Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soocoolsim's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2020
    that’s okay lol.The grey floor is okay totally and the black should be okay I just didn’t want entire rooms colored black.If I could get a WIP of the pink though that would be great.Bright colors trigger migraines for me, but it depends on the pattern as well.A lot of the abstract patterns or patterns with flowers mixed in with bright end up giving me headaches.But little
    Bit should be okay :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited April 2020
    @GraceyManor , Sorry I didn’t know how colours affect you, just thought it was a design choice. I would rather be safe than sorry so am going to change the flower pattern in the girls room, no worries. Also, I was able to fit two single beds nicely in this room. I figured if desired you could always replace one with a crib as your family grew.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Back again @GraceyManor ... I've added screenshots of the rooms with bright colours on page 1. Does the girl's room recolour work better for you? Since you said you wanted reds and blues, I hope the other rooms work... but if you would rather I switched out colours or patterns I can easily do so. Just let me know.
  • Options
    @soocoolsim
    Recolor works best for me thanks!
    Other rooms colors are great! Looking fantastic!
    Like I said, floral-type patterns just usually bother my
    eyes, but the recolor is perfect.Thanks!
  • Options

Done @GraceyManor . One final question... I fenced the backyard. Would you prefer I fence the front as well?
  • Options
    @soocoolsim
    Would prefer the front without a fence.=) Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi again @Blythelyre , a few things I forgot to ask in my PM...

Would you like a basement? I can add misc skill items down there if you wish.

Also regarding potential RH lots... there is a 40x30 at 27 Palm Tree Ave overlooking the water currently with the Davis family which could be a good location. You could move them to another empty lot inland. I’ll build on that for now.

Re the 20 small animal cages... I’ll include rodent, turtle, lizard and snakes. Did you want any indoor or outdoor bird cages included? Aquariums? Ant farms?
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Hi again @Blythelyre , a few things I forgot to ask in my PM...

Would you like a basement? I can add misc skill items down there if you wish.

Also regarding potential RH lots... there is a 40x30 at 27 Palm Tree Ave overlooking the water currently with the Davis family which could be a good location. You could move them to another empty lot inland. I’ll build on that for now.

Re the 20 small animal cages... I’ll include rodent, turtle, lizard and snakes. Did you want any indoor or outdoor bird cages included? Aquariums? Ant farms?

Hi! I would love a basement, yes! And I am more than happy to kick anyone out of a lot if it's going to be my forever home! LOL I have no shame.

And for the small cages, I think it would be okay if there weren't 20 of them, unless you can put them all in one room. Yes to both types of bird cages. And yes to an aquarium! My gardener has had to do some fishing to get quality fertilizer. An ant farm could be a nice pet for one of the children's rooms. Maybe make that space a little more science-y?

My Sims have had children since I posted the request so I can confidently tell you that they have a teenaged daughter, a twins, one boy and one girl. I have a photo that was taken before they last aged up:

7209c493d4cba79c1ce5b1d6bff4e8f63377788f.jpg
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options

Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous family @Blythelyre ! Thanks for sharing and responding so quickly. I started on the shell last night and made a cool room for the animals (well at least in my opinion lol). Will need to test to ensure all cages accessible by sims. Haven’t laid out the interior walls as yet so still opportunity for changes. Will note 1 science-y kids room. I’ll tackle the bedrooms last so as they age up feel free to circle back with any fav themes, colours, etc.

Planning to head in game later today since I’m excited to continue :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hi! So far we have:

The youngest girl, Makenzie, she likes orange, she also loves the heat. She is disciplined and unless anything changes, she will probably become a lifeguard and work towards her black belt in Jujitsu. I say probably because she's a bit neurotic and you gotta be calm to be a lifeguard. She likes to listen to beach party music to calm herself down.

Her twin, Sullivan is into blue and hates being outdoors. He is more prone to the arts - music and painting in particular - although he dabbles in songwriting and poetry from time to time. Most likely to be a Renaissance Man - or a Jack of all Trades. He is easily impressed and follows his older sister everywhere.

The oldest, Teagan is athletic and brave and is in the ROTC, prepping to become an astronaut. She also tends to be easily impressed and is very family oriented. So she doesn't mind that her twin siblings tag along so much. Like her mother, she loves the color of lime. Teagan knows it's important to be well rounded and has expressed interest in learning more about science. Interest she seems to have inherited from her mom.

All three children are virtuosos and Sullivan and Teagan both love disco. It is constantly playing.

