Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive disappointment with craft brewing

I thought I would be able to mix different fruits but they all have to be the same... it is not even a smidge of the depth of nectar brewing from TS3. As always, TS4 disappoints

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yeah i'ld prefer nectar making with all it's depht...
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Me, too. What a shame the teams couldn't add more to the whole fabricating portion of the game. The freelance career has turned into a snooze fest when there are no new gigs to be had. The only options we have seem to be which colors we use for the furniture. But I think that could change once the modding community becomes involved. My Master Crafters don't last long as freelancers. How many times can we do floor lamps and beds? And the fizzy drinks? I would have enjoyed more options and the ability to create our own unique recipes also.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Sad that it seems like there is no challenge. In Sims 3 you even have to put the bottles in the basement so the quality increases.

I wish you could just throw all of it in a mini smoothie blender. I mean why this big of an object?!.

I also saw that there is no interaction for ''drink the juice together''
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    Sad that it seems like there is no challenge. In Sims 3 you even have to put the bottles in the basement so the quality increases.

I wish you could just throw all of it in a mini smoothie blender. I mean why this big of an object?!.

I loved the process of making the nectar old in sims 3. It was great for storytelling.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    agreed. My pre eco-living dreams of making fizzy drinks of cherry lemonade, pomegranate blackberry, and coconut raspberry were dashed when I realized...one fruit at a time.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited June 2020

Not just that but everything from the quality of ingredients, the actual combination you chose, the sims’ skill, the aging time of the finished nectar mattered and the results had so many variations I still see new things today. New moodlets, crazy variation in price. I know they shifted their demographic to a younger crowd but this game was not made for teens it was made for 9 year olds.

• KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I was thinking this too! I was hoping to be able to make berry concoctions or something tropical, like mixing plantains with pears or something...But alas, its base level like most things we get with this iteration. Looks pretty packaged in its bottle, though. I feel like that's their main goal with content they push out...Make it look "pretty"... :|
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    All the crafting with eco living is very disappointed, the candles (with the god awful just standing no doing anything, the thin candles I do not mind)...but the soda fizzing and other stuff :( Just....very disappointing.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm confused as to why my Sims can load the fizzer machine, start the fizzing process then walk away and do something else, but they are forced to stand and watch a molded candle until it can be carved. Who does that in RL? So I have my Sims load and start the fizzing process then start a carved candle. The fizzing usually takes a little less time than it does to complete a candle, and my Sims are able to complete two things at once. If I'm really pushing to complete more juice and candles, I'll have my Sim stop working on the candle, reload the fizzer and then finish the candle. But if you're making seltzer that takes longer, you can get through about one and a half candles in that amount of time. I did make the mistake of placing completed candles on some shelves aaaand had auto lights enabled for the crafting room. So imagine my shock and horror when I discovered every candle I had made had been burning while my Sim was in the craft room, and all that was left were little lumps of wax on those shelves. My Sim was one candle away from completing my personal challenge of creating five of each of the scented ones, too. I had hoped to have a yard sale with those candles, so I was a bit bummed when I had to start all over. But there is so much money to be made with the fizzy juice, I have to be careful about which ingredients I use or I end up donating to charity every day just to keep my Sims from becoming too wealthy. I have to say, I am having a lot of fun with trying out these juices and candles on dinner guests. I threw a pool party, lit a couple of rose scented candles, set out some rose flavored kumbacha, and things got very interesting very quickly. Let's just say the Langraab and the Pancake families have some serious issues now. I might have some issues with how the crafting was done in EL, but I can't deny the fizzy juices and scented candles do come in handy when setting the right mood for parties.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2020
    I was also very disappointed when I realized that you can't mix different produce. Like, why? What is the point of that massive machine if it's basically a smoothie that goes through a Soda Stream? I'd much rather just have two separate counter-top appliances to make smoothies and carbonated drinks. "Fizzy juice" should not be marketed as craft beer if it doesn't have anything in common with beer. It doesn't even contain barley/wheat/hops. No teenager will suddenly be traumatized if they have to put barley into a "craft beer" machine - the age rating is just an excuse to slack off from expanding/implementing features. They should really update fizzy juice making to allow different combinations of produce, and maybe update seltzers to have to include wheat or something. Even just being able to combine two different fruits/veg would expand the options greatly. And if they really want each bottle to have a unique label, they can just copy and paste the fruit/veg icons from the current bottles onto a green or purple background. No need for extensively unique bottles.

