Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Queen1kob1_Queen1kob1_ Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Admiral8Q;c-17559447"][quote="Queen1kob1_;c-17559444"]When you first begin, even if it is just base game, create you as a sim move into a pre made house and play the general game. Learn the basics via the lessons!
    Don’t cheat until you understand the game play and your game play! After that the. Create a family of two, and learn how to manage more then one sim! Create a family etc
    The more you know about the basics and how you like to play the better the game can be, rather than using cheats first up and missing out on all the good stuff![/quote]

I agree! That's how I learned. :)

Well said @Queen1kob1_ [/quote]

It really is the best way! Cover your basics, then if you like break the rules haha

Thank you!
  • JessAlphaJessAlpha Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you all for the great tips, this is not my first time playing but still found great new tips and ideas.
  • DeGaultDeGault Posts: 2 New Member
    Question about merging households and marriage -- I have a Sim that is in the criminal career track, and she has convinced Nancy Landgraab to leave her husband. Every time they get married, I get to the merge households screen and try to move my Sim in with Nancy (nicer house) and move her husband and son into mine. Then, I end up having to play Geoffrey in my existing house.

I even edited the household by having him and their son leave the household, but THEN when my Sim married Nancy, they went off and I had NO SIM AT ALL :( ugh.

Is there a way for my Sim to "marry up" and get to live in that big house, or is Nancy stuck with the little house?
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    > @DeGault said:
    > Question about merging households and marriage -- I have a Sim that is in the criminal career track, and she has convinced Nancy Landgraab to leave her husband. Every time they get married, I get to the merge households screen and try to move my Sim in with Nancy (nicer house) and move her husband and son into mine. Then, I end up having to play Geoffrey in my existing house.
    >
    > I even edited the household by having him and their son leave the household, but THEN when my Sim married Nancy, they went off and I had NO SIM AT ALL :( ugh.
    >
    > Is there a way for my Sim to "marry up" and get to live in that big house, or is Nancy stuck with the little house?

Hi DeGault!

I think what you're saying is that after you moved Geoffrey & son into the household you were playing and Nancy & your sim into the Landgraab house, the game loaded the lot with Geoffrey in it? If that's the issue, you don't have to play in that household after the moves.

So, once the game loads up the lot with Geoffrey in it, click on the "Manage Worlds" button in the top right button. This will take you to the worlds overview screen. If you don't want to play Geoffrey & his son, then from this screen click the "Manage Households" button. This brings up a screen with all the sims in your world. Click to remove the heart from Geoffrey's household and they will move to the "Other Households" tab. Any households that you want to play or save for the future, just click the heart to add them to "My Households".

Make sure Nancy & your sim are in the My Households tab. Then close this window and look in Willow Creek. Click on the Landgraab house and you should see your couple in the lower left of the screen. Click on the sim you want to play and then click on the arrow to play them (or just click the big play arrow on the right) and this will load your household on that lot.

After you save and exit, the next time you play you can choose to "Load Game" instead of clicking the big "play" button, and this will open the world screen so you can choose which household you want to play.

I hope this helps - if I'm misunderstanding your issue, please reply back and we'll try to help further. Happy simming!
  • DeGaultDeGault Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BlackjackWidow said:

> Hi DeGault!
    >
    > I think what you're saying is that after you moved Geoffrey & son into the household you were playing and Nancy & your sim into the Landgraab house, the game loaded the lot with Geoffrey in it? If that's the issue, you don't have to play in that household after the moves.
    >
    > So, once the game loads up the lot with Geoffrey in it, click on the "Manage Worlds" button in the top right button. This will take you to the worlds overview screen. If you don't want to play Geoffrey & his son, then from this screen click the "Manage Households" button. This brings up a screen with all the sims in your world. Click to remove the heart from Geoffrey's household and they will move to the "Other Households" tab. Any households that you want to play or save for the future, just click the heart to add them to "My Households".
    >
    > Make sure Nancy & your sim are in the My Households tab. Then close this window and look in Willow Creek. Click on the Landgraab house and you should see your couple in the lower left of the screen. Click on the sim you want to play and then click on the arrow to play them (or just click the big play arrow on the right) and this will load your household on that lot.
    >
    > After you save and exit, the next time you play you can choose to "Load Game" instead of clicking the big "play" button, and this will open the world screen so you can choose which household you want to play.
    >
    > I hope this helps - if I'm misunderstanding your issue, please reply back and we'll try to help further. Happy simming!

That was exactly what I was trying to do! I will go back and do this tonight - thanks!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wish i knew about testingcheats when i started... that cheat has saved me a lot of times. Objects and sims sometimes get bugged. With testingcheats on i shift click and reset them and 99% of the problems i had are gone.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wish i knew about testingcheats when i started... that cheat has saved me a lot of times. Objects and sims sometimes get bugged. With testingcheats on i shift click and reset them and 99% of the problems i had are gone.

