Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game pack should I get

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Dine out
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Vampires gives you a new world with cool Victorian outfits, furnitures & decors. Also, a cool new lifestate with power perks & weaknesses.

Dine Out is just a glorify game that should have been a stuff pack.
    Also, the restaurant venue doesn't work well.

Exactly what are you basing this on? There's literally way too much content in 'Dine Out' for it to even be considered a stuff pack...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Vampires
    I see that this poll is exactly 50/50 as of my vote, so that doesn't help much, haha. I would have to agree with other members that the bugginess of restaurants makes them difficult to play, and for that reason, I would choose the pack that actually works...Vampires.

Also, if you set up a retail shop with precooked food marked for sale, then you can basically have a serve-yourself restaurant. (You'll have to grab a serving and then cancel in order to break it down into individual servings.)
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Dine out
    I am stuck between 2 game packs.
    My sister wants me to get vampires but I would like dine out.

Dine Out! I love this pack and use it quite often.
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    Vampires
    If you want the most bang for your buck, go with Vampires.
    I'm you.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Dine out
    Dine out. I still haven't played it as a restaurant owner, but I do love my having my sims go out to dinner. And it's the one you want, so it's the one you should get.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • eternaleebeternaleeb Posts: 7 New Member
    Dine out
    I actually downloaded Vampires because it was one of the only ones available on console when I got it. Then Vlad turned at least 4 of my played sims to Vamps and I uninstalled it. I LOVE Dine Out :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Dine out
    Dine out. I send my sims to restaurants frequently. You need to make sure you download playtested restaurants though. Bad pathing and space as well as too many distracting items will cause many problems people label as bugs. User error is a thing... don't do it.
    There are built in things that can happen like waiters dropping trays, food poisoning possibility and the chef making bad food (they get better if you keep going back). Oh and give the restaurant the Chef's Kitchen trait... it will help with food quality and maybe the homey trait too.. that will help them get skilled faster.
    Why get vampires if you aren't interested?
    egTcBMc.png
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have both packs just for the objects but do not recommend either for game play. They are both were very buggy. Dine out is still bugged. Playing as a vampire was fixed and working as far as I know so go for it if you like the occult. The objects in both packs are good though. Some better than others. Vampires has the only off the grid wall light. The vampire pack also has an off the grid chandelier but it's kind of wonky in my game. Again, even if you don't want to run a restaurant or be a vampire both packs have good objects. I used MCCC to lock vampire needs so they can go out in the day and not die. I got tired of Vlad and the other vamps dying on public lots. I keep them alive but do not play them. Maybe someday but just not into it right now.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Vampires
    i hardly ever use anything from dineout and even though i rarely play vamps i do use a lot of the items.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Dine out
    I have never once had a problem with dine out, I’ve seen many people say they have problems with it to the point it’s broken or buggy but I’ve personally never experienced that. And I used DO quite often. It’s a staple to my gameplay
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Dine out
    Dine out vampire is fun but can get annoying since Vlad is the troll of sims 4 if don't lock your door he walks right in and be a pain of the neck. ( no pun attended.) but dine out is fun have own diner plus great for other games like city living more food to Add your menu.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Dine out

Also, if you set up a retail shop with precooked food marked for sale, then you can basically have a serve-yourself restaurant. (You'll have to grab a serving and then cancel in order to break it down into individual servings.)

But then nobody sits down they just buy the food and go
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Dine out
    Dine Out is one of my favourite packs!

I only have problems if the waiter drops the meal, sometimes the replacement meal never arrives so my sims leave hungry, but that doesn't happen enough to annoy me too much. You also need to make sure that if you build a restaurant yourself, or download one from the gallery, that it is set up properly and the staff can get everywhere they need to easily.

