Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE BACHELOR - Who Will Reuben Choose?

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @abelhinha35 you should have entered i am tree since thats a artisitc editing comp. (you still can if you want, you just have to catch up two rounds)
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited July 2020
    xJojox wrote: »
    @abelhinha35 you should have entered i am tree since thats a artisitc editing comp. (you still can if you want, you just have to catch up two rounds)

I was considering it, but my weeks are to busy and the bachelor takes up all my spare time. I will definitely enter season two
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    i think i'm the hoe of the competition loooooollolol

lol :D
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2020
    Round 5 - Melody

I was lucky enough to find the best opera theatre by @Simforfun that allowed me to take all the shots I needed for this round in the one place. I can't thank you enough, @simforfun. I wasn't sure how I could portray the opera happening in the background, but it worked out in the end, but I needed to blur the performance to bring Reuben and Mel into focus.

"We couldn't have picked a more perfect way to spend the evening at the opera, Reuben."
    "I know, all the adventures I've had along the way have been wonderful, but I'm a city boy at heart and love this sort of entertainment. I'm just so glad you appreciate it as well, Mel."
    "We are used to these pleasures, growing up the way we did and I count myself lucky that I had the opportunity to be able to endulge in these cultural experiences. A lot of people don't have those opportunities."
    "That is very true. The cuddling while we watch is an added bonus though." Reuben smiled as he put his arm around me.
    "Yes, that is one of the perks in having our own booth," I chuckled.

xA0bMFk.jpg
    After the opera was over, we went downstairs to the dining room and ordered our meals and a bottle of their best champagne.
    The waiter opened the bottle and poured us a glass each.
    "We may as well have the best, hey, Mel?"
    "But of course. Let's endulge while we can, we are in the right place."
    "Oh, Garcon you can leave the bottle, thank you."
    Reuben and I chatted about many things, his career aspirations, the future and my goals in life also. We felt totally relaxed with each other.

pmUO97v.jpg
    "Ooh lets have a toast, Mel...to us...may we enjoy a long night of culture, food, wine and the best company anyone could wish for."
    "Agreed, cheers! The food has arrived and it looks wonderful and I'm hungry."
    "As am I." He looked up at me, raised one eyebrow and winked.
    I laughed. "I'm as hungry as a horse and salmon is my favourite."

ES2EhOK.jpg
    After dinner we went to the piano room and I decided to give the ivories a tinkle.
    "Whoa! Mel, I didn't know you played."
    "You are teasing aren't you? Don't all genteel, refined ladies learn to play the piano," I laughed. "More like we don't have a choice."
    "Genteel? Well-bred for sure but I wouldn't call you genteel, Melly," Rueben and I roared with laughter which resounded around the room and a few shooshes followed by people around us.
    "Shh...we can't upset the high-brows," I whispered chuckling.
    "Oh no, that wouldn't be polite."
    We both sniggered.

DLtTOZN.jpg
    I continued to play while Reuben rested his head on my shoulder and I felt his warm hand on my back. My whole body warmed at his touch. The hired pianist then arrived and we had to move off.

RWd64RS.jpg
    Reuben put on his most suave voice and bowed. "Would you accompany me for a dance, Madam?"
    "It would be a pleasure, young man," I curtsied and replied in the same way. We both smiled.
    "You look stunning tonight, Mel. I mean you always do, but you look particularly beautiful tonight."
    "Thank you. So do you, Reuben, I've always loved white suits."
    "I'm serious, you do look gorgeous tonight."
    "So was I," I replied. "I really do love white suits and who is in it makes it even more appealing." For the first time, I saw Reuben's face flush slightly.

lwLDnpp.jpg
    "You know that we have the "Fantasy Suite" booked for us tonight, don't you?"
    "Er...yes."
    "How do you feel about that?"
    I put my arms around Rueben and moved closer to him.
    "You know I say exactly what is on my mind, so here goes...I am sure I've fallen in love with you, Reuben, and I've wanted you for weeks, but I don't want to put you in that position, unless you want that next step as much as I do. It's a step we both need to be committed to and follow through all the way."
    "I know how you feel, so thank you for being so honest with me, Mel and I feel I could stay here all night with you."

vbikYjj.jpg
    "So let's do that, this place is open for a second opera later in the night, do you want to stay?" I asked.
    "If I'm with you, I will stay here for ever if that is what it takes," Reuben replied.
    With that comment, Reuben leaned over and kissed me. The kiss was more tender than any before tonight.

c3yFjCD.jpg

Producer's Questions to follow...