I really miss nectar making. TS4 has so much produce, so it would be perfect to make unique and exciting combinations. TS4 has so many flowers and herbs, but almost nothing to do with them - when can we make soaps, bath salts and perfumes? We have multitudes of metals, crystals and gems, but why can't we make jewelry, iron welting, inventions etc with them? I really wish the devs would give us more hobbies and crafts that use the collectables we can find. I don't consider collecting things just to display them fun. Give us more things that expand on and utilize already-existing systems. And don't make them as one-dimensional as this. Let us be able to make custom combinations of AT LEAST two or three items.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I was also very disappointed when I realized that you can't mix different produce. Like, why? What is the point of that massive machine if it's basically a smoothie that goes through a Soda Stream? I'd much rather just have two separate counter-top appliances to make smoothies and carbonated drinks. "Fizzy juice" should not be marketed as craft beer if it doesn't have anything in common with beer. It doesn't even contain barley/wheat/hops. No teenager will suddenly be traumatized if they have to put barley into a "craft beer" machine - the age rating is just an excuse to slack off from expanding/implementing features. They should really update fizzy juice making to allow different combinations of produce, and maybe update seltzers to have to include wheat or something. Even just being able to combine two different fruits/veg would expand the options greatly. And if they really want each bottle to have a unique label, they can just copy and paste the fruit/veg icons from the current bottles onto a green or purple background. No need for extensively unique bottles.

I really miss nectar making. TS4 has so much produce, so it would be perfect to make unique and exciting combinations. TS4 has so many flowers and herbs, but almost nothing to do with them - when can we make soaps, bath salts and perfumes? We have multitudes of metals, crystals and gems, but why can't we make jewelry, iron welting, inventions etc with them? I really wish the devs would give us more hobbies and crafts that use the collectables we can find. I don't consider collecting things just to display them fun. Give us more things that expand on and utilize already-existing systems. And don't make them as one-dimensional as this. Let us be able to make custom combinations of AT LEAST two or three items.

It would be wonderful to be able to make jewelry from all the gems and metals we find, and use the flowers and herbs to create perfume, soap and bath salts.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I like crafted stuff in this pack. Looking forward to the votes stuff pack and the next gp
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited July 2020

In the basement to increase quality?. I used to use the racks to do that.

I do miss nectar marking and all the variety in what fruit to use.

The stuff I wish we could make

Canning , fruit and, pickled stuff ,jams
    Nectar
    Smoothes
    Perfumes and soaps.

Post edited by marcel21 on

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @marcel21 I'd love to have canning officially in game -- there's CC available for that but I'm holding off on CC until I know there'll be no more patches (if I live that long... :D ) Jams/jellies for the fruits, and pickled vegetables for the veggies (maybe make tomato sauce out of the tomatoes). Then you could use them in recipes in place of fresh ones to lower the cost. and they could be sold in a shop (GTW) or on a sales table (CL, JA).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I would love to have canning. At first I thought canning might be in Eco Lifestyle, because I didn't realize it was actually kombucha in the little jars. I was pretty disappointed about that. I was also disappointed the fizzy juices cannot have combined ingredients. What a missed opportunity! If we can't have that, I hope we can have nectar making back. I really enjoyed creating all the combinations and storing them to increase their quality. I also want our sims to be able to create more crafts, like jewelry, soap or perfume, goods made from sewing, etc. Maybe then I'd actually open a little retail shop (the one feature of Get to Work I've never done) and have my sim sell their crafted wares.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Can we hope that canning is reserved a future Farming pack? And Nectar making might be next if it's true that we are "going to Paris"?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    I thought I heard them say that combinations were possible during the livestream for Eco Living
    @marcel21 I'd love to have canning officially in game -- there's CC available for that but I'm holding off on CC until I know there'll be no more patches (if I live that long... :D ) Jams/jellies for the fruits, and pickled vegetables for the veggies (maybe make tomato sauce out of the tomatoes). Then you could use them in recipes in place of fresh ones to lower the cost. and they could be sold in a shop (GTW) or on a sales table (CL, JA).

all sounds great
    me to. yes canning and even candle making mods are great.
    Hoping for official canning gameplay for the sims 4.
    yes jam/jellies for other recipes
    soups
    stews
    to.

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Well y’all voted for this lame pack lol
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    Well y’all voted for this lame pack lol
    I did , like it a lot .
    hopefully they do farming with animals in the future.
    which I think will go great with seasons and Eco lifestyle

Post edited by marcel21 on