Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure question

Greetings!

I have a question regarding the JA pack. So I keep sending my sim on a vacation in order to explore the place and there are gates that my sim hasn't unlocked yet. But in her last vacation, there was a gate that she had already explored, but this time appeared locked. I mean, is this normal?
And I was also wondering, should my sim keep exploring the paths already explored until new ones get unlocked? Has this anything to do with how fast new ones will be unlocked?

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    On any given trip there are always two gates that are closed. The ones that are inaccessible now may be open the next time and vice versa. The only ones that are always open are the first gate, the gate past the waterfall, the gate to the temple and the gate to the Royal Baths. The others (there are 4 of them) will be randomly open or closed for the duration of your current visit.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, it's normal. I find it cool cause i can explore the jungle with a sim in one generation and then with other several generations apart.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I think that when your sim leaves Selvadorada all discoveries will get reset. Next time the gates might lead to different locations, or at least different gates will be locked as others stated. I never explored the jungle for more than one day, so I found the temple but never solved whatever is to solve. If I go there to do a serious job, I'll stay in Selvadorada for a long time because returning to lodging won't reset anything.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Thank you, everyone!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    When going into the jungles I always take my sims to every site that is open, even if been there before. Since he sites re-set there is always something new to find, things to learn and skills to improve. I thin JA is the best and most fun pack TS4 has.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    My wish that i know will never happen is that when you visit there after you explore you could then go back to any of the areas you unlocked already on that vacation , instead of having to travel all the way through again , I guess thats where vampires with complete sun block trait come in , they can travel through much faster
    When going into the jungles I always take my sims to every site that is open, even if been there before. Since he sites re-set there is always something new to find, things to learn and skills to improve. I thin JA is the best and most fun pack TS4 has.

Yeah, it's a fun pack, but I wish there were more temples to explore. :/
    That and more areas in general. Alternatively the tools to make them, as in TS3. Some possibilities: Port area, market, neighborhood with various types and levels of homes, work shop(s) where various artifiacts were made
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    isn't there a secret island somewhere? My sim never found that gate. (I'll admit I didn't try that hard either)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    isn't there a secret island somewhere? My sim never found that gate. (I'll admit I didn't try that hard either)

One of the gates leads to a small island, but this is one of the gates that isn't always open.
    It's the gate furthest to the right in the area with 4 gates to pick from. Not often open and not a lot there if you can get in
    aaronrulz wrote: »

There is, but there is nothing special about it. Just a treasure chest if I remember correctly.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Has anyone had any problems with the temple not reopening after you’ve finished exploring it. It usually only takes 24 Sim Hours but I have been stuck with “The temple is unavailable at this time check back in a few hours” for 3 sim days!