Producer question 1: Why or why not choose to spend the night?
    "I think that is an intimate step that we both have to be committed to, well that is how I feel and it seems what Reuben feels also, so I think I made the right decision, even though I would have loved to spend the night with him, we are in a competition and the way Reuben is, I think we should respect his values."

Producer question 2: Dating is a tricky game with a lot of emotions. How do you feel Reuben spending the night with other women? Does the fantasy room change things?
    I think if he chooses to sleep with any of the other girls, I hope it won't change things between us, but at the same time, if we become a couple those sort of misnomer's will need to be discussed to clear the air between us.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    edited July 2020
    Round 5 - Ivy

"With our date in the city, I had to google what to do. I have never stepped foot into it before," I said giggling. "But, knowing you're a creative soul was definitely a good place to start!"
    "Well then Ivy, it'll be beautiful to see the city through someone else eyes that hasn't been here. What do you have in store for me?"
    "We are going to the art quarter, and that's all you get!"

Round5-Walking.png

We walked along, looking at all the little shops, and decided to grab some street food for dinner as per my request.
    "It fascinates me that you get these little stalls everywhere in the city! So much better than fast food, and also so cool!"
    Reuben laughed at my naivety and wonder of our surroundings.

Round5-Dinner.png

"Come on Ivy, I want to show the view. Seeing as you haven't been here before, we have to do that before we do your next part of your date."

We climbed the stairs on the side of the building up four flights to end up on the roof of one of the buildings in the art quarter.
    "WOW! This is unbelievable!" I said, staring at the million little lights around and above us. The mix of stars and the city lights was just magical!
    "Do you like it?" He asked.
    "Yes! It's even better than I imagined!"
    "I like your enthusiasm about the small things in life! Do you think you could live in the city?"
    "Well, it's really wonderful. I could definitely see myself here!" I said.
    He kissed me, and I could've ended our evening right there. It was perfect!

Round5-Kiss.png

"Welcome to your date!" I said, extending my arms.
    We were in a tiny art shop that offered painting classes.
    "This is great! I actually can't remember the last time I painted with work always in the way," he said.
    "I love painting. I find it so relaxing, so I make time at least once a week. Today though, we are doing something really basic. A flower and a ladybug. Think you can handle that?" I teased.
    "I said it's been a while, not never," he teased back.

Round5-Painting.png

After 2 hours, we collapsed on the floor. Painting and chatting was surprisingly more tiring than we imagined.
    He held me in his arms, and our conversation grew a bit deeper than the light hearted chat that came with the painting. It was so easy being with him.

Round5-Sitting.png

"You know what I did notice? We did surprisingly well by not getting any paint on us tonight," Reuben said.
    "Yeah, I noticed that too. Hmmm, that's not the way it's supposed to go," I said, grabbing the paint brush and flicking paint at him.
    "Oh really? You wanna play that game?" he said, laughing. He grabbed paint and flicked it back at me.
    We laughed and suddenly it got out of hand, paint flying everywhere.

Round5-Close-up.png

"So I know we have the option of staying over tonight in the city, but I am not really someone who would do that without being in a serious relationship first. And I have a feeling you're not exactly the mess around type," I said.
    "You're right Ivy, I think it'll be a ton more special to wait for if we end up together."

QUESTION 1: "I grew up quite conservatively, and it's honestly just not in my nature. Maybe he will respect me more, maybe not. But that wasn't the reason. I just want it to mean more, and not have thoughts of the other contestants in my head."

