Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways the Sims 4 is BETTER than other Sims games! (Positivity Thread)

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I do like that TS4 is way more well-optimized than TS3. That game took so long to load every outfit category if you have a lot of packs/store content.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also, a lot of people forget about this but the sims 3 was full of expensive micro transactions through the sims store which were pushed and advertised in every part of the game. I haven't costed it up fully but to buy everything from the sims store would cost more than the entirety of the sims 4 packs put together, and that's excluding TS3 expansions.
    On the store theres 11 different worlds, and each of these cost $35 or $20 to buy the full version and they never go down in price, then there's other things on the store which are individual lots that cost 20 bucks.

I found this online from where somebody costed it all up and... yikes.
    I ran the numbers. I went to the Sims 3 store and searched for "*" and got 3190 results. I took the average of the first 50 results and it came to 233.5 simpoints. A simpoint is worth 10 cents. So everything on the Sims 3 store costs approximately $74,486.50. As for DLC/the game itself, the total is $439.81. So grand total, you're looking at $74,926.31 to own everything the Sims 3 has to offer. Start saving those pennies!

Thankfully they ditched these micro transactions with TS4 which is just another way TS4 is better than ts3
    That was just an estimate, not an accurate calculation and based on average not market value. Someone actually calculated it to be around $698.72 for the store. Sims store was miserable and glitchy, but had a few nice items like toddler and farm items. But I think it was a way to see how much people were willing to spend since Sims 4 was initially going to be a MMO game. EA is wanting to turn the Sims 5 into one, but that is a topic for another discussion. Sims 3 wasn't cheap, but Sims 4 is over double the pack price of the Sims 3 packs, so microtransactions still work to some extent with the stuff packs. But yes why I never was a fan of stuff packs because they are just microtransactions in disguise since the Sims 2 days.

Where the calculation was done based on average: https://steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/846954921951120944/

I had a thread about it:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934409/sims-4-6-year-estimated-total-cost/p1

Anyway the sources of the calculations: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/744958/how-much-do-you-think-the-sims-entire-collection-is-worth

My last calculation for the total franchise so far back in March with rounded numbers:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17429979#Comment_17429979

On the plus side the Sims 4 packs and base game are on sale right now on Steam with it being released there now.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2020
    well, I like how stable it is compared to other sim games and I like how the sims 4 is more into being diverse and including other cultures and religions as well as representing LGBTQ folks. I really liked the Muslim content that we got for the 5th anniversary and I liked the Caribbean content and the Diwali Holiday Celebration Update and the Pride Month Update.
    that's one of the reasons why I like the sims 4 over other sim games because it feels like the devs really care about representing other cultures and giving their players the ability to create themselves. so that's one of the reasons why I say it's better than other sim games.

I adore the graphics and UI and the toddlers. I love the AI as well ;o multitasking is my fav and I hope it will be in the sims 5. Build mode is great! I never did any building in previous sim games because of how clunky build mode felt to me but sims 4 build mode is so smooth and I actually built some houses. :) Sims 4 CAS is the best of course.

edit: this isn't really a gameplay thing but i like how they put out a statement in support of BLM. that made me happy as well and is why i like this iteration of the sims a lot. :)
    Post edited by ohmyohmy on
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    The sims themselves look much better, CAS is amazing, the graphics are obviously better than in previous games, cats and dogs are better implemented, vampires are much more fun, the celebrity system is better, I enjoy TS4's holiday system to TS3's one. I am sure there is more but I can't think of it right now.

ETA: oh also there are less rabbit holes
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The graphics, build mode and cas is better. I do like being able to live and visit different worlds. The gameplay itself is the easiest of the sims games I have played and in some ways I like that as I don’t have to think or put too much effort into it if I don’t want to. Personally I loved sims 3 the most but that came with its limitations such as game lag which sims 4 doesn’t have.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like the fact that sims 4 is easier than the previous iterations. I can play more stories that way.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Travelling across worlds and being able to play a household from a different world in the same save is my biggest.

Also how the sims look! I always had sims that looked the same in sims 2 and 3 or they had horrific looking children.

Vampires
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love the looks of my Sims. I've seen it said that looks should be secondary to gameplay but it's always been important to me. This is the first time I don't have tons of genetic custom content. I have none.

I love the travel between worlds. In my mind they actually aren't worlds but interconnected geographical locations. I have community venues exclusive to each location so that sims have to travel to experience them all. I love the idea of my Brindleton Bay sim traveling to Oasis Springs to spend the day with friends or relatives. Sulani is simply a beach location for day trips.

