Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Leak?!?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    There’s great scope for cars. The reason all those cyclists are cycling on the footpath is because playable cars will need that bit of road sooner or later. I think it’s relatively easy to re-tune the fx cars and make them appear less random and less often.

‘Garages’ only need to be doors with a footprint as big as a car, so it can be driven inside of the build. Car Mechanics, lessons and Racing are all possible game play elements. And there’s a multitude of things that can be done out- and inside the car, like cleaning the dashboard and such... o:)

Kleptomaniacs should be able to steal a car and go for a Joyride, although maybe that’s a no go for a Teen rated game.
    In any case, there may be special lots, lot traits or an additional ‘road world’ ( like the swimmable ocean in IL) to move your Sim’s car around.

Personally I’d chose cars over liberated babies. I’m not sure which will come first, but I believe they’ll all be added eventually.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There’s great scope for cars. The reason all those cyclists are cycling on the footpath is because playable cars will need that bit of road sooner or later. I think it’s relatively easy to re-tune the fx cars and make them appear less random and less often.

‘Garages’ only need to be doors with a footprint as big as a car, so it can be driven inside of the build. Car Mechanics, lessons and Racing are all possible game play elements. And there’s a multitude of things that can be done out- and inside the car, like cleaning the dashboard and such... o:)

Kleptomaniacs should be able to steal a car and go for a Joyride, although maybe that’s a no go for a Teen rated game.
    In any case, there may be special lots, lot traits or an additional ‘road world’ ( like the swimmable ocean in IL) to move your Sim’s car around.

Personally I’d chose cars over liberated babies. I’m not sure which will come first, but I believe they’ll all be added eventually.

I definitely agree with wanting vehicles over liberated babies. I think they could get creative with gameplay associated with vehicles and I definitely feel they will come eventually. They changed the traveling icon to a car at some point early last year I believe.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Humbug and Poppycocks.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I definitely agree with wanting vehicles over liberated babies. I think they could get creative with gameplay associated with vehicles and I definitely feel they will come eventually. They changed the traveling icon to a car at some point early last year I believe.

I think their going to come this year or early next. Just a guess.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Hmm I don't know if I want cars that much, I did use them in the Sims 2 but they were more decorative since you had the loading screen and couldn't watch the driving.
    If they do add cars I'm curious to see if they will come up with anything to make them interesting.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Hmm I don't know if I want cars that much, I did use them in the Sims 2 but they were more decorative since you had the loading screen and couldn't watch the driving.
    If they do add cars I'm curious to see if they will come up with anything to make them interesting.

They would be just like the rockets, but instead of taking you to Sixam they would take you to Sulani or Windenburg. As long as they have interactions on them they are not decorative only.
    crocobaura wrote: »

They would be just like the rockets, but instead of taking you to Sixam they would take you to Sulani or Windenburg. As long as they have interactions on them they are not decorative only.

Yeah if they are like the rockets where your sim gets in and then there's a loading screen I don't think cars will be fun.
  • evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    I'd guess with the dense amount of added car-related features like new traffic signals and such they're definitely preparing for a release sooner than later. I think it'd add a nice amount of realism to have my sim drive off the lot when planning to go to a world farther away instead of walking or riding a bike all the way there.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yeah if they are like the rockets where your sim gets in and then there's a loading screen I don't think cars will be fun.

