Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it sad that this is normal now?

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have to admit I hate the constant sadness over the death of a friend. I know it's realistic to feel sad but friends don't pass away every five minutes!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    First off, I don't have Eco Living. I do not have the eating bug, yet but I do have the TV bug. LiELF says the decorations thing is intentional. was that in the patch notes? I have also noticed that my expencive nano garbage can is not paying for itself anymore. I also either use the cheapest toilet or what I think is the most expensive one that is unbreakable. All my sims that had the unbreakable toilet have had it replaced with an equally expensive one that breakes constantly. I can't even find the unbreakable one anymore. Are these bugs or intentional?

I am experiencing a lot more dropped actions. I have to watch my sims like a hawk to be sure they complete a task.

I have hit the "me too" in report bugs in the past and it does not change the count no matter how many times I hit it. Maybe it is bugged for me also. Guess I should go check it out again.

I don't remember seeing the decorations tweak in the patch notes, but I can tell you this:

There was a thread on the forums a few months ago that had a lot of player feedback about a recent survey and the emotion system. The decorations buff was one of the things being discussed. I did an in-game experiment and posted my results in this discussion with my own suggestions, one of which was to put a timer on the deco buffs, then I tagged a few SimGurus to request they look over the thread with serious consideration.

I would be very surprised to find this to be a bug, as it seems to me to be a direct response to that thread, of which I'm very grateful.
    #Team Occult
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Its not a bug... its a feature at this point.

It is sad but i got used to it. This thread just reminded me, on why you should always wait and check the forums after a DLC/Patch released.

Espacially after they left the sims3 to basically rot in the corner.
    Learned my lesson.
    Its why i never pay full price, wait for the next patch to sort things ou,t that had a high demand (while i still expect them to fix dine out for me and many simmers) and just chill in the corner without the newest pack
    Thank god for mods really, at least there is the option for that.

I dont understand why some people tend to immediatly buy a pack when its released, knowing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure that it is buggy to the point where it becomes unplayable? Okay not everyone knows, people just joined but they tend to do this all the time.

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited June 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    First off, I don't have Eco Living. I do not have the eating bug, yet but I do have the TV bug. LiELF says the decorations thing is intentional. was that in the patch notes? I have also noticed that my expencive nano garbage can is not paying for itself anymore. I also either use the cheapest toilet or what I think is the most expensive one that is unbreakable. All my sims that had the unbreakable toilet have had it replaced with an equally expensive one that breakes constantly. I can't even find the unbreakable one anymore. Are these bugs or intentional?

I am experiencing a lot more dropped actions. I have to watch my sims like a hawk to be sure they complete a task.

I have hit the "me too" in report bugs in the past and it does not change the count no matter how many times I hit it. Maybe it is bugged for me also. Guess I should go check it out again.

I don't remember seeing the decorations tweak in the patch notes, but I can tell you this:

There was a thread on the forums a few months ago that had a lot of player feedback about a recent survey and the emotion system. The decorations buff was one of the things being discussed. I did an in-game experiment and posted my results in this discussion with my own suggestions, one of which was to put a timer on the deco buffs, then I tagged a few SimGurus to request they look over the thread with serious consideration.

I would be very surprised to find this to be a bug, as it seems to me to be a direct response to that thread, of which I'm very grateful.
    I’m guessing the decorations changes have to do with this bold line in the patch notes
    BUILD MODE ITEMS GRANT GAMEPLAY EFFECTS
    How you build your lot can now affect your gameplay. Certain objects such as wall patterns, floor patterns, fences, and columns bring different gameplay modifiers. Some of these modifiers affect how your Bills and utilities are calculated by decreasing or increasing your Power or Water utility production or usage, as well increasing or decreasing the price of bills. Environment Score can now be impacted by certain objects and materials.Drywall walls without wall patterns applied now decrease environment score like they did in The Sims 3! The choice of floor and wall materials used can also affect the ability to spread fire or puddles at an increased or lessened rate. And if you’d rather build your lot without having to think about these things, don’t worry. There’s an Option in the Gameplay menu to turn all of this off.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I’m guessing the decorations changes have to do with this bold line in the patch notes
    BUILD MODE ITEMS GRANT GAMEPLAY EFFECTS
    How you build your lot can now affect your gameplay. Certain objects such as wall patterns, floor patterns, fences, and columns bring different gameplay modifiers. Some of these modifiers affect how your Bills and utilities are calculated by decreasing or increasing your Power or Water utility production or usage, as well increasing or decreasing the price of bills. Environment Score can now be impacted by certain objects and materials.Drywall walls without wall patterns applied now decrease environment score like they did in The Sims 3! The choice of floor and wall materials used can also affect the ability to spread fire or puddles at an increased or lessened rate. And if you’d rather build your lot without having to think about these things, don’t worry. There’s an Option in the Gameplay menu to turn all of this off.

