Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Master Simmer Challenge - Discussion Topic (Paranormal Update!)

124...Next

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited August 2019
    Updated two goal sets for feasibility after testing: (updates in bold)

Set #16 – Retail Mogul (Get to Work)
    Own a Retail Store worth at least 100,000 Simoleons
    Have 3 top level employees
    Have Spent 15,000 points on Retail Perks

(getting all perks is pretty much impossible.. I had to set a better goal)

Set #26 – Comedian
    Get to Level 10 in the Entertainer Career (Comedian)
    Master the Charisma Skill
    Master the Comedy Skill
    Complete the Joke Star Aspiration
    Have 10 Excellent Comedy Routines
    Have 3 Excellent Long Comedy Routines
    Perform a Excellent Comedy Routine at a Gold Level Party 2 Times

(there are no "perfect" routines)

Oh, and I will be adding the Moschino pack in the next week.
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Interesting challenge, @IllusoryThrall. Might take on the challenge since there are a lot of things I have never tried to do in the game.
    I have a couple of questions:
    - seems to me that it is intended to complete only one adult goal set per sim per generation? But there are some sets that seem really easy to me. The easiest is set #49 – Hopeless Romantic, which can be completed in 1-2 simdays. So, after your sim finishes one set would it be possible to switch to another set? Or maybe it is possible to work on several sets at once? I think at least sets 40-42 could be done simultaneously. Well, my sims have never owned a pet clinic so I don’t know how hard that is…
    - Swim while the weather is freezing – I gather that this can be done only if you own both Seasons and Island Living (don’t have IL)? I don’t think swimming in swimming pools counts?
    - Is it still possible to complete the Easter Egg collection? My sims have not found any easter eggs in years…
    -
    Oh, and I found one small mistake: restaurants come with Dine Out so set #22 – Restauranteur should be marked as Dine Out, not Get to Work.
    @Tiipii - yes, it's intended for each adult sim to unlock one goal set per generation. However, other simmers have elected to challenge themselves and do more than one, so I know it's possible. If you think you can do it, go for it!
    - swimming while it's freezing can be done in the pool. That achievement was around before Island Living, so it should stand to reason that it works without it. (And I'm pretty sure I've gotten it in the pool before, nearly killing my sim in the process... lol)
    - If you have Seasons, set up a custom holiday that includes easter egg hunting, and you'll find them everywhere... especially in landscaping objects around your house... so yes, it possible to complete.
    - Also, thanks for that. I think you may need both get to work and dine out? but to be safe, I'll note the dine out on it, as well.
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, @IllusoryThrall, for your reply.

What a great challenge this is, I have already learned a lot before I even started it 😊! I only bought Seasons when it was on sale earlier this summer and have not had time to explore the pack so that’s why I did not know about the easter eggs and swimming.

I am going to go ahead and create another new save for my new “masters”. I will try to unlock several goals per sim whenever it seems doable. My sim is going to start with set 39 Scientist and also do the easy one - 49 Hopeless Romantic – for easy satisfaction points. And I am going to start with 0 Simoleans like I always do because rich sims are not fun...
    I started this challenge a couple of weeks ago and I am really enjoying myself. I am a very goal-oriented simmer and this challenge suits my play style so well.

My family – the Masters – is doing so well. The first generation – Aurora and Art Masters – finished goals sets #26 – Comedian, #49 – Hopeless Romantic and #37 – Scientist. Aurora’s half alien daughter Bria (fathered by an unknown alien she met at work) continues the challenge with her husband Landon Lancaster. Bria is doing set #19 – Art Critic and Landon sets #16 – Retail Mogul and Set #29 – Freelancer #3 – Programmer (retail leaves so much free time so he has easily maxed the programming skill).

