated version as part of a possible Happy Haunts GP..? The circus, the woods and the lot descriptions were so fricking good. One of my disappointments with Realm of Magic was that there was no séance/psychic themed gameplay like in Makin' Magic.

But yeah, bringing back some blank worlds as a nostalgic throwback to the TS1 ones would be really great.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    Oh man, I would love this! I miss the old worlds sooo much! even if they were all completely empty with no lots, so it wouldnt affect lag for people with slower computers... if you have a pc that can handle it, build away. If your pc is too slow, leave the worlds blank or only add a couple of lots. I miss the size of the worlds!!

There also can be less lots on weaker settings.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    yees i miss having worlds with no fake houses where i can literally just build whatever type of world I want

also miss magic town from makin' magic :<
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yees i miss having worlds with no fake houses where i can literally just build whatever type of world I want

also miss magic town from makin' magic :<

sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Agree completely. A simpler solution may be to give us a world making tool.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I really want to see Sunset Valley and Riverview for sims 4, but there is no hope of getting caw tool for the game this old.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    I hope that EA Team will finally listen us and make our dreams come true instead of forcing just their own ideas :/
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    I so desperately want more world variety to be honest. It's basically the only new thing I want from the game at this point, diverse worlds is one of the biggest things TS4 is lacking in, most of them are so samey! Give me Asia, Egypt, Paris, the Caribbean, just anything but American suburbs and forests!

These world concepts are soo nice and I want them to be real so badly.
    se5FEp3.jpg
    I know we already have Sulani, but it's kind of disappointing for an island world for me. Wheres the colour and the life? I loved how in TS3 there was two different island worlds that we could get.
    24a6d6891b11a8c6020b87206a7f0416.png
    7778be900008f47c10730624f006d8c4.png
    d5275ad0b155b88f8ce254dcdba76fa2.jpg
    c7eab1ec6970512b6445468a523ebf37.jpg
    95a46cdf5124957a1f797b6979e26559.png
    Honestly if they made an EP that was just a collection of new worlds with no additional stuff I would 100% buy it
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    I really like the idea but it would be really difficult to execute this. The reason is not the map-design that would be as easy as it looks. The problem is letting the player design the actual surrounding of lots and the world itself. They would have to create an additional mode for the game with decorations, trees, rivers, mountains, fake buildings etc. etc.

That used to be easy in The Sims 2 because there weren't any complex surroundings but became really difficult yet manageable with The Sims 3, where you had to spend ages on a world especially when first starting. The problem with The Sims 4 is there is no overview for you to customize the world from above since the map is only just a picture. Of course the pictures of the maps look nice but then we'd have to replicate that in the world itself. They would have to find a way to let us customize the districts, the surroundings of those districts including places far away into the distance and then also the map. That would be a lot of work for them especially for a game that is already 6 years old.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

Uhm, is that an actual carnival area of the map? What Sims world is this based off and what game? Was the carnival functional!?
    ^^
    Magic Town from The Sims Makin' Magic

340?cb=20130710021127

Uhm, is that an actual carnival area of the map? What Sims world is this based off and what game? Was the carnival functional!?

There were several carnival rides in that world (with scary clown theming), there were carnival games too and you could speak to a fortune teller, et cetera.. It was great.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

Yes, there was a working carnival area, a roller coster your sims could ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otb4vKfEBdU
    I want to add that in general all previous worlds were more flexible. In The Sims 2 I had whole buildings and whole world from The Sims 1. In The Sims 4 I can not do that and whats more I can not build neighborhoods in my own style because fake houses are forcing me to create buildings in a specified style. Unfortunately Gurus don't listen us :(
    I want to add that in general all previous worlds were more flexible. In The Sims 2 I had whole buildings and whole world from The Sims 1. In The Sims 4 I can not do that and whats more I can not build neighborhoods in my own style because fake houses are forcing me to create buildings in a specified style. Unfortunately Gurus don't listen us :(

Yes, it's frustrating really. I loved the creative part of making your own worlds in previous iterations, and especially in the Sims 2. All of the surroundings just feel more restricted and prefabricated in TS4. It would help if the world maps weren't 2D renders, by the way. All of it is just so flat. Even the Sims 1 worlds had more animation in the map screens. I personally don't get why they didn't go with a more detailled look for this one.
    Probably because EA think that people who are spending tons of money for game and expansions, still have computers with Windows XP and weak components. Also same issue with consoles. I am playing on PS4 and I see a lot of room for TS4 worlds and lots development.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    @Sthenastia @EliasVersace @LaBlue0314 - I've been down this rabbit hole all day and last night. I can't believe this was in a sims game! I'm even more depressed it's not in 4! :(

Might have to buy Sims 1 and try and get it to work on my laptop so I can experience this for the first time!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    @Sthenastia @EliasVersace @LaBlue0314 - I've been down this rabbit hole all day and last night. I can't believe this was in a sims game! I'm even more depressed it's not in 4! :(

Might have to buy Sims 1 and try and get it to work on my laptop so I can experience this for the first time!

Definitely recommend; I bought the complete collection off Amazon and downloaded fixes off the internet to get it to be able to run and it's amazing. I got it because it was my childhood and they added stuff I don't remember for objects/outfits, but it's what I remember.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Yes, there was a working carnival area, a roller coster your sims could ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otb4vKfEBdU

Ugh, I miss Magictown so bad!! When RoM was first announce, I was so excited because Makin' Magic was my very favorite expansion ever. I miss the masque of tacky, cheap tricks barely hiding the real ability to spell cast and the mischief of it all. I miss the carnival and the rollercoasters, the spooky neighborhood and the NPCs. The music. RoM is the only pack I paid full price for because I wanted it so bad, and it has been such a let down for me. Like, the Magic Realm is beautiful, but it's boring. Glimmerbrook is boring. Becoming a spell caster and learning all of the spells and potions is just too easy, and then what? There's nothing to do after that. I got really excited when I first found the Spellcaster's Alley, and then two seconds later I was like, Oh. This is it. Three shops and then nothing. All of the fake buildings and mirages annoy me because you can't explore them or live in them. It's just a bunch of beautiful boring nothingness.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2020
    I really miss everything about The Sims. Maybe it's just childhood nostalgia, but those original worlds and expansion packs were so in depth. I miss grocery stores (might of been from TS2, which I also miss), being able to go to a pet store and adopt a pet, being able to go to Studio town and record a jingle and then buy special trendy clothes.

Del Sol Valley is another huge let down to me. I like that all careers and Sims have the ability to become famous in TS4 and not just actors/musicians/comedians. HOWEVER, Del Sol Valley is boring and vapid. Only 6 residential lots, seriously?! The map is 80% fake. They could have done so much more with that. Honestly, they really owe us a free update expanding upon Del Sol Valley.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I miss Moonlight Falls, Bridgeport & Twinbrook from Sims 3. The worlds were so much cooler & bigger than Sims 4.