Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    faerytech wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

There are memories?

Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    [/quote] Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha [/quote]

It becomes a memory of the collective conscience of the Sim Nation, across all his dimentional saves :D
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Sims only need half a square each side of a double bed to get in
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sims only need half a square each side of a double bed to get in

I think Sims only need half a square to get by anything but I could be wrong.

When you size down objects sometimes the footprint also sizes down with it which actually creates smaller versions of useable objects.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    faerytech wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

There are memories?

Yes, you add them by setting an emotion to a screenshot, however, it's a bit weird because they access the same ones as sims in a diff save haha

The memory system was much better before Get Together patch. First you could see individual sims' memories (not all the game pictures you've taken) and secondly you could set emotion yourself (otherwise it is really weird when game sets the death of a loved one as a happy memory).
    I'd really like it back. Yes, it was not like in The Sims 3 (for example the game doesn't automatically create memories and it was somewhat hidden from players as you could find it in camera panel), but it is better than what we have now.
    In get together you can make a cleaning club
    edited June 2020
    If you start a yard sale while a skilled musician is playing an instrument on the same lot everyone gathers around the musician.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    If you start a yard sale while a skilled musician is playing an instrument on the same lot everyone gathers around the musician.

I wonder if you get more tips
    If you size down a bed as small as you can sims can still sleep/whoohoo in it

But they hover above the bed
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Interesting...
    But they hover above the bed

Bizarre...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that slob sims can get an embarassed moodlet if they invite someone to their dirty home.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I didn´t know the Grimm reaper also wears a bag with the we wear bags action plan
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Did you know that one of the new lot traits in Eco living can keep your pool warm?

Helpful when you worry about sims going off to thepool to freeze to death when they feel like swimming.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    I didn't know you could catch a drawing tablet while fishing
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I found out today that if a guest dies in your lot, you summon his spirit and move his headstone to your sim's inventory while his spirit is out, that guest ghost will be added to your household.
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I didn't know sim pets could grieve the death of other pets via the urn/gravestone.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    EcBWTNLU4AEIqgc.jpg
    I didn't know that Patchy could help repeal NAP votes.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Did you know that one of the new lot traits in Eco living can keep your pool warm?

Helpful when you worry about sims going off to the pool to freeze to death when they feel like swimming.

I haven't bought Eco yet. My guess is that would be something like "Geothermal"?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A fussy toddler gets happy moodlets from "bossing" their parents about.
    When your dog knows enough tricks you can perform for tips
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    simimp wrote: »
    I didn't know you could catch a drawing tablet while fishing

And a camera, a violin and flowers.
    Ambitious sims dont like retirement
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2020
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I didn't know we get mystery jewelry and clothes with patches(?)/EPs(?)/GPs(?)...how do they work??

@MistyLake They are reward unlocks either with career promotions or by completing actions or challenges. Some are festival t-shirts which you unlock by purchasing them at the kiosks during the festivals in San Myshuno if you have City Living installed. Another City Living unlock is the beret that Miko Ono wears, it unlocks at a certain level of the critic career. There are also a few hidden base game items for example a motorcycle jacket for females that were never unlocked, and aren’t tied to a reward system. The only way I I know to get those is with a mod.

There are a bunch from Get To Work, they generally come in expansion packs & game packs. If you want to have most of them unlocked in CAS all the time you can install Unlocked CAS Parts If you’re not opposed to mods.

This mod has only been updated through Discover University so far, also you will need to know the pack numbers EP01 GP03 because that’s how his modules are labeled. Don’t bother installing unlocks for packs you don’t have. I have had this mod in for years and since it only unlocks things which already exist in game it doesn’t ever seem to break with patches.

Or you can just open the ctrl c window, type testingcheats on, then hit enter, then type in bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and hit enter again, and all reward items are unlocked. Then add bb.showhiddenobjects
    and you've got the rest.

I didn’t know the ignoregameplay cheat worked in CAS. I’m sticking with the mod because it keeps them unlocked all the time. It also now updated through Eco Lifestyle. You can get it here free https://www.patreon.com/posts/unlocked-cas-for-38063320. If you’re interested.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top