Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Games More Accessible To Families

In order for my family to play sims together I would be purchasing hundreds of dollars so my boyfriend's two kids and the two of us could all play. Now with Steam having Sims it's more possible. But I can't share my origin games with them so they can't play sims 2 or 3. So basically they stuck until the next big sale on orgin so the can play again since I got a new desktop therefore no longer using the gaming laptop.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    As a kid, I only got Sims games for my birthday and Christmas unless I paid for it myself. It taught me a lot about saving money and working for things. Maybe try that if your kids are old enough?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    You can install the game on multiple machines. You don’t have to buy a brand new copy to get it on your desktop and laptop.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have the game on multiple computers and since my family prefers to play offline, we can all open and play it at the same time.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    You can install the game on multiple machines. You don’t have to buy a brand new copy to get it on your desktop and laptop.

I don't have physical copies of the game.
    I have the game on multiple computers and since my family prefers to play offline, we can all open and play it at the same time.

I had issues setting it up so orgin stayed offline. I really dislike orgin for that aspect. It's more of an orgin issue than Sims issue.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Origin always opens, but you can immediately tell it to "play offline" if another computer Is signed in already. My kids tell me when they are going to play, to warn about the pop up.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited July 2020
    You can download games on different computers
    .You just need to download Origin
    again.
    Thank you everyone. This really isn't an issue for me as I am no longer with my boyfriend that had the kids. So I would appropriate if this could be closed. Hearing about the kids on my feed is making me a bit sad.