I have a question about Landon’s goal "Rank up as a Freelancer – Programmer": what does that mean, how do you “rank up” since there are no levels in this career?
    @Tiipii There are actually promotions / raises you can get as a freelancer. The more jobs you do, the more likely you are to get "promoted".
    I am still around, and still planning to update Master Simmer to Realm of Magic, I have just been very busy this past month and am only now starting to get back to simming. Look for the update in the next couple of weeks. :smiley:
    The rules have been updated as of today, all the way up to Discover University. Quite a few goal sets added, including three that are still in testing - I will try to get those finalized this week as I research more info and test out Tiny Living. I also updated the Cheat sheet and the main page with further info, including the fact that with these new goal sets, getting it done in 26 generations is out of the realm of possibility. Doesn't mean the challenge isn't complete-able... just allow yourself more time to get it done. That being said, if anyone notices anything weird or typoed or bad info in the new (or old) goal sets, please just let me know. Sorry it took me so long, I wasn't able to get some of the new packs until very recently, and have been on a bit of a Simming break.

Added Goal Sets:
    Set #66 – Freelance Fashion Photographer (Moschino Stuff Pack)
    Rank up as a Freelancer – Programmer
    Master the Photography skill
    Hire 5 different Fashion Models
    Earn the ClickShot P10 Mirrorless Camera (by maxing the Freelance Photographer performance meter)

Set #67 – Master Spellcrafter (Realm of Magic)
    Become a Spellcrafter (or be born one)
    Complete the Spellcraft & Sorcery aspiration
    Learn and cast all Practical Magic spells (9 spells)
    Use the Rite of Ascension on another sim, turning them into a Spellcaster
    Learn and cast all Mischief Magic spells (7 spells)
    Learn and cast all Untamed Magic spells (8 spells)
    Create a clone of yourself with the Duplicato Spell
    Win 5 Duels for rewards (artifacts, ingredients, or knowledge – friendly duels don’t count)

Set #68 – Alchemy Master (Realm of Magic)
    Become a Spellcrafter (or be born one)
    Complete the Purveyor of Potions aspiration
    Learn and Mix each of the 15 potions (will require collecting all of the proper ingredients!)
    Complete the Alchemy Perk Line

Set #69 (Bonus, optional?) – Ancient Bloodline (Realm of Magic)
    Earn the Ancient Bloodline Trait (will require at least third generation Spellcaster)
    Complete the Magical Artifacts Collection
    Collect all 11 Familiar Orbs

Set #70 – Education Administrator (Discover University)
    Join the Brainiacs (if you attend Foxbury), Art Society (if you attend Britechester) and get to Rank 3
    Get an Economics Degree (Distinguished available at Foxbury)
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Administrative Education Career
    Review 5 Budget Proposals

Set #71 – Professor (Discover University)
    Join the Brainiacs (if you attend Foxbury), Art Society (if you attend Britechester) and get to Rank 3
    Get an Psychology Degree (Distinguished available at Foxbury)
    Write 5 Scholarly Papers
    Write and publish at least 2 research papers (level 8 research and debate skill)
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Professor (Education) Career

Set #72 – Computer Engineer (Discover University)
    Get an Computer Science Degree (Distinguished available at Foxbury)
    Craft Computer Glasses
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Computer Engineer Career

Set #73 – Mechanical Engineer (Discover University)
    Join the Bot Savants (if you go to Foxbury) and get to rank 3
    Get an Physics Degree (Distinguished available at Foxbury)
    Max the Robotics Skill
    Craft all types of Bots – Cleaner, Gardening, Party, and Fixer
    Craft and equip a Robo-Arm
    Craft and equip a full Exomech Suit
    Craft and activate a Servo
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Mechanical Engineer Career

Set #74 – Judge (Discover University)
    Join the Secret Society and get to rank 3 (either university)
    Get a History Degree (Distinguished available at Britechester)
    Make 5 Rulings
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Judge (Law) Career

Set #75 – Private Attorney (Discover University)
    Join the Debate Guild (if you go to Britechester) and get to rank 3
    Get a Language and Literature Degree (Distinguished available at Britechester)
    Obtain 5 new clients
    Max the Research and Debate Skill
    Have 2 Professional Debates (at a podium)
    Get to Max Level (10) of the Private Attorney (Law) Career
    edited February 2020
    Changed the goal #73 and added:

Set #77 - All-Star Soccer Player* (Discover University)
    (*Could be combined with Set 12 or 13)
    Go to University and get a degree in Biology (Distinguished available at Foxbury University)
    While at school, join the Soccer Team Player after school activity and get to "Playmaker" rank
    Join either Foxbury Spirit Squad or Britechester Spirit Corps and get to rank 3 (Depending on which school you go to)
    Get an Athletic Career job after graduation and get to max level

