Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

12346...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    That's why I would like a TS5 section created already. The forum mods are going to have to create one sooner or later anyway.

Actually The Sims Franchise seems to fit, some TS5 threads are already there. It's above the TS4 categories
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-franchise-discussion

"The place to talk about the various generations of The Sims"
    TS5 threads are often about the best features of TS3 and the mistakes of TS4.

I don't think that fits though because it's too general. A specific TS5 section would be more appropriate because we're now talking more about what needs to be added to it that hasn't been in previous iterations.

It's general, but it fits a lot better than Sims 4 does. Posting in Sims 4 makes as much sense as flooding Sims 1,2, or 3 forums with Sims 5 posts. It's a diff game. Sims Franchise at least is for ALL the games in the Franchise and will, at some point, include Sims 5 (I assume anyways).

A specific Sims 5 forum would be ideal, but there isn't one, and there's no way they are going to make one until the game is officially announced at least, because of they did, that would pretty much confirm the game is coming before they want to confirm that.

I think you'll have to put up with these TS5 threads then here in TS4 section. I think the mods are keeping them here to gauge the ever growing unrest and wanting to move on to TS5.

For the TS4 simmers who don't like them, just don't click on them anymore.

I personally think the mods are fairly capable of monitoring Sims 5 threads that are in the correct forum just as well... can they not read all the boards?

*Shrug* I think it's telling when they let these TS5 threads stay in this section.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other choice

*Shrug* I think it's telling when they let these TS5 threads stay in this section.

I think you're reading to much into it. There's no Sims 5 forum yet, they may not move them no matter where they are. (Sims 1, 2, or 3 but no one posts them there for some reason, prob just cuz more play Sims 4 so these forums are more popular)

Oh well,hopefullly when then do announce Sims 5 they open a forum for it very quickly after. Then the drama can move over there and I can happily play Sims 4 in peace while people complain about Sims 5 instead (as they inevitably will.)

But in the meantime, I'm not really affected either way. I don't mind skipping them or reading them (depending on my mood) they just make the forums look messy is all.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Like someone said before me: When are threads like these ever useful? It's just a way to speculate and share opinions about the current game and what we wish for in the next game. It's not "useful" it's just fun.
    If people complaining about The Sims 4 is too much for you then sorry it is how it is and people are allowed to say what they think.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Other choice
    I think in practice they aren't useful, but in theory they could be.

Like a lot of other simmers here have expressed, I don't really like seeing TS5 threads pop up as it makes me feel like TS4 will be over way too soon and I'll just be facing buying the game(s) all over again. Kind of an irrational thought in some ways...but it is what it is.

The hope I have in the TS5 threads is that they might help (like EA's surveys) in at least providing some insight into what simmers want (and don't want).
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    I think we said enough of things. It was very interesting to know the different points of view.

Thank you very much !

Let's move forward and have fun !

[Topic closed]
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    They don't really push anything forward. It basically just devolves into, "The sims 4 is broken beyond all hope, forget finishing out its content run, let's start all over again from nothing and screw the people who paid for TS4, still play it, and are waiting on the packs that will make the game whole for them. They don't matter. The only thing that matters my thorough dissatisfaction with TS4's base game and core gameplay. I want TS5 right now because TS4 wasn't exactly what I wanted."

Personally, I just want TS4 to get its full complement of content before it ends. Is that so wrong? Ending TS4 before then would be the ultimate blow against the series' fans, and would erode any confidence players would have that, by the end of the game's lifespan, every kind of player will have enough material to properly support their gameplay style. That will drive people away in droves.

We had 3 years of TS, 4 years of TS2, 4 years of TS3 and almost 6 years of TS4. If anything TS4 fans are given privileges.

You wanna know what all three of the previous entries had in common by the time they ended, though? They all had complete content runs. TS4's content is not yet complete. It's missing big chunks of additional features that the previous games had by the end of their runs. So, is it really fair to say, "Well, it's been six years, I don't care if it's not complete, I want my new shiny NOOOWWW!" when this game isn't even whole yet? And look how long TS4 players have had to wait for certain content, and how fragmented those releases have been. That's not privilege, that's torture.

