Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious Mr Gnome

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Thrippa wrote: »
    The gnomes in my chef/gardener game keep 'building monuments'. I have the Magician, a caveman, a Summer and a couple of Spring gnomes, and a pair of vampires. They keep turning up in a ring around a gnome grave marker, but the number of gnomes never decreases, and none of the ones I have are supposed to age. :/ I've made about $10,000 so far selling the grave markers, and they keep building me new ones.

That's mysterious. I've found grave markers with the names of vampire gnomes when I hover the mouse over them. So I suspect they may also die.
    The vampire gnomes do die just like the other gnomes do. ;)

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The gnomes in my chef/gardener game keep 'building monuments'. I have the Magician, a caveman, a Summer and a couple of Spring gnomes, and a pair of vampires. They keep turning up in a ring around a gnome grave marker, but the number of gnomes never decreases, and none of the ones I have are supposed to age. :/ I've made about $10,000 so far selling the grave markers, and they keep building me new ones.

That's mysterious. I've found grave markers with the names of vampire gnomes when I hover the mouse over them. So I suspect they may also die.
    The vampire gnomes do die just like the other gnomes do. ;)

Thank you for that info.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    @Karritz, hopefully you won't mind my posting a couple gnome pictures in here. I think my absolute favorite one is Abacadabra - after all, who can resist a cute little teddy-bear gnome that wanders around the entire lot.

Screenshot-26.jpg

I find Abacadabra in the most unusual poses. He's staring at an ONION plant? Why?

Screenshot-24.jpg

I asked why Abacadabra was standing on the dryer. DUH...~face-palm~ well that's obvious...he's a "laundry-gnome" I guess I should have clarified that when I first got him, but I was unaware of his origins.

Screenshot-30.jpg

He seems to have a unholy fascination with the stereo - Am I certain that he's a laundry gnome and not Blingaboo in disguise?

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited April 2018
    Here is one of my sim's cats interacting with a sculpted gnome of sculpting - yes my sim actually made this gnome on the sculpting station.

Choco005.jpg

They made several of these gnomes on the sculpting stations out of a variety of materials.

It seems kitty wanted to scratch

Choco002.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on
    edited April 2018
    One gnome that has eluded me until a few weeks ago is the Feline gnome. I have tried and tried for years to get this gnome and it has never happened for me.

Finally, I got one.

Gnome001.jpg

Unfortunately I don't seem to have a better picture of it. Yet.

The household I'm playing has 15 cats in it. I am planning a series of videos based on this particular household and will be posting them on YouTube. The series will be called The McFluffs.

I have started making the first video but it isn't ready to load yet. When I do I'll post a link here.

BTW: This is the ONLY cat gnome I've got so far. I was hoping it might have a friend by now but no such luck.

The Sim, Gertie McFluff, who owns the cats has achieved her lifetime wish of Cat Herder - she has befriended 15 cats.

I still haven't managed to get the University Gnome. This is probably because I tend to not send my sims to university.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I only ever had one cat gnome, but I only ever had one cat, somehow. The one that eludes me still is the Bling gnome that you get as a gift to a 5-star celeb. Even in my family of 4 5-star celebs, I keep getting TVs and cars, not gnomes. You'd thing the fans would realize that since the clebrities already have scads of gnomes, a new one would be a perfect gift!
    I only ever had one cat gnome, but I only ever had one cat, somehow. The one that eludes me still is the Bling gnome that you get as a gift to a 5-star celeb. Even in my family of 4 5-star celebs, I keep getting TVs and cars, not gnomes. You'd thing the fans would realize that since the clebrities already have scads of gnomes, a new one would be a perfect gift!