The challenge is now fully updated with all packs. - I don't believe Tiny Living needs a goal set, because it doesn't really have Simming goals, it's more of a building challenge, in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and had another simmer point out my numbering scheme got messed up somewhere in the list, but it's all fixed now. Also, they put together google docs which are now linked from the Goal Sets and Cheat Sheet pages for online checklists. A huge thank you to Simfulicious!
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I am so, so excited that you updated this challenge! I've been looking for a new challenge to play and this seems amazing. I really hope it continues to be updated with new packs. So far I've rolled 'Crazy Cat Lady' and 'Oracle' for my first couple, and I'm making my way through the goals a bit already. I completed the feather collection and feel so proud because I've never done that before!
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    @IllusoryThrall - Wondering if in this Challenge that the Uglacy/Prettacy Challenge could also done by Randoming the Characteristics of the Sims added. Just asking because it is something I was thinking about doing.
    edited February 2020
    @DebraF63 I don't see why not. As long as you make the sims yourself, you're still within the rules :smiley:

@orangehippogriff I plan to continue to update the challenge, yes. Glad you're enjoying the challenge!
    After working my rear off trying to get one of the goals done, I have elected to change it for everyone. I don't think 15,000 point is possible while raising an heir.. so Goal 16 now reads like this:

Set #16 - Retail Mogul (Get to Work)

Own a Retail Store worth at least 100,000 simoleons
    Have 3 top level employees
    Have Spent 10,000 points on retail perks.
  • silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 283 Member
    I want to try this challenge so bad! I need to finish something first, but maybe I'll take one of my final 10 EPIC kids and start the challenge with them, that could be fun. I just like the idea of seeing everything I can, or trying it all. :smiley: I just would have to skip the magic stuff since I don't have that pack quite yet, although I want it.
    @silveRose82_ That sounds like fun, starting it with an heir! I haven't tried the EPIC challenge myself, but it's on my list. As for skipping a pack's goals, that's no problem - I have all the goal sets labelled with what pack they're from, so you can easily bypass the ones you don't have.
    edited June 2020
    Started working on the Eco Lifestyle update for this challenge today. Expect to see the goal sets updated before July.

Also, Generation 4 has started! https://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/2020/06/15/master-simmer-chapter-4-1/
    03-09-20_7-06-13-pm.jpg
    The Master Simmer Challenge has now been updated to be compatible with all expansion packs, including Eco Lifestyle. I’ve also been informed that, even with the 80 goal sets, it is still mathematically possible to complete the challenge in 26 generations. I just wouldn’t recommend it, as it would be an extremely difficult challenge. Anyone who does complete it, let me know, I’d love to hear about it! I also have updated the cheat sheet page with all the new additions to the game. Enjoy!

Anyway, here are the three new Goal Sets added:

Set #78 – Civic Planner (Eco Lifestyle)
    Get to Max Level (10) in the Civic Planner (Civil Designer) Career
    Rally Voters 10 times
    Draft 15 Municipal Concepts
    Have 4 active Neighborhood Action Plans in your neighborhood
    Turn a Community Space into a Marketplace (will need a Community Space in your neighborhood to do this, it can be placed there even if you’re not in Evergreen Harbor)
    Max the Logic Skill

Set #79 – Green Technician (Eco Lifestyle)
    Get to Max Level (10) in the Green Technician (Civil Designer) Career
    Turn a Community Space into a Community Garden (will need a Community Space in your neighborhood to do this, it can be placed there even if you’re not in Evergreen Harbor)
    Farm at least one type of insect at a bug hotel and use it for BioFuel
    Set up an upgraded vertical garden with at least one “Cruelty-Free Meat Wall” somewhere on your lot.
    Draft and Submit 10 Eco-Invention Concepts
    Unlock the Smog Vacuum Fabrication recipe via submitting Eco-Invention Concepts
    Produce enough power and water on your lot that you can sell or store the surplus
    Own at least one toilet converted to a Compost Container
    Max the Logic Skill

