Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Maxis Match CC clothing or Alpha CC?

2...Next

Comments

• mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I really loved Alpha, but I have to play on low-medium graphics because my laptop has terrible specs, so Alpha hair gets weird streaks or doesn't load at all until I zoom in close enough to a sim. Maybe if I could play on ultra graphics I wouldn't notice the difference as much, but until then I'm sticking with MM.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I much prefer alpha CC but ONLY when it's done well!! A lot of people just abuse it, and make their sims look like kylie jenner wannabe's with cheap looking makeup, hair and clothes lol. I've been so picky with this game because I can't stand maxis match (the plastic looking hair just kills me), and a lot of alpha cc looks like plum. When I make my sims, I give them alpha cc, but I don't exaggerate their features or pack on a bunch of makeup. I like to keep it natural and simplistic lol.

how are you a new member but have a profile picture?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    I tend towards MM, but have some alpha hair and eyes for my sims that need it (like Dahlia Hawthorne or anyone with bow hair). Clothing-wise, I'd call it semi-alpha, as it's often more detailed but still somewhat MM-y.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    maxis match ALL THE WAY

-Yarden.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I love maxis match stuff. Alpha hair in TS3 was alright and I liked some of it in TS2 as well, but never in TS4. It clashes too much with the style of the game for my taste.
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match because I often find Alpha to be distracting since it doesn't blend it. However, I haven't really delved into CC for eyes and skin because I know that it can goof up the genetics with having kids (you might get a child with COMPLETELY different eyes, skin, etc. from either parent because of how the CC was built). I wish we had more skin diversity in the base game though - since I don't use CC there, I wind up with less diversity in my game than I would like.
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    I use whatever really, if I like it. Lots of really nicely made cc out there, but I can relate to others saying it's often very glam. I have a few super-fashionable sims, but many more everyday ones too.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I used to use Alpha CC when I first got TS4, but now I use MM. I have some Alpha hairs in my game but I tend to not use them
    Oh hamburgers!
  • xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    Maxis Match. Since the styles match, it's easier to make outfits without having to worry about jeans looking glued to your sims legs while the t-shirt is somewhat baggy
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    Alpha for like some furniture and stuff but NEVER for CAS.
    Every Alpha sim I've seen creeps me out by being way too close to the uncanny valley. For example:
    https://i.gyazo.com/8c50d6c03b780f71021d864ccda76481.png

Especially in the case of toddlers, like I really hate the ones that feature hair all the way to their butts or knees. This is for Both sims 3 and 4. Just the logistics if a one-3 year old having hair that would take frakking years to grow just rubs me the wrong way. Like irl photos of Pageant kids.
    That's true even for adults with alpha cc for me. They have the creepy factor of child pageant photos.
  • HwachaKittenSimsHwachaKittenSims Posts: 1 New Member
    :| I prefer mostly Alpha. For the hairs especially, because for me personally alpha hairs look like they put much more effort (by that I mean they have way more detailed texture and have a beautiful look. Just I don't really like alpha skin for the reasons you've stated. SO I guess I'm kinda both but mostly alpha.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Maxis Match only for me.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends, considering this thread has been inactive for quite a substantial amount of time I'm going to close it off, if you wish to continue discussing this please feel free to start a new discussion.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top