I've never got one as a gift that I know of. But I do have lots of them. They pop up often. Probably not the one I get the most of but I often have multiples of them in games. Not every game. Maybe you need someone in a Showtime career in the household. I have a magician sim in my Isla Paradiso Bunch and there are a few Bling gnomes in their house. They just appear. She's been conjuring the magician gnomes while performing and has an inventory full of them. I haven't counted but it could be getting close to 10 of them.
    Well, I just put the daughter of the household into the Magician career, so maybe that will make it trigger. I got the Magician gnome int that game already, I think he just turned up one day (prior to her taking the career), but he might have come out of the wishing fountain. Maybe Bling will show up once she's both a celebrity and a star.
    Well, I just put the daughter of the household into the Magician career, so maybe that will make it trigger. I got the Magician gnome int that game already, I think he just turned up one day (prior to her taking the career), but he might have come out of the wishing fountain. Maybe Bling will show up once she's both a celebrity and a star.

Did you get your hoped for magic gnomes yet?
    Actually I haven't had much time to play, so not yet.
    edited April 2018
    I just came across this. It's in my McFluff save. I'm recording a video of it for YouTube and discovered my one and only gnome, Peter, sitting on an end table made of ice. It's still on the sculpting station. Had to get a picture.

Peter_Cat_Gnome_On_Ice001.jpg
    That's a great shot! I love the furniture made out of odd materials anyway, and the cat gnome on top is hilarious. Where are the Eiffel tower blueprints from?
    That's a great shot! I love the furniture made out of odd materials anyway, and the cat gnome on top is hilarious. Where are the Eiffel tower blueprints from?

The pictures on the wall are from some archives I came across. I found a link to an archive and it had text files saying I had to download textures or something to go with lots of the stuff and I went searching and found all sorts of things. So I don't actually know precisely where those particular pictures came from, but if I come across the link I had then I'll let you know. I think it's name was Repulsively Desirous. I was initially looking for food clutter and came across lots of other interesting stuff and just kept downloading. I ended up getting all sorts of things, rugs, clothes etc. It was just a matter of chasing down links and I found most of them in text files that were inside zipped files. Some of the links were dead and others seemed dangerous I think ad fly and things like that popped up and my virus checker when a bit nuts on one or two of them so I avoided those ones.
    edited February 2019
    With great excitement I have a picture of my first Graduation Gnomes ever.

Gnomes001.jpg

I finally sent a few sims to university, three sims got me 4 gnomes. I've never had graduation gnomes in my game before as I wasn't sending sims to university. Been making a video of them getting the badges for University Life - it's the Caroline and Friends series of videos. They got the gnomes for me.
    I just checked to see where this thread was and to make sure my pictures were still showing. All is good for now. Happy Simming everyone.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I just checked to see where this thread was and to make sure my pictures were still showing. All is good for now. Happy Simming everyone.

Happy Simming to you too!!! I thought for a minute I resurrected this thread. I love your pics.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited June 2020
    One gnome died the summer gnome Bucktooth Butternut is sitting in from of him he sat there for ages Brawn Brawn just loves the BBQ
    mW45lQh.jpg
    It's great to see new posts and pictures of gnomes here again.

I haven't seen @rumbutter posting for years . We used to chat back when Sims 3 was still the main game.

@ErnesaT it would be great for you to resurrect this thread any time.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    My inventor has been creating lots of Gnomes of invention and they act like zombies trying to get the magic gnome one of my sims found in a field trip:

50060571267_38c68905e9_h.jpgScreenshot-3 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50059761878_5fe3679b54_h.jpgScreenshot-14 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

The bunny gnome seems very sadistic to me. Like a vilain against the hero. Unfortunately it's a matter of when my elder gnome won't stand for this anymore. :cry:
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Karritz I'll fav this topic and next time I have nice gnome pictures I'll add here too. :smiley:
    WAVES to karritz...still simming about in TS3
    What Da flower do !!!!

zVL5BtO.jpg

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    rumbutter wrote: »
    What Da flower do !!!!

zVL5BtO.jpg

The flower must have stolen that gnome's grill cheese sandwich. :D
    WAVES to @rumbutter glad to see you still simming about. I'm working on another video. It'll be the final episode of the Isla Paradiso Bunch Adventuring playlist.

I hope Master Manchu sorts out his problems with the flower - but I don't think the flower really wants to spar with him right now.
    sunman502 wrote: »

The flower must have stolen that gnome's grill cheese sandwich. :D

:D