That makes sense, since there was a huge build/buy overhaul for eco environment. I'm just glad there's a countdown now instead of it being completely static all the time.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @suzanna13 yes Sims seem to be dropping an increasing amount of actions. I remember this happening in the past but not as much.
    My Sims are dropping actions like harvesting, watering plants, painting etc.

Sometimes when I queue more than 3-4 actions they sometimes drop the last one. The big problem with this is when you're filling your sims needs but have to take care of multiple sims at once you have to follow each one around just to make sure they do go take a shower, or use the toilet etc. and don't end up just standing there.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I dont get really upset with the game having bugs, my only issue is when they move on and leave stuff unfixed. the players paid for working features, you know. There are a few bugs from the older packs that i hear are still going and i think should be looked into no matter how old. I havent gotten across any bug yet to be honest, but i am only playing with the base game currently which means i have a smaller poll of bugs that i could encounter.
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    I've only recently noticed the eating bug. Some of my sims won't even eat the food when they're hungry. They'll grab the plate and then set it on the ground and continue on their merry way. I have to constantly be watching all of my sims actions since I play multiple sims within a household. Lately there's been SO MANY dropped actions - specifically going to sleep, taking a shower, going to the bathroom, giving the toddler a bath. Same with the autonomous actions like "put down" toddler when it isn't needed or the toddler isn't even nearby. I finally got rid of the dang high chair because my sims kept randomly putting down and leaving the toddlers in them.

I don't even have Eco and I'm having the issues with N.A.Ps also. I've had to lock the doors and fences to everyone outside of household members because they just come in and bake cakes and cook other things. I haven't played the sims since the first generation of the game and I love it but man this is getting frustrating.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    I agree with your sentiment OP. It is the status quo of TS4. The eating bug was reported when the game was new, looks like it's back. Especially the part of food still on the plate. The old bug of leaving a plate or bowl out on the sidewalk by our Sims or even visitors or townies is an old bug when the game was new. The 'movies' continuing has been reported before here on the forums before they removed the bug threads to site where no one can see all these bugs. It's a real shame that with each new DLC you can expect the core game to get broken over and over with the same old bugs, and each EP or GP to also no longer work as intended. GTW has been broken for as long as I can remember.

No one has addressed the bug of not being able to find a suspect because they may not be wearing the clothes the clues suggests anymore.

It gets very old and tiresome to reinstall patches over and over to fix old bugs and or new bugs that only break more stuff in an owned EP or GP already in game, let alone install a new EP or GP that doesn't even work correctly on day one. The attitude about TS4 seems to be giving Maxis a pass, and why anyone does that is beyond me, by many always saying well all games have bugs.,..well no they don't only subpar ones do.

ETA: Yes, they have said EA is Maxis and Maxis is EA..ok...Andrew Wilson stated many moons ago when he took over, that EA would gain back a good reputation by not releasing buggy games...guess that wasn't true.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BotchedParrotBotchedParrot Posts: 11 New Member
    That doesn't necessarily bug me too much, unless my sim is on a schedule. For the most part, their time is pretty free to have to worry about unless it's to deal with other sims. IMO, some of them take too long to do normal things sans the bug, but I digress.

There are other gripes I have, specifically affecting mods, which I kind of partly blame on the shortcomings of TS4, much less the modders. But that's a topic for another day.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2020
    Fillups44 wrote: »
    I might be in the minority here but I've been playing The Sims since 2002 and it has been my experience that with any significant addition, there have been bugs that have required patching to fix. The game in all its iterations is a pretty complicated piece of software and with so many possible interactions, that significant changes kick up a few bugs.

The recent base game before Eco living dropped was an extremely ambitious one and with that has come a host of bugs and glitches that will need to be patched out. The team has worked quickly on the most extreme ones and I'm sure is gathering data and working on a host of others. The Sims 4 has overall been a lot more stable for me than The Sims 3 was.

Even though this has been a consistent issue with each generation of The Sims I have played, I don't consider it sad. I like The Sims because of all the options and stories it lets me tell. In my experience, games that afford that level of choice often also come with their share of glitches Skyrim, Mass Effect also offer a lot of choice and have had quite a few glitches over the years sometimes after big overhauls and updates. It happens.