With sims that are bugged you dont need to activate cheats to reset them just type in resetsim ( sims first name ) ( sims last name)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

With sims that are bugged you dont need to activate cheats to reset them just type in resetsim ( sims first name ) ( sims last name)

With no brackets
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Is things like bugged include my Sims peeing fire 🔥?
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member

Haha yes this is a known bug. Here is the official bug report thread on it: OPEN Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

Follow that link and then click on "me too" under the original post. This lets the people who fix the game know that you are also experiencing the issue. They will eventually get around to fixing it, but probably not too quickly since it isn't detrimental to gameplay.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Why doesn't the game allow you to remove tiles of the auto-concrete when building? You can hammer the whole floor but not individual tiles. Once you have, why doesn't the game allow you to place tiles in empty spaces on the first floor or above?
    Hi :)

Can I ask which expansion packs unlock new traits in create a sim please?? I recently got city living and noticed 2 traits of vegitarian and unflirty.

:):)
  • savuti6savuti6 Posts: 24 Member
    New to Sims 4 but been a simmer for ever..Need to know how to add a spa to my Island game ? Do they have to go onto a Community Lot? I really want the Yoga Instuctor NPC and for all Islanders to be able to use it (rotational Play) If I build my own would I have to delete the other beach lots and how much room do you need for a yoga studio? The Maxis one that game with the game seems to big to fit on any of the beach lots~ Savuti6
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    > @SarahLou372 said:
    > Hi :)
    >
    > Can I ask which expansion packs unlock new traits in create a sim please?? I recently got city living and noticed 2 traits of vegitarian and unflirty.
    >
    > :) :)

Yep, City Living added Vegetarian and Unflirty;
    Get Together - Dance Machine, Insider
    Outdoor Retreat - Squeamish
    Get Together - Self-Absorbed
    Island Living - Child of the Islands, Child of the Ocean
    Eco Lifestyle - Maker, Freegan, Green Fiend, Recycle Disciple

There are also Aspirations with most packs that can give you additional traits that aren't offered in the base game (like Master Vampire or Hero of Strangerville)

I think that's most of them, if I missed any hopefully someone else will help out and let us know.
  • TheLimonArtTheLimonArt Posts: 17 Member
    "What are the things you wished you had known when you were getting started with The Sims?"

I would like to know about the codes for money
    earlier))) The first few years, when I played in The Sims 1, it was very difficult for me, because the characters were very demanding. Now I remember this time with a smile on my face. After all, then the game was very addictive. It's simple now, you don't even need a motherlode. Plant a garden and rejoice! )))
    I will give very good advice to new Sims 4 players! Turn on your imagination! Create your own plot and story! Because of this I can't get out of the game for many years!

P.S. I have playing of The Sims for 15 years.
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    amp107 wrote: »

Haha yes this is a known bug. Here is the official bug report thread on it: OPEN Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

Follow that link and then click on "me too" under the original post. This lets the people who fix the game know that you are also experiencing the issue. They will eventually get around to fixing it, but probably not too quickly since it isn't detrimental to gameplay.

Hi @amp107 and @SarahLou372 but you meant: all the sims pee fire? Because recently I've played with my pharaoh TutanSTRAUD and he made fire pee in the toilet: I thought: ... maybe vampires do so!!! I make vampires in CAS but I've never played with them: I played just to make photo shots (one of them ended burnt in the sun ) ☀️🙄🔥
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    hello. new here.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    hello. new here.

Ahoy!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@OrangeSodaSIN Hello and welcome :)

@FrankieDanySIMS What is it then are they suppose to pee fire??
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    @SarahLou372 it means: that in my game I saw only a vampire with fire in the toilet... so I thought that was a "vampire thing" 😁
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    > @OrangeSodaSIN said:
    > hello. new here.

Hi! I'm also new here)
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    > @TheLimonArt said:
    > > @OrangeSodaSIN said:
    > > hello. new here.
    >
    > Hi! I'm also new here)

> @SarahLou372 said:
    > @OrangeSodaSIN Hello and welcome :)
    >
    > @FrankieDanySIMS What is it then are they suppose to pee fire??

hi nice you meet you two.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    @SarahLou372 it means: that in my game I saw only a vampire with fire in the toilet... so I thought that was a "vampire thing" 😁

Lol @FrankieDanySIMS when I first saw the bug it when a female human sat down on the toilet. I didn’t see the flames at first, just black smoke rolling out from under her, so I thought it was a new visual to show that she was doing something very smelly and gaseous :D:D:D

Since then, I’ve seen the flames appear right before they sit down on the toilet so I know what’s actually causing the smoke haha. As long as their bums don’t get burnt it’s not a bug that concerns me too much, mostly comical.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    amp107 wrote: »

Lol @FrankieDanySIMS when I first saw the bug it when a female human sat down on the toilet. I didn’t see the flames at first, just black smoke rolling out from under her, so I thought it was a new visual to show that she was doing something very smelly and gaseous :D:D:D

Since then, I’ve seen the flames appear right before they sit down on the toilet so I know what’s actually causing the smoke haha. As long as their bums don’t get burnt it’s not a bug that concerns me too much, mostly comical.

Too many spicy burritos! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png