QUESTION 2: "He's quite the gentleman though, so it would surprise me if he slept with anyone in the fantasy room. But obviously there are some gorgeous women here, so if he does then I guess that's just the way it goes. I knew what I was getting myself into by entering this competition."
    Post edited by CazzTregurtha on
  • JennaCatzJennaCatz Posts: 760 Member
    edited July 2020
    Round 5 - Brielle

I was expecting Rueben to come pick me up from my house because I had planned a date so we could possibly get to know each other a little better. I heard my doorbell ring, and I rushed to the door to find Rueben smiling at me.

"Hello Brielle, how are you today?" He asked
    "I'm great, thank you. How are you?"
    "I'm doing much better now that I've seen your beautiful face. What brings me here today?" He quizzed.
    "So today I wanted you to meet some of my family. I love them to pieces and I'm hoping that you'll love them too." I answered.

Rueben's eyes widened a little.

"Oh! I didn't realise that I was meeting your family so soon, I would have bought gifts." He said in a surprised tone.
    "Oh don't worry too much, they'll be excited just at the sight of you! If you could just wait right here, I'll go and get them."
    "Okay, that's fine" He said.

I stepped back inside and gathered my two dogs. They followed by my side back to where Rueben was waiting on the front porch. When he peeked back inside, his expression changed into a wide grin. He was chuckling. When both dogs saw Rueben, they darted down the hallway to greet him, nearly knocking the door down and taking Rueben down with them.

"When you said family, I thought you meant your parents or siblings, haha!" He laughed as the dogs demanded pats from him
    "No, not today. For now you get to meet my dogs, this is Delilah and Tiger. They are my fur babies!" I exclaimed.

qD8v2i5.png

After Rueben and my dogs had gotten acquainted, I asked Rueben if he'd like to go to the dog park and let them run around. He replied with a smile and said 'yes of course'. I grabbed their leashes and leashed them and off we went.

A few houses down, we found ourselves talking about our families.

"So, what about your family Brielle? Who am I expecting to meet when the time comes?" He asked.
    "Well, you'll definitely be meeting my mum and dad and I have three other siblings, my twin brother and my two sisters. My family and I are very close."

wAOcoBm.png

We had arrived at the dog park and found a sunny spot and watched my dogs run around.

"Do you have any pets at home Rueben?" I asked.
    "Haha, definitely not. I couldn't even keep a fish alive if I tried! Life for me is too busy to provide the necessary care and love for an animal, unfortunately."

xAsJ8hW.png

After talking and sitting in the warm sun for awhile, we were seeking a shady spot to sit. I spotted a swing set just outside the dog park so we could still see them. We walked hand in hand to the swings,

"Would you push me?" I giggled.
    "Sure I will. Only if you promise to push me after" He smiled.

TYbG6UO.png

We had both had our turns swinging each other, and Rueben decided to swing himself while standing.

ZnWOxCk.png

All of a sudden, I heard a loud crack and before I could react, Rueben was on the floor laughing his head off. I could only laugh with him because the sight of seeing him on the ground and the swing seat completely snapped in half cracked me up.

31LrLJu.png

"Are you okay?" I asked him, still laughing.
    "Haha, yeah. I'm alright." He said, dusting himself off.

I helped him up off the ground as he once did for me. He thanked me and I wrapped my arm around him, we both were still giggling about what had just happened.

"Look at you being a rebel! Breaking children's outdoor equipment, what a scandal!" I laughed.

rA23aNn.png

After we had walked back to my house, we stopped at my doorstep.

"So Brielle, I actually wanted to ask you something. The producers of The Bachelor have introduced something called the fantasy room, it's where we can spend a night together. I was wondering if you would like to join me tonight at a hotel in the city?" He asked.

"As much as I'd love to, I don't think I'm quite ready for that step yet. There's still so much we don't know about each other and I'd love to get to know more about you before we reach that step in our relationship. I hope that's okay with you."
    "Oh, of course it is. This decision was yours to make, I was only going to go through with it if you were happy to, I'm definitely not going to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you aren't ready for that, then I respect that. He said.

WYRcmAi.png

I felt like I could trust him on a much more deeper level just from him saying that.