Yes, the game may be stable for you and you are entitled to that opinion but here is mine, while the game may be stable it lacks options as EA/Maxis do not want to ruffle feathers by adding options that may cause an hit to performance and the sad part of it all is the time period we are in where tech is at its highest that was not back in 2014, Glitches and Bugs are not the same as Glitches are mainly caused by specs that the program is not meant to be used and sometimes hard to reproduce whereas bugs are usually hard written in the code and can be activated by running an certain routine. The problem with EA/Maxis is their timing when they chose to fix them for all the others had known bugs and they was never addressed unless an modder took it on themselves to fix it and for me that makes the developer look bad. They never fixed the routing bug which was extreme to the max in Sims 3 where most had an time and half trying to enjoy it but could not because EA/Maxis never tweaked it but the modders did and the pack was IP which was excellent with an big bug. However Sims 4 has it own problems as well.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FallsmyerFallsmyer Posts: 22 Member
    My issue with TS4 isn't that new packs are releases with bugs/glitches (it happens, even with testing you can't account for everything people are going to do or how it is going to affect other packs because most of the time the testing is done strictly with base game only). My issue is that EA/Maxis takes months to fix things that are massively affecting the game. The way NAPs are negatively affecting the game should have been hotfixed immediately, not take over a month without a word of acknowledgement that they are working on the issue. I don't need a massive patch that fixes 95 other bugs/glitches right now; I need an immediate fix to the NAPs that are causing massive issues with sims taking care of themselves and doing what they are told. EA/Maxis is working on the next 35 packs all at the same time, but can't take 2-3 people aside and assign them to bug fixes... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA get your act together!!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It is sad. That is how they are though. I will never be able to play a magician in TS3 and make it to the big show venue. Never. The bug they never fixed. I tried the mod but it just slowed down my game too. At the end of TS4, expect to have to live with the bugs they leave at the end.

How come other people have been able to complete the magician career in TS3, but not you? What mod are you talking about?

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims 4 has overall been a lot more stable for me than The Sims 3 was.

Why even mention The Sims 3? This is about how buggy TS4 is!

Despite what you wrote, The Sims 3 is a lot more stable than TS4. If it's not stable for you then you haven't installed the only two mods that you really need for it: MasterController and Overwatch.

• SenkoSenko Posts: 9 New Member
    What bugs me is not being able to tell what are bugs and what are design features. For example voting on a NAP plan only counts for the eco aspiration if you are in the new world. Is this meant to be that way or should it count in any world? I know introduce yourself to new sims is San Myshuno only but why when we have neighbourhoods in all the worlds? You expect bugs, you get bugs, you report bugs fine but when you genuinely can't tell if its a bug or if its meant to be that way is very frustrating.
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 4 has overall been a lot more stable for me than The Sims 3 was.

Why even mention The Sims 3? This is about how buggy TS4 is!

Despite what you wrote, The Sims 3 is a lot more stable than TS4. If it's not stable for you then you haven't installed the only two mods that you really need for it: MasterController and Overwatch.

Yes, in defense of TS3 and I don't hardly ever play it anymore, I could load it right now and not even see any bugs since I know BP and IP had routing issues and there are those replacement world fixes for the routing issues for those two worlds. But I could load my game right now and not even run into a bug. I can't do that in TS4.

I think EL has become TS3's IP EP and no point in anyone saying a word about IP anymore (as it was known to be buggy due to routing etc.) but EL has gameplay issues that can't even been handled by the player to overcome like the neutral feature or bug of everything going back to normal/neutral before you even change anything in a world and or some NAPs over taking all of the gameplay in every world. In my opinion EL is right up there with the most bugged pack as many said IP was, and which I never did buy because of those bugs. I would dare say I won't see any bug in TS3 (with the five or six packs I do have installed) and don't even see any bugs in TS2 that I didn't cause myself by using moo and or some other cheat.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Never buy expansions full price, I wait til they’re on sale or I can make a bundle. They are:
    A.) Never worth the asking price
    B.) Infested with bugs it’s unprofessional
    C.) Beta Test

