Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item(s) is banned from your sims home?

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    Washers and dryers, dishwashers are rare in my game too, ice cream machines, popcorn poppers.

Why is the dishwasher banned for you?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Murphy beds, even though I have a mod to make them less lethal. High chairs were banned for a while, until I sent a sim to Selvadorada & the toddlers I'd left behind nearly starved to death. Apparently the left-behind parent can only feed them on the couch when I direct them to do so.The kiddie pool is only allowed in the summertime, because sims are always putting their toddlers in it in all kinds of weather & nearly freezing them to death. And fireplaces are on shaky ground right now, because sims keep lighting them in the middle of a heatwave.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • FiraSilverrangeFiraSilverrange Posts: 1 New Member
    Popcorn machine. Even my foodies won't cook if there's one in the house.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Murphy beds, even though I have a mod to make them less lethal. High chairs were banned for a while, until I sent a sim to Selvadorada & the toddlers I'd left behind nearly starved to death. Apparently the left-behind parent can only feed them on the couch when I direct them to do so.The kiddie pool is only allowed in the summertime, because sims are always putting their toddlers in it in all kinds of weather & nearly freezing them to death. And fireplaces are on shaky ground right now, because sims keep lighting them in the middle of a heatwave.

Oh yes! I forgot about fireplaces. Those are banned too since the neighbor came over and lit the thing - somehow caught himself on fire and the husband and child of one of my primary families and it was too far gone so they all died horribly. All this happened downstairs while I was taking care of stuff upstairs and I couldn't put them out in time. Neighbors are the worst too.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    High chairs, washer/dryer, tubs (most of the time), coffee maker, microwaves....
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I love the gaming rig. I turned autonomy off for it and so Sims only use it when I direct them to. Fun fills up very fast with it.

Do share the secret :)

@SelinaKyles I agree. I miss us having our small little telescope. This one we have now is just too big. I only have one now because im trying to collect my space prints.

You can use either a mod by Scumbumbo called “SCAM” or use MCCC. You can then control which actions you don’t want Sims to do autonomously. I turned off all the annoying ones like pushups, make snow angels, play with the gaming rig, etc. Basically the ones they were obsessed with and did a little too often for my liking
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Pool floats.

They are a death trap for sims as they'll wanna go outside to relax and sleep on them during the dead of Winter and pretty much seals their fate. :#

Also coffee makers. Some of my sims like to punish themselves not wanting to sleep and drink cup after cup after cups of coffee until they get the dazed and confused and wet themselves.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am loving reading the banned objects. I remember SimGuruLyndsay said according to stats future cube and voodoo doll were the least used objects.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am loving reading the banned objects. I remember SimGuruLyndsay said according to stats future cube and voodoo doll were the least used objects.

When TS4 first gameplay trailer was released with the girl choosing Ollie or the other guy, and they showed the voodoo doll, I was very excited to play with that. But like with the woodworking table and cupcake machine, I forgot they were even included in BG
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh yeah, I also boycott junkfood items, like the cupcake thing. I’ve never used those and never will.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Washers and dryers, dishwashers are rare in my game too, ice cream machines, popcorn poppers.

Mostly because washing dishes takes very little time. Plus, Sims stick tend to stick one plate in them so you end up washing dishes anyway a lot of times.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I have a growing pit-list of items I want to throw off of penthouse balconies.

I'm sure there are a few items I'm not thinking of at the moment. No doubt I'm in for a jolting reminder next time I choose a random household to play.

@LiELF, Whenever you remember the additional items, please do let us know. I’ll get the coffee ready. This is pure enjoyment. I like your style. ;)
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I never put outdoor grills in my sims homes. It's all they're going to use regardless of the weather!!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Soccer Ball. My sims constantly go to start juggling :s

Also bikes, they're incredibly annoying and make journeys take twice as long
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The Soccer Ball. My sims constantly go to start juggling :s

Also bikes, they're incredibly annoying and make journeys take twice as long

This was so disappointing, it should be a faster way to travel.