Love how easy it is to change aspirations.

Love how easy it is to manage the household and move sims around.

I actually enjoy the task oriented nature of completing skills, aspirations, jobs, etc.

As someone who cares nothing for building I love the Gallery. Just download lots right into the game and keep on going.

This is hardly an exhaustive list but just a few of my favorites off the top of my head.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I love the travel between worlds. In my mind they actually aren't worlds but interconnected geographical locations. I have community venues exclusive to each location so that sims have to travel to experience them all. I love the idea of my Brindleton Bay sim traveling to Oasis Springs to spend the day with friends or relatives. Sulani is simply a beach location for day trips.

This! It takes almost no time to travel so I love how I can do this as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love the way TS4 can deal with the tones of CC I download, whereas TS3 would be broken by now (at least in my experience).
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I agree toddlers are the best in TS4, but I do miss how that in TS2 they could sleep on the dog bed and eat dog food. And the babies could be placed in various places and washed in a sink. And I miss the stroller from TS3. But overall, the toddlers are the best, they are so adorable in TS4.

I really like that you can travel between all of the worlds. That is the best thing about TS4, also, they really improved seasons. in TS3 when it rained it just rained everyday and I couldn't enjoy it, so I had to turn it off. In TS4, my sims can enjoy every season, or not, but it works as intended
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    The Sims 4 is the first ever Sims game I’ve bothered to take a screenshot of my Sims/ the environment - and actually keep them! It’s such a pretty game to me.

I feel like this game is changing how I play the Sims completely. It’s inspiring me to write a story for the first time in 20 years (and post it online), play rotationally (ok so I did this a bit in 2 too but I haven’t really done it since), play with occults (CAS is so much better for them now) and actually try my hand at building. I’ve recently been dabbling with CC creation/pose making which I’m thoroughly enjoying and is something I never thought I would EVER get into in this game. It’s completely taken me out of my Simming comfort zone and I will always be grateful to the devs who managed to create a game that did so. I’m getting to explore areas of the Sims I thought I’d never be interested in.

The Sims 4 was a bit awkward for me at first and first impressions were not great but now there isn’t a day that goes by where I’m not thinking about a) ways to implement current gameplay into my storyline or b) build ideas for my story.

The Sims 4 does have its limitations but I’ve managed to adapt and change my playstyle to suit this new direction and find something that makes me genuinely passionate about playing the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is the first ever Sims game I’ve bothered to take a screenshot of my Sims/ the environment - and actually keep them! It’s such a pretty game to me.

I feel like this game is changing how I play the Sims completely. It’s inspiring me to write a story for the first time in 20 years (and post it online), play rotationally (ok so I did this a bit in 2 too but I haven’t really done it since), play with occults (CAS is so much better for them now) and actually try my hand at building. I’ve recently been dabbling with CC creation/pose making which I’m thoroughly enjoying and is something I never thought I would EVER get into in this game. It’s completely taken me out of my Simming comfort zone and I will always be grateful to the devs who managed to create a game that did so. I’m getting to explore areas of the Sims I thought I’d never be interested in.

The Sims 4 was a bit awkward for me at first and first impressions were not great but now there isn’t a day that goes by where I’m not thinking about a) ways to implement current gameplay into my storyline or b) build ideas for my story.

The Sims 4 does have its limitations but I’ve managed to adapt and change my playstyle to suit this new direction and find something that makes me genuinely passionate about playing the game.

This is me! Hahah this comment could have been written by me :smiley: it's exactly how i feel!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »

This is me! Hahah this comment could have been written by me :smiley: it's exactly how i feel!

me two screenshots in sims 4 are great fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I like how in Sims 4 there is not a problem with the population being overrun with vampires, aliens, witches or FAME.
    I love occults but even I got annoyed at my Sims 3 population being overrun with them
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I agree that the game is absolutely beautiful and the art style deserves its praise. The first time I played it, I was just wowed with the scenery and kept getting distracted by the environment, lol.

I also love taking screenshots. I did in Sims 2 as well, but in Sims 4, the backgrounds are just gorgeous and really fill out the pictures.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Tagging on to what you just wrote @LenaDieters ... or pets.
    I had a pretty bad experience with the first two sims games over that to the point that I would leave those packs out of the installment lineup when I got tired of actually playing with them. The strays and neighborhood pets would overrun things. Although I have to say I still don't think it's ideal in Sims 4 (I don't like the amount of strays in Brindleton.. especially sick ones)... for the most part I don't or rarely see strays anywhere else and that's fine by me. I have another issue with sickness in general there too for pets but most households don't have pets in my game and those that do get those vet treats first thing.
    I like to enjoy all the packs but I don't like to play with all of them all of the time... they are doing a balancing act/opt out act pretty well this time. With the new lock against vampires I feel even better about it.

