Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha or Maxis Match?

1234568...Next

Comments

• uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    I prefer maxis match, I'm minimal cc. It's just easier, and it's a little less "lore breaking" for me. I can't imagine having an alpha sim and then all hese maxis match premades walking around. Also, alpha hair is very high poly and really bogs down your game.
    f9kiTE1.png
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    uglytownie wrote: »
    I prefer maxis match, I'm minimal cc. It's just easier, and it's a little less "lore breaking" for me. I can't imagine having an alpha sim and then all hese maxis match premades walking around. Also, alpha hair is very high poly and really bogs down your game.

OMGGGG welcome back <3 congrats on the baby btw, he's REALLY cute
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • LeeShinLeeShin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey i'm french ! I have a problem , idk if I take mm or alpha because mm is nice for the game but alpha is cool for asians sims..
  • zozzozozzo Posts: 4 New Member
    Honestly, I never really left The Sims 3 behind when TS4 came out, This might be part of the reason why I'm Alpha CC all the way, At the same time though, I've never liked "clayifed" sims or hair. The first time I went into the CAS demo all I could say was "what the hell." I love it when my sims look realistic and polished. I just CANNOT do the original art style of TS4 and try to change it whenever possible. I don't want to live in a Barbie Dreamhouse world, I want real life. Sorry not sorry MM Simmers!
  • glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    beec9dd4d75747a6c90e8a00ce30db669b762dc8.png

Alpha always, because. . .

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I use both. In my next game, i plan to delete all premades and make my own. I'll probably use alpha only in that save.
  • WykkydWykkyd Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm a n00b here but not to the game. I am more inclined toward MM. Alpha just seems like an "airbrushed" magazine cover vs. a non-edited one. *shrugs*

Wykkyd
  • themelonicthemelonic Posts: 2,019 Member
    I use both.. but for edits MM is sooo much easier
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really dislike mm cc, I agree it looks bad quality for the most part. Also it’s annoying that people can say how ugly alpha is but if you say that about mm they gets really defensive.
  • AlyeseD09AlyeseD09 Posts: 1 New Member
    truly i LOVE both. Maxis Match fits better into the game, is less laggy and works WAAAY better with EAs stuff. Lets say you were making a sims and you use MM but you love some jeans from get together or something, the styles dont clash BUT if you had this whole alpha get up then it would be out of place to use those jeans. Or your MM sims is taking a jog and Nancy Landgrab walks by. You would match! BUT if your Alpha sims walks by Eliza Pancakes, sis looks to different. I love the way alpha looks but it isnt great for game play. Alpha also makes it difficult for sims to see CC eye colors and skintones that are alpha. Genetics are harder to get across with alpha. Alpha makes your sims look alot more harsh and MM is more soft and calm, but can be harsh. Either way CC is great for people who cant afford packs. and its great for those who can!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I mix and match, but try to minimize cc. I only use MM hair styles and skin Overlays, not Full coverage skin. I’m incredibly critical about any cc.
    The few bits of realistic clothing I have in game, need to be of high quality in terms of mesh, texture and specular map, in order to sustain the game’s general aesthetics. I only go for the content of select artists who can pull this of.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've always used both. When I started out, I leaned toward Alpha, then over time my preferences became more equal, and now I find that I'm actually preferring Maxis Match. But I'll probably continue using both forever.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AlunnyAlunny Posts: 24 Member
    I used to hate alpha and then I got my sims 3D lashes and maxis match just doesn't look right with it anymore. It's the gateway drug to Alpha ha ha ha.

And oh my god so worth it I love it now :D. I still have my cartoon eyes and stuff but I have alpha hair and eyelashes and makeup. I love it :D.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I prefer Alpha. They are so beautifully designed. <3 And those that don't look good in the game, I just delete them.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    LeeShin wrote: »
    Hey i'm french ! I have a problem , idk if I take mm or alpha because mm is nice for the game but alpha is cool for asians sims..

Depends on your taste @LeeShin. You can play with both style in the same time , we calls this Maxis-mix.

---

I am maxis mix with a preference for maxis-match, ts2 and ts3 to ts4 eaxis conversions or alpha meshes that looks like maxis native sims 4 meshes. (only for the sims 4)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said:
    > I mix and match, but try to minimize cc. I only use MM hair styles and skin Overlays, not Full coverage skin. I’m incredibly critical about any cc.
    > The few bits of realistic clothing I have in game, need to be of high quality in terms of mesh, texture and specular map, in order to sustain the game’s general aesthetics. I only go for the content of select artists who can pull this of.

I completely agree with you! Sadly, whenever I try to find CC, I love realistic/alpha clothing but it doesn't fit my sims body most of the time or doesn't sustain the game's general aesthetics. Could you please tell me those select artists you are talking about? Would love to check their creations!
  • AnnarithBallantyneAnnarithBallantyne Posts: 18 Member
    I'm honestly fond of both MM and alpha CC so long as they don't break my game or hurt my eyes. You know what I mean: the clothing or items that are so hyper-textured, even when the creator says they're compatible with non-HQ gameplay, they only ever look good with HQ gameplay. Otherwise they look like they're made of static or are just completely immersion-breaking with their awkwardness.
  • jordash_games_1234jordash_games_1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    Alpha x 1000
  • KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    I've recently gotten a new laptop (a literal gaming one) and it runs a lot better, so I'm actually able to have high-quality graphics. I really like the Alpha skins-- especially ones in similar or the same style by the same creator for all ages (toddler+). However, I would prefer default skins (which I can find with mm skins). I also like some alpha clothes, especially the CC by Gorillax3, but it can be really hard to find alpha stuff (again toddler+) that I personally like imo.
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    I don’t know, some simmers know how to make their sims look really good with alpha cc but I just find them too realistic looking. I mean, sims are supposed to be cartoon characters but then again, yeah everyone has their own taste, but for my style, I love maxis match.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    I'm big into alpha. I do have a lot of mm too that I like to mix in here and there, mostly makeup and bb. MM makeup is really good when I want to give a sim say a matte lipstick. Crypticsim and Ladysimmer are really good sources for mm makeup that work well on an alpha sim.