Bikes are banned for my vampires. Even with "always move as bat" turned on, if you click somewhere and say "fly here as bat" they will pull out the bike, burn in sunlight, get on the bike, burn in the sunlight, ride the bike while burning in the sunlight, get off the bike, burn in sunlight, put bike in inventory, and finally just burn to death.

Bikes will override all forms of travel or movement, I would have liked them for sometimes but this is annoying and it's really not faster travel at all, in fact, it takes longer. I will let my other sims use them, but they are outright banned for vampires since their use can mean their death.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    Washer & dryer.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member

Mostly because washing dishes takes very little time. Plus, Sims stick tend to stick one plate in them so you end up washing dishes anyway a lot of times.

If you upgrade the dishwasher, it only takes a few seconds to wash. I find manual washing takes too long.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Televisions. Even my bookworm sims will automatically go to it 3 minutes before they head off to work.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I have a growing pit-list of items I want to throw off of penthouse balconies.

I'm sure there are a few items I'm not thinking of at the moment. No doubt I'm in for a jolting reminder next time I choose a random household to play.

@LiELF, Whenever you remember the additional items, please do let us know. I’ll get the coffee ready. This is pure enjoyment. I like your style. ;)

Lol! Thanks! 😄

I'm sure there are more. If I get a chance to play again soon, I will make sure I return with my new list.
    #Team Occult
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't put bars in any of my builds with the only exception being once in a blue moon the tiki bar that came with preordering Sims4. I love it, even though I don't like drinking or bars at all. Preference

Hate high chairs. I use to leave a Sim toddler in as punishment in the Sims3, but they can get down and everyone, including broomhilda stops everything to get them out no matter how hard I cancelled vthe toddler wishes and the sim wishes can't be cancelled.

1. If my Sims have a computer, I put the laptops in their inventory and lock doors if possible to the desktops.
    2. I once put my radio in the family inventory because the adult family member couldn't leave it alone.
    3. I've noticed the clay and gaming rig.
    Camkat wrote: »
    High chairs.

The only time I've ever had a toddler removed by social services, was starved because the parents wouldn't get it together and one kept taking the kid out while the other was trying to feed them. Even in a one parent house hold I never bother anymore either. More often than not the kid will just throw the food on the floor anyways. Just let them eat off a plate on the floor like a dog, that way they actually finish their meal AND they don't make a mess.

Is it possible to use resetsim when the high chair becomes an issue that could cause child services to come in? Trying to figure out what to do if that happened. Can't remember if I can go to buy and delete the chair or not.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I guess I’m the only one who likes high chairs. I always use them for my toddlers.
    To answer the thread, I haven’t banned anything. The only thing I want to ban is the phone.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Is it possible to use resetsim when the high chair becomes an issue that could cause child services to come in? Trying to figure out what to do if that happened. Can't remember if I can go to buy and delete the chair or not.

In hind sight, I should have just deleted the stupid chair before it got to the point of the grey out options where you can't do anything but watch the child poof off screen. There wasn't even a social worker. Just a "poof" and the child was basically deleted from the household and a note in the top corner saying they were neglected and starving. :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ApoloApolo Posts: 58 Member
    The popcorn machine and the globe bar.
    All my neighbors are addicted to popcorn and alcoholics
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    Stereos, hands-down. There is no reason for my sims to be dancing for 15 hours everyday lol
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    The welcome wagon fruitcake. It goes straight in the bin as the hours-long negative moodlet is just insane.

I also only limit one computer per household, and I normally allocate it to one sim's bedroom and lock it away from guests.

Moulding clay too.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Stereos because the endless dancing drives me insane. They don't even dance like normal people would. It's to weird for me. I give them the Lin-z thing instead because they don't seem to use it automatically which means I decide when they can dance. :D

Same! I love the music in the sims but the constant dancing has made me ban stereos from every house. Their dancing is so cringe :lol:
    giphy.gif