March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Realism" Toggle

AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'd really like it if I could play my game occult style without a bunch of allegedly realistic things cluttering up my life >.>

It would be nice if there was a toggle to get rid of the "realistic" stuff that bothers me >.> like having my medieval occult sims randomly pulling out cellphones, or literally anyone doing so for that matter.

Also I'd like to be rid of cars altogether, even the ones that are just there for looks to make streets seem more populated in some places

Also I'd like to be able to write in books instead of on a computer

Also I'd like to be rid of all the modern clothing that sims randomly wear

Also I'd like it if vampires would break in to peoples houses to feed at night and I want spellcasters that curse people, ghosts that terrorize people, aliens that abduct people and mermaids that enchant and drown people >.> sulani sims that summon fireballs from the sky and people with lightning powers, also plant sims that stay plant sims and a grim reaper without a tablet...

>.> if I wanted a real life simulator I'd go outside.

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    I'd really like it if I could play my game occult style without a bunch of allegedly realistic things cluttering up my life >.>

It would be nice if there was a toggle to get rid of the "realistic" stuff that bothers me >.> like having my medieval occult sims randomly pulling out cellphones, or literally anyone doing so for that matter.

Also I'd like to be rid of cars altogether, even the ones that are just there for looks to make streets seem more populated in some places

Also I'd like to be able to write in books instead of on a computer

Also I'd like to be rid of all the modern clothing that sims randomly wear

Also I'd like it if vampires would break in to peoples houses to feed at night and I want spellcasters that curse people, ghosts that terrorize people, aliens that abduct people and mermaids that enchant and drown people >.> sulani sims that summon fireballs from the sky and people with lightning powers, also plant sims that stay plant sims and a grim reaper without a tablet...

>.> if I wanted a real life simulator I'd go outside.

I feel this. I feel it in the deep abyss of my blackened soul.
    #Team Occult
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited June 2020
    There needs to be more than one toggle.

It'd be nice to have the option of a fantasy world, with no phones, no cars, owls delivering the mail...
    It'd be nice to toggle off the fantasy, and phones, and cars, and tvs, computers, stereos, and all other electric modern convenience.
    It'd be nice to be able to just toggle off the fantasy aspects.

More on/off toggles for more things, means more player control, more ability to make the game suited to how each of us want to play each save.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    The most important thing for toggles is that it should be per save. Sometimes I want my sims to live in the modern world, sometimes they live in a historical world. Sometimes there are supernatural creatures and sometimes there are not.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    People who hate occult and anything fantasy, who want 100% realism, would also benefit from a toggle for that, and yes, each save should be able to be different on that.

The toggle could be fantasy/occult on or off, and modern devices on or off.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Would love to see that too. Espacially while living off the grid, then i could delete the internet cafe in sulani.

World traits as an option, where you could toggle all of that in would be much appreciated.

Also Sims staying in their one world and rarely make a visit... that would be great. When a visit then only on public lots and with maybe tourist clothes. It means more random Sims but oh well.

Sometimes i just want to populate Strangerville with Aliens only, or san myshuno with Vampires. I dont want to see 5stars celebrity walking at the trailer park area or in the suburban houses area. Or the Feng Wife walking with her modern san myshuno clothes. It looks out of place.

The worlds would feel so much more immersive.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm surprised that Sims 4 doesn't have the toggles cause Sims 3 has it.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'd very much welcome a toggle if it meant that occult sim shenanigans would no longer be toned down. Still waiting for vampires to break in every hour like some simmers claim they do btw.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Having CAW would solve many of my issues oh how I would love to be able to change the roads from pavement to dirt and disable cell phones seeing as this game does not have cars I see no point in pretending our Sims live in a modern world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I love the toggled idea. But I'd like to set it for each neighborhood. So my aliens stay in one world. Vampires in the other. If I wish. Kind of how city skylines has laws for each district. Maybe a few different levels. Only vampires. No vampires. Occasional vampires. For example.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    If you don't mind that sims aren't actually writing stories, they can write in books with the journals (and relieve memories after.. journals can be customized in build buy) but yeah I agree with you and don't play occults but I'd love to disable phones and get rid of modern clothes and etc
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Being able to write in a notebook would mean the world to me!!

We already have the animations from teens writing in journals.

One object just for writing letters and books. No playing computer games, no trolling forums or watching funny clips.

I have a huge collection of pretty notebooks for writing at home. Wish my sims could write by hand too.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    Would love to see that too. Espacially while living off the grid, then i could delete the internet cafe in sulani.

World traits as an option, where you could toggle all of that in would be much appreciated.

Also Sims staying in their one world and rarely make a visit... that would be great. When a visit then only on public lots and with maybe tourist clothes. It means more random Sims but oh well.

Sometimes i just want to populate Strangerville with Aliens only, or san myshuno with Vampires. I dont want to see 5stars celebrity walking at the trailer park area or in the suburban houses area. Or the Feng Wife walking with her modern san myshuno clothes. It looks out of place.

The worlds would feel so much more immersive.

How I feel
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Being able to write in a notebook would mean the world to me!!

We already have the animations from teens writing in journals.

One object just for writing letters and books. No playing computer games, no trolling forums or watching funny clips.

I have a huge collection of pretty notebooks for writing at home. Wish my sims could write by hand too.

How about a typewriter?
    t0j4i8.jpg