Val and Lillie are glad that their kids are so well rounded but they worry a little about Sullivan. They aren't sure what to do with a child who doesn't like the outdoors. They hope to find a home with a music room or the space to create one.
  • Options
    LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    hi there is there any1 who would b willing 2 build me a fairground & yeah i haqve roareing heights, boardwalk n little wonders carousel also please n ta loughtfoot1976
  • Options

Hi @LOULIGHTFOOT1976 , it’s been a while. Hope you have been well and are staying safe.
    You can certainly post a request on the DNA team thread for your fairground.
    Just click on the link below and fill up the build request form,
    The form can be found on page 1 of the thread 😀

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976481/d-n-a-request-team-s3-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you#
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    QUERIES / WIP SCREENSHOTS REGARDING CURRENT BUILD

Free items from the store here.

Questions

June 29

Thanks very much for the additional info @Blythelyre . The kids are sure growing up quickly 🌼

Sure... a music room can be added. I can make it a separate space of its own with seating and the grand piano.

If you would like other instruments as well, I could also add a band stage in the basement. There could other activities down there including the ping pong table, bar, TV etc. so it could be a great casual hangout.

Also... for the outdoors, did you need parking? pool? pond? BBQ? or any feature areas?

Hi hi hi! For the music room: It depends on the layout and decor of the house, I think. If it's a bit more posh, then a separate room makes sense but if it's more casual and has knickknacks, then having it in the basement works too. I'm leaning more towards the band stage, myself. I like the idea of there being an activity room/space for the kids. The house they are in now definitely is too small for them and there is no room for skill building. (They know they are moving soon so they haven't bothered hehehe.)

Outdoors...hmmm... Well there will be a garden, so maybe a small shed where Val can plant delicate seeds in pots and use the that store item that lets you analyze the seeds, this thing. They own a car so yes to parking and a pond for the fish that Val catches would be great! (Can you put caught fish back into a pond??) Perhaps something athletic out there can round it out. The basketball hoop attached the the garage maybe? If possible, a treehouse. Not sure if that goes with the aesthetics of the home though... We don't want the Home Owners Association coming after us!

I'm also okay with anything extra you want to add. Both Lillie and Val like to cook and everyone helps in the garden, as it's their main source of income. Lillie has been thinking of getting a gem cutter but it makes too much noise to be kept in the house, so she might squeeze that into Val's shed.

And the latest photo:
    f58f99f88a7c0cff943640601c4c041636bd4c7d.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    O my @Blythelyre , your family is getting even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Will you be taking aging off until they move in? 😀

It seems you can indeed stock a pond with fish once you have 10 of the same kind.

I've a couple of screenshots on page 1 for your thoughts :)
  • Options
    O my @Blythelyre , your family is getting even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Will you be taking aging off until they move in? 😀

It seems you can indeed stock a pond with fish once you have 10 of the same kind.

I've a couple of screenshots on page 1 for your thoughts :)

Oh yes! I only went in game to look up their traits and take an updated picture, didn't even save it lol. This save is now on hiatus until it's time to move! The next time you see them will be in their new home.
  • Options
    QUERIES / WIP SCREENSHOTS REGARDING CURRENT BUILD

Free items from the store here.

Questions

July 3/20

@Blythelyre ,
    Ok we’re at the cross-roads so its decision time lol. With the inclusion of the SwiftGrow station, garden space, shed and basketball in the current 40x30, the yard is pretty full. I used the garage space for the shed so you could still see the river from the kitchen window but there is space for open parking. If I add a small stand alone shed it would take more space from the garden. There is room in the basement for the gem cutting station as an option if you would like the shed converted back to a garage / open carport... or I could just put the station in the garage. I'm not sure how large an outdoor garden you need since you would also have the swiftgrow greenhouse as well as 8+ plant pots in the animal sanctuary for indoor planting. I could pare back the patio to get more garden / pond space.

Option B is to move up to the 50x50 across the river which provides more yard space as well as a garage. Could potentially have a hot tub on either patio. Both options overlook the river.

Modified WIP screenshots below to help you visualize the difference. Stick with A or move up to B... preference?

Edit! The left boundary for option B extends just past the pond so pls ignore the left border line.

Let's see. I definitely like the larger garden since that is their primary source of income and I like the placement of the basketball hoop on lot B better. Yes, let's move up a size. (They are going to have to put in overtime to afford this LOL) One of the kids hates the outdoors so they won't do a lot of bbqs in the backyard but a grill on the patio for hot dogs and hamburgers would be nice. Perhaps with no table seating, so they always go inside to eat.

