Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2020
    It could have been a disaster, @BreeMiles. I'm glad it wasn't. Did Chad take advantage of meeting all the sims he hadn't met yet?
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Good things happen during Week 3 for Ella

The 2nd picture made me smile and hope it does for you, too.
    w3pic1.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    It could have been a disaster, @BreeMiles. I'm glad it wasn't. Did Chad take advantage of meeting all the sims he hadn't met yet?

yes he did ciane and Milly really threw him for a loop with her date invitation :)
    So glad to have another story to read! What fun to see a ghost swimming in the water! Ella is doing well.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ADWilson : I've never seen a swimming ghost before - how unusual! I've been reading your other stories the past two days, so I'll read this chapter now. :)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ADWilson A swimming ghost - that's another new one on me! And Ella might be finding true love..? Liked the chapter, and especially the picture of her falling down the fireman's pole!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @ADWilson read and left you some love.. :)
    Thank YOU!

Am glad I shared a picture of the swimming ghost since it appears to be a rare sighting :wink:
    So glad to have another story to read! What fun to see a ghost swimming in the water! Ella is doing well.
    Me too! I enjoyed reading your variation of Ella.
    @ADWilson : I've never seen a swimming ghost before - how unusual! I've been reading your other stories the past two days, so I'll read this chapter now. :)
    Thanks for reading :)
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson A swimming ghost - that's another new one on me! And Ella might be finding true love..? Liked the chapter, and especially the picture of her falling down the fireman's pole!
    Glad you liked it. The moment on the fireman's pole made me laugh, partly because there are stairs but she won't use them when going downstairs. She might be ... {trying to look mysterious} <= is it working?
    Ella wins some and loses some in WEEK 4.

Picture spotlight:
    Poor Ella! It took a little while for her to get the hang of throwing the baton without bonking herself on the head.
    Her: Ouch!
    Me: {giggling when it happened}
    w4pic9.jpg
    Woot! Congrats on Ella achieving her LTW!
    Woot! Congrats on Ella achieving her LTW!
    Thank YOU !
    @ADWilson She hit her wish! I picked that one because it was going to be attainable whilst doing all the things she needed to do for the challenge ;)
    @ADWilson She hit her wish! I picked that one because it was going to be attainable whilst doing all the things she needed to do for the challenge ;)

I agree, this wish is definitely doable. Earning money via gardening to build the home is also doable. The challenge is challenging enough without being too difficult and loads of fun. Really glad you made it!
    Fall, Winter and the 1st day of Spring take place during Week 5.
    This busy week has some fun moments!

One such moment is this:
    sw5pic3.jpg
    ADWilson wrote: »

I agree, this wish is definitely doable. Earning money via gardening to build the home is also doable. The challenge is challenging enough without being too difficult and loads of fun. Really glad you made it!
    @SamelaRita - I'm really glad you made it, too! I've found that many of the challenges for Sims 3/4 are either too complicated (way too many rules you have to remember and follow), or simply too easy now if you have all of the expansions. This one, though, is just right; not too many rules to keep track of, and yet challenging enough to be interesting.

I've now done the challenge in both Sims 3 & Sims 4, and there are different challenges to deal with in each. It's hard to say for sure which one is harder, because each one is more difficult in different ways. I think overall it's more difficult in Sims 3, though, due to the fact that plants take longer to grow and they also have fewer harvests; plus you can evolve a plant while it's growing in Sims 4, but you have to keep replanting in order to improve plants in Sims 3.

Interestingly enough, in Sims 3 I was only able to see the "mooch food" interaction once; after that, I only had options to mooch money and not food from anyone. I think it's because I added the "Proper" trait to my Sim, and I suspect that trait conflicts with that specific interaction. (Although not with the interaction for mooching money, strangely enough.) That's not to say that the Mooch trait didn't remain useful; I think it was a combination of that trait plus the reward trait of Inappropriate In A Good Way, that allowed her to walk into an uninhabited house and use the shower and bed there. :)

I have a cooking mod that makes cooking more difficult (every recipe has three ingredients, and most recipes require you to have all three), which meant that even when my Sim was visiting neighbors, she couldn't cook using their stove, and she didn't have a high enough cooking to do anything on the grill. I eventually figured out that she could roast fish directly on a fire pit, so I placed fire pits on several community lots, including the fishing spot lot.

Also, snow cones ftw. Those are what kept her from starving to death the first couple of days until I figured out the fire pit thing. :)
    @ADWilson loved catching up on your story with Ella.
    I'm hooked on this challenge, but never fret @SamelaRita I'm still playing with your wonderful gifts you made me.
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    I started with this family first, and it works out as I've never played in Monte Vista before and I'm loving exploring it with the family.
    Woot! TWO more story updates!! Loved seeing them both!
    @ADWilson I really liked Ella skating as well! That was a lovely screenshot. And I laughed at the brief date outside the commercial building, before he rushed off.
    @BreeMiles It was fun catching up with Chad too - I never knew that mermaids needed rehydrating! Love the idea of him rescuing his future mother-in-law from becoming all dried up :D
    @MiaSkywalker I'm glad I hit your sweet spot with the challenge! I know what you mean about some of them being too easy if you have all the expansion packs - I tried the asylum challenge one time and it was a walkover. I got a story out of it though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time!
    I agree @SamelaRita I never knew either, good thing for me Chad knew to get a bucket of water :blush:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @MiaSkywalker with Chad and Ella I noticed that if a sim previously mooched food from hadn't gone home and had still been on the same lot as my sim for a long period of time, then the food mooching went away. But if I sent my sim to a different lot, which somehow allows the other sim to go home or reset inventory, I could mooch food again.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @MiaSkywalker with Chad and Ella I noticed that if a sim previously mooched food from hadn't gone home and had still been on the same lot as my sim for a long period of time, then the food mooching went away. But if I sent my sim to a different lot, which somehow allows the other sim to go home or reset inventory, I could mooch food again.
    She's tried mooching from different Sims, and she hasn't seen the interaction on anyone, even though she always has the option to mooch money. I think the one time I saw that interaction, at the beginning, was before I had given her the Proper trait. (I have a mod that allows up to 10 traits per adult Sim, but at the beginning she just had the initial 5 I had selected in CAS.) That's why I think that trait doesn't allow that specific interaction. It could be a bug, or it could be intentional. Either way, I've had her get around the issue by doing a LOT of fishing. :p.

She's also slept over at the homes of other Sims, then eaten from group servings they make. I have to admit that the LTR "Inappropriate in a Good Way" is extremely useful for these challenges.

I've never had to actually use the mooch simoleons interaction, because the times she has repaired or upgraded items on someone's lot, she's earned enough cash to cover her bills.

I used @BreeMiles' lots to fill out Pinochle Point, and I'm going to have her move in to one of the residential lots once she has enough cash. Which is actually going to be pretty soon, and at that point I'm going to figure the challenge is done for her. :)
    edited July 2020
    Springtime means fickle weather and fickle Sims!
    Ella deals with that and more during https://mysims3life.com/ella-week-6/

Picture spotlight:
    Now you use it ...
    w6pic2.jpg

Now you don't ... was glad she could still go fishing though!
    w6pic6.jpg
    @ADWilson She's getting there, she's getting there! I probably ought to put a Final Goal in the list of rules. Having a home? Any other suggestions? And what do you think about adding in being able to collect seeds from the wild when he/she has reached Level 10 of gardening, and maybe achieved all the challenges as well? I don't want to make it too complex.
    @ADWilson: Love this latest update! That's a really loooong garden she's got there!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top