Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 on Steam's "The Top Sellers of 2018"

I was just browsing through Steam when I saw their "The Top Sellers of 2018" article. The Sims 3 made it to their Bronze list! What is so amazing about this is that this 10 year old game is still selling well and in league with much newer games on Steam!

Which goes to show that when you do something right, EA, stick with it! So please keep that in mind for The Sims 5 - open world with unpredictable fun game play and content, optimized and with fewer bugs (hire Twallan if you need to)!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    I was just browsing through Steam when I saw their "The Top Sellers of 2018" article. The Sims 3 made it to their Bronze list! What is so amazing about this is that this 10 year old game is still selling well and in league with much newer games on Steam!

Which goes to show that when you do something right, EA, stick with it! So please keep that in mind for The Sims 5 - open world with unpredictable fun game play and content, optimized and with fewer bugs (hire Twallan if you need to)!
    LOL, not going to argue with the sentiment. But Twallan does not wish to work for EA. The way he put it when he last commented on the possibility before his retirement from Sims games five years ago now was that he would rather bag groceries (at a local supermarket chain) for a living.

Both his country (Canada) and the one where much of EA is based kind of frown on employing people who do not wish to have that status. I don't know, something about constitutional rights, civil wars, slavery is not really in vogue these days, all sorts of noise was made in the past throughout our history about this stuff. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Doesn't surprise me <3<3<3
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    igazor wrote: »

LOL, not going to argue with the sentiment. But Twallan does not wish to work for EA. The way he put it when he last commented on the possibility before his retirement from Sims games five years ago now was that he would rather bag groceries (at a local supermarket chain) for a living.

Both his country (Canada) and the one where much of EA is based kind of frown on employing people who do not wish to have that status. I don't know, something about constitutional rights, civil wars, slavery is not really in vogue these days, all sorts of noise was made in the past throughout our history about this stuff. ;)

Lol, I understand! But, you know, he put so much work into making The Sims 3 even more amazing than it already is that I feel that they should AT THE VERY LEAST give him some monetary compensation and honorary acknowledgement for the major positive impact he made for its betterment.

I remember the first time I needed his mods. I just installed the Island Paradise EP which made the game lag big time. Looking for solutions (because I REALLY wanted to play that EP), that was the first time I came across his MasterController, ErrorTrap and Overwatch and they really helped to keep the game running well (also with me fixing the map of course). But those mods are like the gateway drug of TS3, lol! I found myself trying out other mods from NRAAS and Mod the Sims since then. :)

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Twallan saved my homeless sim experience, I can easily say that. My game (in Bridgeport) got stuck two simweeks in, refusing to save. People had been advising Errortrap and Overwatch for quite some time but I’m a bit stubborn (...)(I’d been playing the game modless for years right, I was doing just fine thank you :p ). When this happened I gave in and installed those two mods. It solved my issues instantly. And playing that vagabond has been one of my most entertaining experiences with the game. Not much later I fell in love with Mastercontroller.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So selling better than TS4 then?

This is really turning out to be a good week! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    I'm so proud of sims 3! I love the sims 3, by far my favourite game of the whole franchise. There's just so much to do and the open world is so amazing and fun! I enjoy it much more than sims 4. On the Twallan thing: complete lifesaver. It helps my game run so much more smoothly.
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2020
    That's amazing !
    The Sims 3 proves a game can still survive 10 years later.

That's why EA want to update TS3 Mac for Catalina and fix some other issues..