Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    Deleted.

See ''What things could be in a French game pack?'' topic.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I keep begging for something apocalyptic. With zombies, or something destroyed civilization and you have to rebuild, and survive. But I doubt it.

We can be begging partners. That's all I ever dream of 😆😆😆😆lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Deleted.

See ''What things could be in a French game pack?'' topic.

Very interesting. Thank you.

Also squashes the Cars rumor. I mean, I think we eventually will get cars, but probably not any time soon.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I keep begging for something apocalyptic. With zombies, or something destroyed civilization and you have to rebuild, and survive. But I doubt it.

We can be begging partners. That's all I ever dream of 😆😆😆😆lol

I'll jump on that bandwagon too!
    #Team Occult
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    A new vacation destination would be wonderful.

Only Granite Falls and Selvadorada, it's very limited.
  • RiziffyRiziffy Posts: 39 Member
    Maybe its a gnome pack where you BECOME a gnome (Life state)? and get to visit the gnomes town! Cow Plants being something to avoid, since as I am sure we all know, Gnomes are a delicious snack for growing cow plants. The Llama would be their little mounts and bunnies are kinda the same size? At least that would be different...

I keep reading a lot of theories that don't make sense if (EA) keeps to their word and it really isn't something that's ever been done before. Horses were done in S3, Cars S3 again, Alpine S2 & S3, Theme Park S1, Medieval was an entire game on its own, Dragons - S3 with the Dragon Valley, Zombies have been done S1-S3, Time Travel S3 complete with both Dystopia and Utopia, Vacations was done in S1-S3, I can keep going on but won't. My guess is it will be as some are saying, recycled and repackaged stuff that EA is trying to say is brand new... They have fallen a long way since the days of Maxis and Will Wright (the inventor of the sims for those who don't know).

Only things I can personally think it could be if they really do keep to it being something that has never been done before is farming, Modeling (Which I think might have been sorta done in an itty bit with the whole celebrity thing in S1-S4) or maybe they are mashing all the occults into one GP but that would be like S3 Supernatural so prolly not. Though I think maybe EA should hire ppl in these posts for ideas! Yall do have some great sounding ideas and oddly well thought out lol.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    These are some awesome ideas! A mountain resort would be perfect, with a new hotel lot type. I built a "motel" in Oasis Springs ages ago, but could only set it to Generic lot type and bring my Willow Creek sims there for a "vacation" when they needed it. A world set in the mountains would also give us a chance to use the terrain tool, as hills look really out of place in any of the worlds we have right now.

@wanderinglizzy I have a motel in Strangerville, the lot type is lounge. The second floor is bedrooms, first floor: bar, lounge, sauna with outdoor pool. It is full of sims. Since there are computers in the rooms sims enter and exit them all the time, so it functions as a motel"esque" in my game. I have my sims spend the night there when I have them visit Strangerville. It is in the gallery too. Original motel created by another simmer, i just redid the 1st floor and added lot traits.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    Mortrydd wrote: »
    I just want something different honestly. Im getting tired of the whole American suburban style packs and worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Britechester, Granite Falls, Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest, StrangerVille and now Evergreen Harbor). Even Sulani was based on Hawaii.
    The only non-American style ones are San Myshuno (Japanese, I believe), Windenburg (Germany), Selvadorada (Latin-American), Forgotten Hollow (Fantasy), Glimmerbrook (Fantasy),

@Mortrydd Sulani is not based on Hawaii. It is based on island nations like Fiji. Granite Falls is the woods, not necessarily American.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    aprilrose wrote: »

Those were the days, oh how I miss those announcement flyers. No unnecessary secrecy, no guessing. I wish the team would go back to that marketing model so bad.

Yeah @aprilrose I don't get all the secrecy in marketing either. They can announce the pack and be vague about the release date, but the not telling you anything is just stupid. It doesn't really build expectation, unless there is someone there who loves reading the speculation posts
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    These were never in the Sims 4 games.

Sphinx, Hinds, Mutants, Pegasus/Unicorn & Cupid Lifestates.

Dark Ages, Viking Age, Renaissance, Regency & 1940s Timelines.

Alpha Quadrant, Delta Quadrant,
    The 5th Dimension & Capica Worlds.