Set #80 – Freelance Crafter (Eco Lifestyle)
    Turn a Community Space into a Maker Space (will need a Community Space in your neighborhood to do this, it can be placed there even if you’re not in Evergreen Harbor)
    Get Bits and Pieces via Dumpster Diving
    Max the Fabrication Skill (10)
    Make all the different types of Emotional Aura Candles at the Candle Making Station and display somewhere on your lot
    Unlock at least 5 secret fabrication recipes through social interactions
    Max the Juice Fizzing Skill (5)
    Send off at least one of all 8 different emotional juices for Fizz Enthusiast evaluation
    Get the Mark of the Maker Plaque by maxing out the job performance meter as a Freelance Crafter
    Updated through Nifty Knitting 8/10/20
    Hidden and Legacy (optional) Achievements added to "cheat sheet" 8/10/20

Goal set added:
    Set #81 - Lord or Lady of the Knits (Nifty Knitting)

Max the Knitting skill (10)
    Complete the Lord/Lady of the Knits Aspiration
    Make the forbidden sweater
    Make Yarny and display him
    Sell 10 excellent or better knits on Plopsy
    Create more than 5 legendary knits
    Teach someone to knit until their skill is at level 5
    Unlock all the wear-ables for your family wardrobe
    Make a baby onesie for every baby in your household
    Updated for ALL packs including the new kits as of today. Also added a ton of information to the "cheat sheet".

Goal Sets Added:
    Set #82 (optional) – Journey to Batuu (Journey to Batuu)
    Complete the following aspirations: Hope VS Order, Galactic Privateer, Enforcer of Order, and Paragon of Hope (not necessarily in that order)
    Get max reputation with all three factions at one point in your sim’s life (not all three at the same time)
    Learn all ten Batuu cooking recipes by trying them out
    Learn all ten Batuu mixology recipes by trying them out
    Complete the Lightsaber Part collection
    Complete the Batuu Records collection
    Beat all three faction quest leaders in Lightsaber duels or Sabacc Games
    Max the Fitness skill
    Make at least one of both types of droids and fully upgrade at least one of them.

Set #83 – Supervisor Salaryperson (Snowy Escape)
    Max Logic and Charisma skills
    Max the Supervisor branch of the Salaryperson career
    Hold at least 5 phone conferences
    Work overtime more than 10 times
    Get the Workaholic, People Person, and Indoorsy Lifestyles

Set #84 – Expert Salaryperson (Snowy Escape)
    Max the Logic and Programming skills
    Max the Expert branch of the Salaryperson career
    Optimize at least 5 Spreadsheet formulas
    Exercise to decompress at least 10 times
    Take at least 15 power naps
    Get the Workaholic, Techie, and Indoorsy Lifestyles

Set #85 – Mt. Komorebi and Extreme Sports (Snowy Escape)
    Complete the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer aspiration
    Complete the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration
    Max the Skiing or Snowboarding skill
    Max the Rock Climbing Skill
    Build something cool at the top of the mountain!
    Complete the Simmi Collection
    Get the Chopstick Savvy Trait
    Collect all of the Forest Spirit dolls (not a collection item, but there are five of them)
    Get the Energetic, Adrenaline Seeker, Frequent Traveler, and Outdoorsy Lifestyles

Set #86 – Paranormal Investigator (Paranormal Stuff)
    Set your home as a Haunted House
    Max the Medium skill (level 5)
    Meet Guidry and get your license from him
    Join the Paranormal Investigator Career
    Purchase the Brave Reward Trait
    Collect all 6 of the Bizarre Idols and display somewhere in the house
    Collect one of each color of Spectre (there are 3) and display somewhere in the house
    Collect all 7 Dahlia Dolls and display somewhere in the house
    Collect all 12 soul pieces and display somewhere in the house
    Collect all 10 Unassuming Candy Jars
    Summon Bonehilda while Temperance is present
    Complete at least 20 Expert Paranormal Gigs

Set #87 (optional) – Sims “Hoarders” episode (Bust the Dust)
    Complete the Fabulously Filthy Aspiration
    Have one befriended dustbunny in each room of your house
    Create a disaster of a home, and decorate it to match!
    After you have completed the above, switch to the Perfectly Pristine aspiration and complete it
    Transform your home into a pristine palace, and change the decor to match!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you :)