"Well, I best be off. Thank you for this lovely date, and it was such a pleasure meeting your furry little family!" He said.
    "I had a great time with you today, and I think my dogs look forward to seeing you again." I mentioned.
    "I look forward to seeing you again, Brielle." He whispered as he took me into his arms and kissed me passionately.

e1bzIaN.png

He took my hand as he started to back away and let go of it when he got too far away. I stepped back inside. I felt confused as to whether I made the wrong decision about the fantasy room. I pondered whether he was ready to take that step in our relationship and whether I wanted it right now.

2ittena.png

I then had a change of heart almost immediately after thinking it through and opened the door to tell him that I wanted to go, but by then, he was already gone...

VJGa7mb.png

Ughhh.... Why couldn't I have said yes in the first place?

Producer Question 1: Why or why did you not choose to spend the night?
    I was a little unsure if we were ready to take that step at first, but after a little thinking I decided to go through with it, however he had already left. I might have missed an opportunity there.

Producer Question 2: Dating is a tricky game with a lot of emotions. How do you feel about Rueben spending the night with other women? Does the fantasy room change things?
    I feel a little insecure about it actually. Knowing that he might have spent the night with other women makes it feel like they've got the upper hand with Rueben and I have less of a chance because he might see it as 'I'm just not ready'. It's actually quite nerve wracking, especially when I feel strong emotions with him and definitely wanting to see him in my future...
    Post edited by JennaCatz on
    nenKuBE.gif
    comments for 5 will be up today, round 6 is posted
    @xJojox

Oh rats! LOL, I could have used the dress Melody is wearing in the last one, but there are plenty more beautiful gowns around. ;)

@Jendowoz0612 the search is on. Your first to read the round... think about how you wanna play it for some good ideas :)
  • CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    xJojox wrote: »

Oooooo, plot twist!

• Storiessims4Storiessims4 Posts: 260 Member
    @xJojox we have to choose the same suit for Reuben on the round 6 What do you think ?
    edited July 2020
    Maybe not the same suit, @Storiessims4 Some of us may like to dress him in a suit that compliments what gown we put our bachelorettes in, but it would be good to have the same background for the initial entrance into the masquerade hall or place. I've sent a message to Jojo so she'll decide what is best for us all, I'm sure or she will leave it up to us. :)
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

@Storiessims4 @Jendowoz0612 @JennaCatz @abelhinha35 @CazzTregurtha

I am currently finding a lot for you guys to use and and outfit.
    Also if you choose to use each other you can either exchange sims between yourselves OR photo other girls from the back if you wish.
    Maybe not the same suit, @Storiessims4 Some of us may like to dress him in a suit that compliments what gown we put our bachelorettes in, but it would be good to have the same background for the initial entrance into the masquerade hall or place. I've sent a message to Jojo so she'll decide what is best for us all, I'm sure or she will leave it up to us. :)

a bit weird if we have the same background if he not have the same outfit. that was just a idea
    we are in the same place at the same time i found that strange to have a lot of different outfit for Reuben but ok. I'm gonna start mine today ;)
    edited July 2020
    @Storiessims4 @Jendowoz0612 @JennaCatz @abelhinha35 @CazzTregurtha

On the gallery i have found a place called the red velvet ballroom. Now this lot has been uploaded by someone else, but there should be another one posted by me that i edited slightly so it has a dancing area. If you could all download it and place it in your games soon so i can delete the duplicate off the gallery. Please let me know if you get it, and have it in your games before i do. The original is by Sterotheram91 but there is another copy by joannebernice (thats me). Its possibly the only venue i could find with what we needed for this task and it's base game for those who don't own all the packs. I don't mind if you edit this lot slightly to fit your needs.
    edited July 2020
    exgcQut.png

Dress Reuben in this base game suit. The jacket is found in tops And the pants are found in pants. This is not a full body outfit.
    The mask i found, edited and placed the link in the round post on the first page :) You find this mask in the BLUSH category so it doesn't change Reuben's eyes. If it doesn't show up, cancel out the masculine option to reveal it.
    we are in the same place at the same time i found that strange to have a lot of different outfit for Reuben but ok. I'm gonna start mine today ;)

Yes that's true, so what Jojo has done will use both our ideas, so that is great! :)

edited July 2020
    @Storiessims4 i hope you find all the links ok. The house, mask and the suit in game.

@Jendowoz0612 did u find the house?