Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you were going to play a decade from the 20th century, which would it be and why?

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    1920s and/or 1930s
    The clothes. I would've also chossen the 1950s for the same reason.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    Thanks for those links...if I used them would they replace phones and computers in all my games or just in specific ones?
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    It would actually be 50's - 60's but that wasn't an option
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Thanks for those links...if I used them would they replace phones and computers in all my games or just in specific ones?

The typewriter is just cc, so when you go to choose a computer, it's just one of the choices you have.

The phone-animation suppressor would affect all your games, so you'd have to put it in and take it out depending on the save you're playing.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion it's team Maxis' job to get all these things into the game, not modders' (yes I know, the only thing that will happen while I wait for team Maxis to get that done is for me to die of old age

hahaha this cracked me up only because it's so true

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    I was torn between 50s and 60s. 70s and 80s would be great too. I love the idea of a music pack centering on the 70s and 80s! That would be a dream come true! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I can't choose. I took entirely too long trying to decide. I'm interested in certain things from each decade, mostly the fashion but other things as well.

I've never played my game centered around any other decade than the current one. I feel like there isn't enough in the game to represent certain decades to keep me involved, and I don't use CC or mods. I would love more stuff for the game that represented the 20th century. I mean the 90s is pretty well represented already.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2020
    1940s and/or 1950s
    I love the style of 40's and 50's. Hair, make up, clothes, furniture. Also 50's was the time when teens really started to have their own culture, like music etc.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    1920s and/or 1930s
    I'm not really into playing old school storylines but a roaring 20s decade would be interesting to play with
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    Much to the dismay of my Mum, who actually lived through those decades, I adore 60s-70s design, especially the hippie style!

And not just the style, but socially, it was an absolutely revolutionary time. If I had been born in the 40s instead of the 80s, I absolutely would have been at the Summer of Love (and the Human Be-In is in my top five lists of events I would 100% go to if I had a time machine, right under Queen at Live Aid in 1985).
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    1920s and/or 1930s
    All of the above? But I chose 1920/1930 because that was such a huge swing from opulence to depression, makes for interesting gameplay.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    I was a child/teen during those decades so I'd have a chance to re-create my growing up years. Plus it was a time of a lot of change, from the Civil Rights Movement early in the 1960s then Stonewall late in the decade. A lot of our current science stemmed from that era as well; we wouldn't have SpaceX if it wasn't for NASA and the first trips into space. And the seeds for what is now the Internet were planted in the 1960s and 1970s.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    1900s and/or 1910s
    I would hope it would include horses and a Little House on the Prairie covered wagon. It would give a different play style to the game. Adding more simple things to the game and things in modern games that could be used for poor Sims is interesting to me.

I don't want horses with a Farming EP because we wouldn't get equipment and cows, pigs, and chickens, which I feel it has to have in order to be a real farm pack. However, in a castle/King/Cinderella carriage or Little House type EP, I would be interested.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    1980s and/or 1990s
    I tend to like the age where I grew up in, cause it was more family friendly. I wish we had landlines though! We need a Nostalgia pack!

It is funny actually, cause when I played my first generation, the way how I build their house and I thought it was pretty cool at the time, kind of reminds me of a 70s style if I look back at it now. Their children make me think they more grew up in a 90's household, cause of the town house and family activities. The 3th generation kind of suits for the 00' era and I'm sure I will automatically adapt the 4th generation into the time we live in now, cause I learned many tricks and tips for building and playing from all those years. It just happened this way and it all lines up which is interesting.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    1940s and/or 1950s
    I really love the 1950's time frame, music, fashion and furniture in the sims at least so that's my first choice.
    Although really for me any time frame though is good for costuming/ghosts ect, music too. I'm in for any and all of it. Anything to help build stories and avoid searching for cc!
    egTcBMc.png
    ...I wish we had landlines though!...

I know! I download phone deco whenever I find it, as well as poses. It's not functional, but at least it's something.

af13bb30764cf6ef65cd7be644d413fee47d242a.png

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    1940s and/or 1950s
    I love the mid-century style! The mid-century TS3 store packs were so great.
    Hmmm. I thought there was going to be one decade that stood out from the rest, but it’s pretty even. Interesting.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    1980s and/or 1990s
    I'd have to play when I grew up. Going home when the street lights came on regardless of who was "it" during whatever game, drinking from the garden hose in the summer and having nearly no body fat from biking all over the neighborhood for hours on end going from one friends house to the next, lol. They could put Saturday morning cartoons on the tv i.e. My Little Pony ( the OG ponies and the best version), Transformers and Thundercats.

Ahh, the memories....😌
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    1920s and/or 1930s
    Flappers! The clothing style! The music and dancing! I love this era.
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    70s! Because their style is amazing and the love was real 😍
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2020
    1980s and/or 1990s
    90s kid over here! Though personally the farthest I would go back is the 80s and the same will be said for my sims. Im just not really big on romanticizing older time periods for reasons.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2020
    1960s and/or 1970s
    60’s through the 70’s no question. Cool fashion and uniquely stylish aesthetics combined with a relatively modern lifestyle. The lack of today’s intrusive tech has a lot of appeal to me in a Sims game. In many ways I feel that the series belong in that era.
  • ChristineRose5ChristineRose5 Posts: 37 Member
    1960s and/or 1970s
    I chose this era specifically because of the music. I think if we had the ability I'd make my Sims form a classic rock band in a second!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The '30s or '40s, the latter minus the war. I like the fashion and tech in that period. I've spent almost 20 years playing the original Mafia game and am eagerly anticipating its remastered release. :D