I'm glad for patches too ... although I haven't been happy with every tweak I like that listen to the community and tweak things here and there or try to come up with a solution to please more people in general. It might take some time but it's interesting to see the game dynamics evolve and change some. Gives me hope for other things that I dislike about the game that can realistically be changed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Toddlers are amazing! Multitasking makes the sims themselves feel more lively as well as how expressive they are, and the way they move around is better for sure beacuse i dont have to worry about routing as much, they know how to navigate a room to do interactions. TS4 has also tons of awesome new features like lot traits, social clubs, knitting seems fun, and the general idea of the NAPs is cool, too! This is coming from someone who still doesnt have all the packs, there are more features that i have yet to discover and fall in love with!
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    ts4 has some good merits, I love CAS and building mode is good too, espescially adding rooms,since it works as it should. I think we had blueprints in ts3 as well? I just never managed to make them work. And toddlers were good when they finally arrived. But even with the good things I still feel ts4 is lacking, like I miss the open world with no loading screen and that they seemed to have more emtion than they have now with the emotions system. To me it's and okey game, but not one I spend alot of time on compared to earlier games. I'm glad though that people enjoy it because that gives hope to a hopefully better sims 5 :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Also, free window and door placement! I was watching someone streaming Sims 3 yesterday and they were trying to build a house but it was way harder as there was no free window placement. I don't think we've had free placement like that in any previous games? It's such a nice feature to have and I'm so glad they put it in. Along those same lines having the ability to size up and down items and move items up and down in build mode is so nice and adds so much more options. :)

(Also apologies for bumping up an older thread but I figure we're kind of in need of a positivity thread rn for those who like the game since there's so many threads going around about the bad but very few about the good)
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    Sims 4 is brilliant. I've played for thousands of hours offline. It's my goto game and I love it! The expansion packs in 2020 have been awful...the very first packs I haven't bought. But I still love this game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wanted to add to this thread but I think everyone said it all so I'll be brief. Things that stand out to me compared to ts3 is the simplicity of it all.
    ( I consider that different then depth)
    It's so easy to understand, navigate, build and do everything overall.

The looks of the sims don't get enough credit. The wide variety of possibilities when it comes to sims looks and how amazing they look when you get them the way you want. And they don't look uncanny valley real. Oh how I love my sims (till death do us part) 🧡
    I write fiction novels for fun and I have easily been able to recreate characters exactly the way I imagine them in my story. Then play with them. Makes me really happy lol

The fact that this game is so mod and cc friendly makes it top noch. Ts3 cc gets corrupted for no reason and cc allows me to change up my worlds and sims with creativity. I literally have cyberpunk style worlds, and aurthentic looking asian world, and a fantasy looking world because of cc builds and tool mod

The ease of rotate and household management makes me play this over ts3 also. I rotate sims from house to house like nobodys business due to my playstyle and I love the fact that I can!!

Graphics are just beautiful. I know people say gameplay is more important but I always take time to admire the environment. I know people complain about the fx background because it limits world style you want to play and I agree. But u think ts3 looked empty in the back. I prefer the fix

The push and pull way of customizing sims is amazing. Hate sliders and numbers lol

The camera doesn't get enough praise. I use the ts3 camera but it's not exactly like the ts3 camera its BETTER. The way it allows me to maneuver, zoom super close and move overall especially in tab makes me feel like I'm living with my sims lol.

Multitasking of course. I believe it's the source of a lot of issues like musical chairs. But when they actually behave correctly I love to see them doing multiple things.

And much more of course. I have so much passion for ts4. 😍
    Thanks for bumping @Onverser

Edit to add the gallery because I don't think it gets enough praise!!! I use it every play session and I found so many unique things just searching rooms. Beautiful ponds and creative things I would have never thought of.

And one more thing lol I love all the little motions, animations and sighing they do when standing or sitting. Makes them seem real. And they always look at the sim close to them.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love that sims can gain and loose weight. It's adds a little touch of realism to the game.
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I love that sims can gain and loose weight. It's adds a little touch of realism to the game.

Agreed...I only wish they didn't get so muscular after a couple of weight and jogging sessions!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Agreed...I only wish they didn't get so muscular after a couple of weight and jogging sessions!

Yeah I hate that too. I don't know if you use mods but you can set it so they don't get to muscular with the MCCC mod.