Bass game patches have bugs too and I wish there was a way I could prevent downloading them until the bugs have been fixed and still play.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    Anybody on this forum ever met Will Wright? Believe me, he was glad to be rid of the AI and autonomy problems.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Fallsmyer wrote: »
    My issue with TS4 isn't that new packs are releases with bugs/glitches (it happens, even with testing you can't account for everything people are going to do or how it is going to affect other packs because most of the time the testing is done strictly with base game only). My issue is that EA/Maxis takes months to fix things that are massively affecting the game. The way NAPs are negatively affecting the game should have been hotfixed immediately, not take over a month without a word of acknowledgement that they are working on the issue. I don't need a massive patch that fixes 95 other bugs/glitches right now; I need an immediate fix to the NAPs that are causing massive issues with sims taking care of themselves and doing what they are told. EA/Maxis is working on the next 35 packs all at the same time, but can't take 2-3 people aside and assign them to bug fixes... 🌺🌺🌺🌺 EA get your act together!!
    Which is why we giggle about Sims ever going MMO again. With how slow the live service has been for the Sims 4, having servers that break even more and have even more bugs, it is just begging for a SimCity 2013 repeat again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited July 2020
    This difference to me about live service willy nilly patches and when we would get a patch for TS2 is the time and value of those patches.
    I hate to point this out but it was my experience. If anything about a new EP messed up something in TS2, it was only a few weeks until a patch was released to fix those things and they remained fixed. It takes months for things in TS4 to be fixed, and then what some needed fixed may not even be fixed in a next patch. TS2 did need a few emergency patches such as too many NPC characters spawning one time, it didn't take months or years to get that fixed. It was within that month of release of the BV pack, IIRC.

There was no need for hundreds and hundreds of pages of known issues, maintained by a person in the community that has nothing to do with the team. Though we appreciate everyhting Crinrict has done for Simmers all these years by maintaining these lists in TS3 and TS4 it wasn't necessary back in TS2. EP release, patch in the next few weeks, fixed for good 99% of time.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I don't know about first thought re new bugs etc is that special for TS4. Every morning when I start my computer, I say to myself "Please, one day more. Don't let today be the day you break down!".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    The always drinking water is a bug that needs to be fixed.

@Bronwin2 I never saw that as a bug. I was like cool, sims like to stay hydrated. Now lemme go get something to drink
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • BotchedParrotBotchedParrot Posts: 11 New Member
    > @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Bronwin2 I never saw that as a bug. I was like cool, sims like to stay hydrated. Now lemme go get something to drink

Some of mine have alcoholic tendencies, especially to retrieve such drinks from an item they have no access to. Then again, I'm using mods but not any which I'm aware would induce this, yet I do see the water bug as well.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    > @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Bronwin2 I never saw that as a bug. I was like cool, sims like to stay hydrated. Now lemme go get something to drink

Some of mine have alcoholic tendencies, especially to retrieve such drinks from an item they have no access to. Then again, I'm using mods but not any which I'm aware would induce this, yet I do see the water bug as well.

My sims are also obsessed with drinking water, even without mods. It's frustrating when they ignore other needs to do so.

I'm generally easygoing with bugs, as I get game dev is difficult/unpredictable. I'm fine with a handfull of minor bugs or 1-2 major ones (I successfully played pc LA Noir which required a mod to run - fun times), but ts4 has multiple, many of which are game breaking, and grow with each pack/update. It's honestly the buggiest game I've ever played, and my mods folder is host to a growing number of fixes, which I'd expect of an indie game, not a (very) expensive AAA title.
    edited July 2020
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Anybody on this forum ever met Will Wright? Believe me, he was glad to be rid of the AI and autonomy problems.

I'm sure he was glad to be rid of it as he stated one time building the sequel (TS2) was excruciating. There is a difference in route fail and implementation of game features that aren't even registering correctly which has nothing to do with autonomy or route issues.

Idle autonomy must (in any game) have more in it's bag of tricks than drink water, or shoot hoops, and or dance or hug. The problem to me with idles in TS4 is the fact there is nothing in the bag for a Sim to do but a few things. It's why they do things over and over and over as if obsessed with an object or autonomy action. I would rather see route fail than the same idle choice over and over and over.

I'm to the point I actually am expecting that Sims won't be able to knit in the knitting pack. lol This game has become that bad that we expect it.

People can do whatever they want with their money. But I'm not going to be one to say "Don't get me wrong, I love TS4...but" no, I'm going to say "This thing is a mess and I'm not buying one more thing". Not oh, yeah, EL is real buggy but I'm ready to hand money over for Knitting. Geez my parents would roll over if they thought I was throwing good money after bad.

I can hear it now, why are you going back out with that person after they dumped you, and broke your heart and treated you badly? Lol I won't buy because of voices in my head that taught me better.