But you'll be able to interact with them while they sit on the driveway.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I am less interested in driving them and more interested in building them and selling them. I want to have a mechanic-sim, if he or she is a driver after that is less important to me.
    Yeah but what interesting gameplay do you think they could even add with the cars? I'm not asking in a mean-spirited way. I just can't think of anything. Maybe you have some ideas that will get me excited 'cause at the moment the idea of my sims entering a car and driving off into a loading screen doesn't excited me much.
    Yeah but what interesting gameplay do you think they could even add with the cars? I'm not asking in a mean-spirited way. I just can't think of anything. Maybe you have some ideas that will get me excited 'cause at the moment the idea of my sims entering a car and driving off into a loading screen doesn't excited me much.
    • Fixer-Upper cars.
    • Mechanics.
    • Open Road World.
    • Open Road/ racing lot.
    • Drive-in cinema.
    • Drive-thru ‘food stand’
    • Stuff folks do in cars.
    • Steal car.
    • Sell cars.
    • Recycle cars.
    • Joyrides.
    • Teach / learn to drive.
    • Eco cars vs industrial cars. Mess up that eco footprint once and for all.
    • RV that serves like a inventory/ tent and can be used as transport of Sims/ bikes boats etc.

Etc. Etc.

In short: Cars. ;)
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Personally I don't see the point of cars in a non-open world. I loved cars in TS3, but in this case, where open worlds are not a possibility, I don't think cars will be of any use.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    Personally I don't see the point of cars in a non-open world. I loved cars in TS3, but in this case, where open worlds are not a possibility, I don't think cars will be of any use.

Sims 2.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Go for Vehicles in The Sims 4!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I want them in an EP. I know the basic will come via patch. But the EP can add:

1. Antique cars and other vehicles gobs of them like in Sims3
    2. Car woohoo
    3. Car wash
    4. Gas station and station attendant
    5. Mechanic shop and job
    6. Campers pulled by them
    7. Drivable camper
    8. Motor cycles
    9. Side by sides
    10. 4 wheelers
    11. Cars for kids to drive
    12. Toddler vehicles like in the stores
    13. Infant, toddler, kid car clothes

We don't need houses.

1. a gas station with playable attendant
    2. a 60x60 lot to sell/buy cars and campers and car salesman job.
    3. Mechanic with mechanic shop lot
    4. Motor cycle and side-by-side shop lot

Our Sims can leave home and go to this hood like they do the city or beach. No one has to live there unless they live over it.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    • Fixer-Upper cars.
    • Drive-in cinema.
    • Steal car
    • Recycle cars
    • Eco cars vs industrial cars. Mess up that eco footprint once and for all

Love the drive-in Cinema idea. <3
    Drive through food stand

Also, forgot OP, there was a car billboard in one of the trailers or something. Can't remember where, just remember a large billboard sign with a car on it.
    edited June 2020
    • Fixer-Upper cars.
    • Mechanics.
    • Open Road World.
    • Open Road/ racing lot.
    • Drive-in cinema.
    • Stuff folks do in cars.
    • Steal car.
    • Sell cars.
    • Recycle cars.
    • Joyrides.
    • Eco cars vs industrial cars. Mess up that eco footprint once and for all.
    • RV that serves like a inventory/ tent and can be used as transport of Sims/ bikes boats etc.

Etc. Etc.

In short: Cars. ;)

But as much as I would love cars added in TS4...

I have yet to see a child ride a simple bicycle in this game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

Gameplay like TS2 had.
    Vehicles should come not only Sim-Owned but also NPCs like Firefighters, Police Men, Maids, Delivery Personnel as well. Car upgrades must also come.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    The Car Feedback thread was started in 2017, the studio is still very silent about this feature.

I hope that means they're working on this project.
    Are the studio team really worked on the project?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

The cars? No one knows. The only “info” we really have on it is that someone said they’re are working on it. But the only reason people trust them is because they leaked some information about Eco lifestyle EP, and I turned out to be true. Who knows what to believe though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

The cars? No one knows. The only “info” we really have on it is that someone said they’re are working on it. But the only reason people trust them is because they leaked some information about Eco lifestyle EP, and I turned out to be true. Who knows what to believe though.

Someone said in another thread that it was all invented just to prove that it was easy to deceive the pages that 'leak' those infos. The cars and the paris leak...
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Someone said in another thread that it was all invented just to prove that it was easy to deceive the pages that 'leak' those infos. The cars and the paris leak...
    Paris leak? Haven’t heard about that one, whats the details on that one? Link?