Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• RedWolf9RedWolf9 Posts: 3 New Member
    Idk if this has been requested, or if someone has already asked for it, but i would love a mod, that allows you to rebind hotkeys for the game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Is anyone aware of a mod that lets you cook the 'fancy' meals that came with Dine Out on a regular stove? That chefs station, or whatever it's called, is far too big to fit in a normal kitchen...
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'm essentially looking for a mod that greatly increases the power and water production output for the Windmills, Solar Panels, and Dew Collectors, basically where I can have one or two, and a huge mansion (or Medieval Castle) is essentially in surplus of utilities, plus a satellite that re-enables the internet on off the grid lots.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    isn't there a mod that cancels nap's?
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    isn't there a mod that cancels nap's?

sry for double post (i can't eddit) But if someone want the same mods i was looking for, here they are (thnx to Magnetic)
    https://patreon.com/magneticsouth
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Is anyone aware of a mod that lets you cook the 'fancy' meals that came with Dine Out on a regular stove? That chefs station, or whatever it's called, is far too big to fit in a normal kitchen...

Thought I'd post this in case anyone's interested - found what I was looking for :)

https://modthesims.info/d/639505/schmapple-oven-with-experimental-food.html
  • JessAlphaJessAlpha Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi all, is there a mod that changes or adds channels to the TV? Seaching only yields long complicated instructions to create my own. Thanks
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Is there mods that:

1. Let you sing the holiday song anytime?

2. Let you choose your own bookcover for a written book? I hate how random it is.
  • AlunnyAlunny Posts: 24 Member
    We need to have a mod to show all the sims you can add to your club in the add to club dialogue. It shows me a handful of randos I don't even know. There used to be a mod called All Eligible Sims Show but it's been removed by its author so I'm just over here pulling my hair out and crying a little over it lol :D.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Alunny wrote: »
    We need to have a mod to show all the sims you can add to your club in the add to club dialogue. It shows me a handful of randos I don't even know. There used to be a mod called All Eligible Sims Show but it's been removed by its author so I'm just over here pulling my hair out and crying a little over it lol :D.

I remember using that exact mod. I had no idea it was removed. I don’t play much with Clubs anymore.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would like a mod to make cowplants immortal but not affect them in any other way.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > @Alunny Do you still have the file for that mod? I can try to take a look when I get the chance.

That would be AMAZING! I did find a copy of it here:
    http://easymodding.com/en/sims-4/sims4-mods/48083-eligible-sims-always-show-up.html

Thank you so much!!
    > @Rouenpucelle said:
    > I would like a mod to make cowplants immortal but not affect them in any other way.

I saw a mod just yesterday that was called no cowplant death and name cowplant....but i can't find it now. I was so sure it was a Coolspear mod. I've been looking for it again for 30 mins no luck....but I did find this you can use this for the lifespan part only: https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=538993
    > @Rouenpucelle said:
    > I would like a mod to make cowplants immortal but not affect them in any other way.

I can't edit my post I think I found it but it's very old as well. It still might work :)

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/12197-garden-long-lived-peace-loving-cowplants/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Alunny Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate the time you took to look for these mods! I'm not a member of the Sims Asylum, so I'm still working on that one. But I'm going to try alexnidhogg's 5x lifespan mod tonight and see what happens. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    I haven't seen any mods about this anywhere yet, but I can't be the only one. I miss the old bills system! Or at least add the utilities bills to the percent of the value of items you own. Is there a mod out there that changes the bills system, or at the very least makes it so my bills are more than $300-400 each week? There's no point in having rich sims anymore lol.
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Hi

I'm new to the forum I noticed the new to Mods thread was closed. I've played sims for years but never learned about Mods, So I guess my request is where I can find information about them how they work and how to use them please if someone can point me in the right direction :) :)
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
    Hi

I'm new to the forum I noticed the new to Mods thread was closed. I've played sims for years but never learned about Mods, So I guess my request is where I can find information about them how they work and how to use them please if someone can point me in the right direction :):)

Start with these two websites:

https://modthesims.info/

https://www.thesimsresource.com/

You have to make accounts for both of them but there's loads of content on both, and i'm pretty sure modthesims has a pretty decent tutorial on how to download them if you've never done it before. Hope this helps!
    Thank you for the help with the links! :)

How do I find modthesims please?
    @SarahLou372 Sorry, Mod The Sims is the name of the website for the first link I posted. But instead, try using Carl's guide to help you learn instead (I couldn't find where I thought tutorials were on mod the sims). Here's the link for the tutorial: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php - a tip, just be really careful when downloading mods... some of them can break your game if you're not paying attention and don't read the descriptions. Hope you have fun!
    Thank you for the link! :)

How will I know which Mods to aviod, which will break my game?
    Thank you for the link! :)

How will I know which Mods to aviod, which will break my game?

In my experience, usually just making sure that you read the mod's description will tell you if it's compatible with what you have in game. For example, it's generally not a good idea to download two different mods that perform the same function. Since they can both change the same script/functions... game freaks out because it's not sure what to do and lead to crashes and whatnot. Or if the creator hasn't logged into the site for a while, the mod might not be updated and is not compatible with the game update. (anyone with more experience in modding than me, feel free to make corrections or add suggestions).

That being said, I'm in no way an expert at modding, just done a lot of trial and error lol. I think the biggest takeaway is to make sure to read the mod's description and 90% of the time you'll be ok - there are just some mods that are "bad" and there isn't a way to tell until you load your game. Unfortunately that is the risk you take if you decide to add mods.

Mods sounds more complicated than I thought it would be :# :# seeing others use them in Sims community pages and forum looks so easy when they post images of their modded games, I feel this might be out of my comfort zone and a little to complicated.
    edited July 2020
    Mods sounds more complicated than I thought it would be :#:# seeing others use them in Sims community pages and forum looks so easy when they post images of their modded games, I feel this might be out of my comfort zone and a little to complicated.

Oh no, I didn't mean to scare you! I just wanted you to be aware of the risks involved. Hair and makeup mods are usually safe so I'd suggest starting with those, and then you can decide if you're ready for "bigger" mods. You can even just type in "sims 4 hair custom content" into google and loads of websites with downloads should pop up. 100% up to you of course! Again I am in no way an expert, and there are many other simmers way more experienced than I am, but I'm always happy to help if you want to PM me. :)