A hot tub for the mamas would be nice and if the larger lot allows, a treehouse, maybe?

Also, I am loving this build! Excited to see the sanctuary and the garden!!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yay, thanks for the quick response @Blythelyre . Perfect timing since I plan to go in game today... need some fun time off from being super busy this week. I can certainly try to work within your budget ... any particular amount in mind?

And yes there is a tree house in the larger lot on the left near the river. I’ve merged it with a regular tree so during play testing will ensure it’s accessible by the kids. There will be space you can add other activities as affordable later on. Final layout tweaks ahead then onto recolouring . I’m assuming you will add your own plants to the garden. Will circle back on this when the time comes. Have enough info to keep me busy for a while. Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    Yay, thanks for the quick response @Blythelyre . Perfect timing since I plan to go in game today... need some fun time off from being super busy this week. I can certainly try to work within your budget ... any particular amount in mind?

And yes there is a tree house in the larger lot on the left near the river. I’ve merged it with a regular tree so during play testing will ensure it’s accessible by the kids. There will be space you can add other activities as affordable later on. Final layout tweaks ahead then onto recolouring . I’m assuming you will add your own plants to the garden. Will circle back on this when the time comes. Have enough info to keep me busy for a while. Have a great weekend!

No need to worry about budget! I'm just creating a storyline in my head. And yes, they'll put some seeds in their personal inventories when it's time to move.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Blythelyre , just circling back to say I’ve been making good progress with your home. Pretty much have all the furniture on the ground and second floors in place, but the recolouring I’m currently doing does take me a super long time 😉

If at any point you would like to see a WIP of any area just let me know... otherwise I’ll assume you prefer to be surprised at the end 😀

Edit! Forgot to ask... do you want a laundryroom?
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    Hi @Blythelyre , just circling back to say I’ve been making good progress with your home. Pretty much have all the furniture on the ground and second floors in place, but the recolouring I’m currently doing does take me a super long time 😉

If at any point you would like to see a WIP of any area just let me know... otherwise I’ll assume you prefer to be surprised at the end 😀

Edit! Forgot to ask... do you want a laundryroom?

OMG SHOW ME!!! I would love to see WIPs, please. And no, a laundry room isn't necessary. (I can't stand doing it IRL, let alone ingame lol)
  • Options

Hi @Blythelyre , I've posted some WIPs for your thoughts on page 1 :smile:
  • Options
    It looks STUNNING! I love the way you've used the color and plants. The sanctuary is probably going to be my favorite room! What are those lights that you used in there? I don't think I've ever seen them before, they are gorgeous.

As for the lighting, I have a lighting mod installed in my game, so I wouldn't worry too much about the tint, I don't think that will be an issue.

It looks beautiful. I really love the hints of color that show that real people live there and it's not just a showcase house but it still has that elegance that I think is Val's decorating style. And the sanctuary looks very lived in and like where the two women spend most of their time. It's so full of life!

I can already see the twins running around playing tag while Lillie feeds her pets and Val waters her plants. Teagan is in her teenage phase and probably out sunbathing in the garden or at the park with friends.

(I get a little carried away sometimes lol)

It's looking great!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yay happy I’m in sync with your vision @Blythelyre . To continue on the right track, is the lime you are wanting the green as shown in the codes here, or do you have a different green you prefer?

Also... do the parents grow grapes and make their own wine? Just wondering if you needed a grape press and / or a wine room in the basement.

Edit! Added a WIP of Teagan's room on page 1 for your thoughts. I've also completed the other areas on the main and second floors except for 2 bathrooms so moving nicely along :smile:
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    Yay happy I’m in sync with your vision @Blythelyre . To continue on the right track, is the lime you are wanting the green as shown in the codes here, or do you have a different green you prefer?

Also... do the parents grow grapes and make their own wine? Just wondering if you needed a grape press and / or a wine room in the basement.

Edit! Added a WIP of Teagan's room on page 1 for your thoughts. I've also completed the other areas on the main and second floors except for 2 bathrooms so moving nicely along :smile:

:o I didn't even know that color chart existed! I've struggled for so long!!! And yes, that's the lime... LOL

No, no grapes. They grow and sell. They probably should live on a farm, now that I think about it but Lillie is not about the country life! And I like the bed but maybe the curtain and chair can be blue or another color that matches the blanket? The actual layout is nice!