The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    I'm excited for the game even though I didn't like the way the character looked. That wouldn't stop me from playing though as I don't like the looks of vanilla Sims 2 and Sims 3 sims and I love both those versions. Hopefully at some point CC will be available. Can't wait to see some gameplay.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    ^^ More Paralives-news in this video also made by Simmer Erin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34GuhreD5Mw

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    ^^ More Paralives-news in this video also made by Simmer Erin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34GuhreD5Mw

I'm on the Discord server, but I miss a lot of these developer messages. This is quite interesting
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    SimmerErin's video is really well done. I'm not sure why people are worked up that we haven't seen live mode yet. It makes sense to work on features in bulk, and live mode makes sense to me as the last main feature, because you have to have the para done and their environment.
    I'm also not sure why there were people pulling their funding after the Roxanne incident. The bad behavior of her tweets matched with Alex's statement of why he let her go. I wouldn't want someone disruptive on my small team either. His funding seems to be doing fine, but people were too quick to judge because she said the one thing that would make people doubt- that he didn't have a plan. I'm staying a patron of his, and it does look like he has a plan. People are expecting too many features too quickly...I am willing to wait, especially if they are well done.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Was Roxanne the artist who created Maggie?
    Paralives has a new programmer.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/38164414
    Simmer Erin’s wishlist for Paralives:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJl4JKMcgE

A robust personality-system together with in-depth gameplay goes a long way in my opinion ^^ What’s on your Paralives-wishlist?
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Was Roxanne the artist who created Maggie?

It was probably a collaborative effort between the devs. They all chipped in regarding her final look
    Simmer Erin’s wishlist for Paralives:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJl4JKMcgE

A robust personality-system together with in-depth gameplay goes a long way in my opinion ^^ What’s on your Paralives-wishlist?

I'd also love a good personality system. Anna says she's very interested in the personality system, so I hope they come up with something good. 🤞🏽 Personally I would want a meaningful integration among the personality, memory, and emotion systems in a way that creates fun gameplay. Kind of like how Inside Out tied it all together
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I've kind of fallen in love with the Sims 4 and its graphics and am not bored/annoyed with it. Paralives' graphics don't look as good imo and I really like the Sims 4 and feel no need to replace it.
    they/he
    I love TS4 but I'm excited to see what Paralives with bring to the table.
    I think TS4 is just alright, but it needs a lot of improvement in some areas. It doesn't look like they're interested in revamping the sims' core AI though, because there's been feedback for years to overhaul the emotions and traits, but they never did anything. I don't really like how EA manages the franchise, so I'm looking for something fresh and exciting

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    A lot of us aren’t looking to replace the sims. Most I’ve seen, there’s still love for the sims while also being interested in paralives, including me. There’s ample room for more than one life simulation game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    A lot of us aren’t looking to replace the sims. Most I’ve seen, there’s still love for the sims while also being interested in paralives, including me. There’s ample room for more than one life simulation game.

This!
  • MothmanMerlinMothmanMerlin Posts: 39 Member
    it certainly intrigues me! im excited to see a sims-esque game not made by EA and singleplayer (looking at you, secondlife)
    suspected osdd-1b system|he/him|heavily modded game, see something you like, just ask:>|novice programmer and experienced artist|
    "it's like one of my Japanese animes!"
    ^^ More Paralives news with Simmer Erin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9_6x8wUFk

• darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    I'm super excited about it! I've been following them from the beginning and they are really receptive to ideas from the simulation community. I'm not necessarily expecting it to deliver likes Sims 4 in the graphics department, but I'm much more interested in the gameplay aspects and the fact that they are developing things that the current iteration of The Sims lacks. Open world? Color wheel? Inclusive skintones? Lofts? Fleshed out personalities, memories, and consequences? Yes, please.
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com

• darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    Also, I'm a backer on Patreon, and as of today, the game is receiving $37,000+ in pledges each month. They've hired and are still in the process of hiring more people for the team. I agree that it's time for a worthy competitor, and I think Paralives has the potential.
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Anyone see the survey that the Paralives team has out on ethnicity and culture?

I meant to comment on here way earlier when they did that Ask Me Anything on reddit a month ago but seeing that survey reminded me.

eTza7aC.jpg

This alone gave me a little more hope for this game and the parafolk. I love their mindset and desire to understand the players they're also making the game for.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited June 2020

Day and night cycle.

https://youtu.be/vUQjMVxwYbU
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Anyone see the survey that the Paralives team has out on ethnicity and culture?

I meant to comment on here way earlier when they did that Ask Me Anything on reddit a month ago but seeing that survey reminded me.

eTza7aC.jpg

This alone gave me a little more hope for this game and the parafolk. I love their mindset and desire to understand the players they're also making the game for.

See? Now this is how you make a game good! Take 👏 notes 👏 EA 👏
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Day and night cycle.

Omg now I'm a believer. Love the ambient noise and when the lights come on it looks natural instead of having a distinct line where the light stops at the edge of the lot! (That's what it does in TS3, don't know about 4) And that they're open to modders?! Signing up for Patreon now. Though Sims 3 will be my first love as long as my computer will play it. :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    How can we have the latest news about Paralives ? Thank you.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

Check out Paralives (@ParalivesGame): https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame?s=09

You can also check their Patreon and join the Discord server. :) The Discord is quite active now, so you might want to mute all the channels except for development and announcements.