@SERVERFRA Unicorns are in TS3 pets. Also TS3 has a roaring 40s/20s or something throwback too,
    It is an ecological animal rescue with a purpose on conservation and preservation - but animal habitat and keeping the wild wild - world
  • flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    > @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah @aprilrose I don't get all the secrecy in marketing either. They can announce the pack and be vague about the release date, but the not telling you anything is just stupid. It doesn't really build expectation, unless there is someone there who loves reading the speculation posts

i think they don't say much to avoid us getting our hopes up and inevitably be disappointed when they couldn't put as much stuff in the pack as we wanted.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

Those were the days, oh how I miss those announcement flyers. No unnecessary secrecy, no guessing. I wish the team would go back to that marketing model so bad.

Yeah @aprilrose I don't get all the secrecy in marketing either. They can announce the pack and be vague about the release date, but the not telling you anything is just stupid. It doesn't really build expectation, unless there is someone there who loves reading the speculation posts

Somehow I think the secrecy is part of the marketing, because otherwise the "game changers" would not be useful. Being able to publish brand new content is their job. If too much was dropped by EA too early, there would hardly be any use for GC.

About new stuff, I really want a farming pack, but as it doesn't feel 100% "a first", I've been thinking it could be done in a much more simmish way than before. How about a farm with animals like Llamas (for wool), Pink flamingos (for eggs) and probably a few more? It could still be run by a farm, there could be all kinds of regular farm things and activities, but with a little more game specific culture and humor, perhaps :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

Somehow I think the secrecy is part of the marketing, because otherwise the "game changers" would not be useful. Being able to publish brand new content is their job. If too much was dropped by EA too early, there would hardly be any use for GC.

About new stuff, I really want a farming pack, but as it doesn't feel 100% "a first", I've been thinking it could be done in a much more simmish way than before. How about a farm with animals like Llamas (for wool), Pink flamingos (for eggs) and probably a few more? It could still be run by a farm, there could be all kinds of regular farm things and activities, but with a little more game specific culture and humor, perhaps :)

Real pink flamingos that move would be lovely.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What kind of things can you do in Paris other than sightsee and fall in love? Lol
    Well there good food and they have some nice parks and some good Museums Rember that’s where the last super is yeah that ton of stuff to do in Paris I think there is also a zoo.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Probably a Music or a French Romantic Game Pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    It may have something to do with the angler fish @SimGuruGeorge was talking about...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/1278753321344315392
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    It may have something to do with the angler fish @SimGuruGeorge was talking about...

There’s a plumbob on the angler fish. I think that’s all he’s talking about. I don’t think there’s any hint or anything.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

There’s a plumbob on the angler fish. I think that’s all he’s talking about. I don’t think there’s any hint or anything.

The Angler fish always had a Plumbob.
    Perhaps after the latest patch it will give a certain moodlet when you view it. Haven’t tried it yet.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    It's probably a high-school GP. Not for me. I hate University both Sims 3&4. I can't see any more rabit-hole packs being anything but boring. And don't you think having University Life is enough, people? Why couldn't they just release a full on fantasy EP already? That would have been so much better than Vampires and RoM GPs which feel empty and underdeveloped. Seriously, how much is it to ask for Sims 4 Supernatural?
  • jennydb91jennydb91 Posts: 23 Member
    @Toz91: personally I HATE the magic stuff and don't want it in my game - The Sims is a real-life simulation game, after all. My friend is trying to convince me to get the magic game pack, but I remain unconvinced. If I want to play a fantasy game I don't play The Sims.

I would like a high school pack more than a uni pack - the teens are too boring i TS4 now (I don't have Get together, which I understand will help a bit). They don't do anything besides school, homework, sleep and help with chores. Plus some skill building. I would like a more fully-fleshed teen world, with illicit parties, sims being sad because they weren't invited, high school conflicts, teen romance, teen political involvement (protests etc., arguing with their parents about contemporary issues) etc. At this point I haven't met a single teenager besides my own kids, so they have no friends either. I am not too fond of rabbit-hole packs, but if it wasn't a boarding school type of thing but rather that you could follow your kids to school (like with some of the careers) instead of the camera being focused on your house even when no one's there, that wouldn't be all that bad.

I think your suggestion might be it, seems more plausible than some of the other theories here.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

Hm, what could this be? If this is about the game pack, the only thing I can think of is something like a deep-sea theme.. Or a monstrous creatures pack but that can't possibly be happening, haha.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    They said "never done before" so maybe the entire pack is a massive patch that fixes every single bug. LOL
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Was it me? Or is it an angler fish? Cause I really a game pack with resorts and a reggae music as well