I use this pack a lot, it's nice to have my sims celebrate special occasions at a restaurant, and I also like when they are invited out by friends or for a date.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Dine out
    Dine out is a great pack and very underrated. A lot of simmers mention a lot of bugs the only bug I have is it takes a while for food to be ordered and served. It’s a fab pack and integrates well with other worlds and packs. I have so many different types of restaurants in my worlds. The flexibility for picking your own menu and dressing the workers is great for themes. I’ve never ran a restaurant with my sims so can’t comment on that but I love taking my sims to them.

As for vampires it’s the best occult pack and has a lot of great gothic gameplay. If you are a big occult fan I would say get vampires. It’s good for gothic builds with cas and bb items. Personally it’s not for me but I appreciate the pack.

I would advise get the pack which you feel would suit your gameplay style more and don’t get what your sister wants. I don’t want to sound mean but if she wants certain packs she needs to get them herself.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Vampires

The thing is they don't really sit down either in a restaurant anyways. :D They're always getting up and visiting/interrupting other tables and taking each other's food.

I picked vampires but I do use both these packs a lot. Dine out is more for the BB and CAS though, I mean unless you want to take your sim out for a simple lunch at noon and get home at midnight...

I did find running a restaurant to be less annoying, but then I don't care if the NPC's take 8 hours to eat or not really.

Of course, if you don't like the gothic/victorian aesthetics, then you should get Dine Out, even just for the items, because like I said before, it's got a good catalog of items.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    edited July 2020
    Dine out
    Never mind I got a months worth of pocket money today so I am getting get famous ( even though I will probably end up turning off fame )
    Post edited by Cavapoo_King on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    Gosh. Couldn't vote. You stumped me with the choice. If dine out hadn't been a choice, I might not have had a problem. Not that it's huge for me, but I like options in the game.

Dine out provides the options to own your own eating establishment (which I enjoyed) and eating out in the premade places or ones you make with the game. You get to choose the menu too. I see some have issues with it, but I noticed nothing. People talk at other tables before going to eat in real life, so that doesn't bug me.

I want vampires in my game as I like to play them sometimes to get away from realistic play or so my sim will have the long lifespan. Great clothes and stuff in it as well.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    Never mind I got a months worth of pocket money today so I am getting get famous ( even though I will probably end up turning off fame )

HAHA! Are you serious? All THIS for NOTHING! *shakes head in disbelief*.

Hey, I'm only messing with you. ;)

Enjoy whichever pack you’re getting!

*staggers off to find the nearest Globe Bar*.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Both really fun packs. Dine out is a bit glitchy. Vampires is perfect.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    get the one you like obviously but I personally like vampires more cause occults are more my thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Dine out

They sit down to eat the food if you don't mark it for sale. Just cook it and place in the bakery shelves, they will help themselves to it if they are hungry.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Dine out
    I like having my Sims be able to go to a restaurant, great for dating.

I got Vampires, because everyone said how great it was, hate it, I currently use the James Turner ( YouTube) trick to run my game without it as well as Cats & Dogs.

So my contrairian advice is to get packs that fit your gameplay, packs that look fun or interesting to you and not packs everyone recommends. People play Sims in wildly different ways, what is fun for one person is tedious for another.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dine out
    I have both but I get way more use out of Dine Out. I send Sims out to eat quite a bit; I try to have a restaurant in each of the EP worlds, like a seafood restaurant by the docks in Windenburg or a vegetarian restaurant in the Get Famous world (I'm blanking on the name!) or a family restaurant in Willow Creek. My favorite is World's View Restaurant which I built on one of the penthouse lots in San Myshuno; it carries all the international foods from CL so it's a good place to go learn the recipes, or if I want to kill off a Sim I have them order Pufferfish Nigri. >:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dine out
    I see that this poll is exactly 50/50 as of my vote, so that doesn't help much, haha. I would have to agree with other members that the bugginess of restaurants makes them difficult to play, and for that reason, I would choose the pack that actually works...Vampires.

Or you could make it a "to-go" place perfect for the current COVID crisis. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Dine out
    or a vegetarian restaurant in the Get Famous world (I'm blanking on the name!) )
    Del sol valley ( valley of the sun )