For example, we got aliens in 2015, we had to wait two years before we finally got vampires, then two more years before we got merfolk and magic back, and people are still waiting on werewolves and fairies (not to mention an update to plantsims to make them proper occults again). So, you're telling me, that you don't care if all of those people still waiting for their favorite occults to return in an improved TS4 version can go to Hades in a handbasket for all you care, just so long as you get a new basegame (which will start off with no weather, no college, no pets, no occults, no bowling, no restaurants...just like always)? And what about the family players who are still waiting on more gameplay for lifestages other than YA and Adult? Bump them too, huh?

Some of us still want to see our favorite content return in TS4. We know it'll be ages and ages before we ever see the things that are still unreleased again if TS4 cuts off now and leaves those things undone before TS5 comes around. If TS4 ends without a full compliment of occults, for example, what's to push me to buy TS5 at all, if I now know that I can be left hanging for years on end waiting for my favorites to be released, only for my favorites to never get made and the game's run to end with even fewer occults than TS4 having been released? Graphics? An open world? More cooking animations? Babies I can drag around the house? I can live without that stuff. It's not the meat and potatoes of my gameplay. Heck, I played TS4 on low graphics settings on a freaking Toshiba Satellite laptop up until I upgraded to a Dell G7 so I could run my art and design software better. I care about the content that will allow me to play out the stories I like to tell...and most of that content is stuff that generally comes in packs. Packs with the content I enjoy the most generally come out a couple of years into a Sims game. If I know I can be sitting around waiting for years with TS5 and still not get the content I enjoy the most, what point is there for me to invest in the base game for that installment?

Starting from zero again for players whose playstyles rely heavily on content from packs is not a joyful prospect. Starting from zero when you know that the new game will not have weather, universities, or pets of any kind, or any occults except for maybe ghosts if you're lucky, or anything but the most rudimentary outline of family play, because those things are only added with packs which could take years to come out if they even come out at all is not a joyful prospect. What's privilege is that the "TS5 NOOOWWW!" crowd have been whining for it since TS4 launched back in 2014 and still think that, even though this game's content run hasn't been completed, it should all come to a halt so their dream sims game can be made immediately.

Honestly you should aim that at the people making this game. If they could produce a “full content cycle” for Sims 2, and 3 in ~5 years then what exactly is the problem now? Sims 4 was supposedly built on brand new technology that was (by their account) designed to make content production faster and easier than before. So why does this game fall so far behind 6 years later? It doesn’t add up.

Had they been consistently improving the base game this entire time I could maybe understand why the DLC is lackluster, but that’s not happening. Sims 4 as a base game is basically the same as it was in 2014 aside from some aesthetic changes, some tuning, and a handful of features they promised and failed to deliver at launch (not even all of those).

I really don’t care for the self-pity angle you’re playing here. The devs are certainly anti-player in their business conduct but they aren’t torturing anyone. They are milking the people who continue to buy this game’s DLC and they won’t lose sleep over it, so why would you lose sleep over them not taking your money in exchange for overpriced shallow packs? Makes no sense to me
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Yes, but maybe having them in the general franchise section would be more organized? I am not a mod and they know best where a thread should go but i feel like having sims 5 threads in the sims 4 side of the forums is not the best way of doing it since this speculation section is still used for sims 4 upcoming content and updates. I also dont blame ts4 players if they want these threads moved somewhere else instead. Some sims 5 threads are already in the sims franchise section, and i would love to have all of them in one place whether it be there or a new sims 5 section.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    No
    Maybe @EA_Mai can clarify which section is best for Sims 5 threads.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hey folks, I've removed a significant amount of posts in here that were nothing but arguing, personal attacks and quite a bit of baiting. You all should know by now that this isn't appropriate and not allowed on the forum. The thread is now cleaned out however it has also been closed.

As far as wondering where The Sims 5 speculation threads can go, they can stay in the speculation and rumour section unless stated otherwise.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top