Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS5 being announced soon?

I posted the same poll back in 2018 and people overwhelmingly voted no, and they were absolutely right. Now that we're halfway through 2020, what do people think about TS5 now? Is it being announced soon?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Is TS5 being announced soon? 130 votes

Yes, it will be annouced within 3 months (by September 2020)
2%
friendlysimmersgoodcakebaker62abelhinha35 3 votes
Yes, it will be annouced within 6 months (by the end of 2020)
4%
doogerieEnkiSchmidtgoldann25Horrorgirl6Leahmiller2006SimBeeGirl 6 votes
Yes, it will be annouced within 1 year (by mid-2021)
24%
auroraael14mikepapaycikcatmom1987CamkatMaryVannAnmirladrake_mccartyCinebaralanmichael1KaeChan2089Sakia90Maddannaalexis3142bixtersZinomanMaggieMarleySavvySimmieScobreStrawberryYogurtloutredor 32 votes
No, TS5 won't be annouced anytime soon
68%
crocobauraBluegayleLeGardePourprerudy8292Icewolfalexspoom13IceyJAlrynnIsb917SimburianTonjeHmercuryfoamsimgirl1010freindlylolrobyngravesAjaGioluthienrisingloubylouloucmbaker16stilljustme2 89 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2020
    As Andrew said the TS4 community keep on growing year after year, so The Sims 4 is extended by 5 or 6 years
    1. 2014 (32-bit)
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    6. 2019 (Rebranded) (Legacy Edition and 64-bit only/macOS Catalina)
    7. 2020 (Steam and The Sims Spark'd)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think they're throwing ideas around and they're not even really working on it yet so no, not anytime soon.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Fat chance
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    Doesn't matter what polls say or on what anyone thinks. It will be announced when it's ready. Based on this job position posting, it will be sooner than anyone thinks!

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    If it's even in development already, it's likely in very early stages (even if it's been worked on for over a year already, that's still early) so I'm pretty confident there's at least 2 more years.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Just because they announce it, doesn't mean it would be ready anytime within the next year or two. Games often announce and then people wait for 2+ years. (Even longer sometimes *cough* Activision/Blizzard *cough*)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, it will be annouced within 6 months (by the end of 2020)
    I thought Sims 5 was still far away and would only launch after Sims 4 had ended. But with recent hints at their concept being radically different from the older iterations (the whole "multiplayer, challenge & competition" approach) they might run both 4 and 5 simultaneously, targeting different customers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't think it will be announced this year, but rather next year in 2021. I think it will be earlier than mid year, but release next year in the fall. If that isn't correct my next best guess is a release of the following year in either Feb, and or Sept of 2022. However, they may go ahead and announce six months before release to gear up more support for it, rather than a year earlier. I think that sounds more plausable to me. Such as announce early next year and release in fall of next year.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    We have not gotten any information if they will make DLC for the sims4 in 2021, but I assume that they will. The surveys are hinting for maybe one more year of packs.

Now as for when they will announce the sims5, I don't think it sounds unlikely that they might announce that they are working on it next year because next-gen consoles are released by the end of this year and EA would probably want their studios to show what they are working on and I really hope that EA/Maxis will not do what Rockstar are doing and re-releasing their old game for the next-gen consoles... Sims4 for the PS5, no thanks.

But depending on where we will be with the pandemic we might not get an announcement until 2022.

edited July 2020
    logion wrote: »
    We have not gotten any information if they will make DLC for the sims4 in 2021, but I assume that they will. The surveys are hinting for maybe one more year of packs.

February 2020 survey : Winter vacation
    April 2020 survey : American High School, Growing Pains/Life Issues, Cheer and Shopping Malls.

We don't know how long it will take to develop these themes and how many of them.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2020
    logion wrote: »

February 2020 survey : Winter vacation
    April 2020 survey : American High School, Growing Pains/Life Issues, Cheer and Shopping Malls.

We don't know how long it will take to develop these themes and how many of them.

Right, so 2022 seems more likely, however they never ended up making a lot of choices that they had in their older surveys so that could end up in four packs there, or just two.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yeah, I don't see it coming soon at all. I definitely think it's in the making, but with the intricacies of modern gaming, plus the complicated layers of tech required to make a Sims game, I think it will take a while. Maybe we'll see an announcement by end of next year, but it will be premature while the game continues to be developed for another year or two, at least.

Maxis has been saying "more years to come for Sims 4", and I have no reason to doubt that, since the fiscal reports keep saying the revenue is increasing and they just rebranded last year, which is like starting over. They're not going to rush Sims 4 out the door as long as it's bringing in the money. Plus, they're still adding to the Sims 4 team. They just hired at least one new QA person to help iron out the bugs.
    #Team Occult
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    (dangit voted wrong) I see it being announced probably the end of the year...released in mid 2021 personally.

If TS4 is still here 2022, 2023, and 2024.....no thank you..stop dragging out this dead horse.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    (dangit voted wrong) I see it being announced probably the end of the year...released in mid 2021 personally.

If TS4 is still here 2022, 2023, and 2024.....no thank you..stop dragging out this dead horse.

It's not a dead horse though. People are still buying.

It's not a dead horse though. People are still buying.

I mean in core gameplay...it's beginning to break with so much stuff into it.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Just because they announce it, doesn't mean it would be ready anytime within the next year or two. Games often announce and then people wait for 2+ years. (Even longer sometimes *cough* Activision/Blizzard *cough*)

This is pure speculation, but given how things went with TS4 at launch, I wouldn’t be surprised if they approach the next installment with an abundance of caution and don’t announce it at all until it’s much closer to release than has historically been the case.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we all know with certainty about The Sims 5 through industry leaks and obvious preparation a long time before EA officially announces it, and if that announcement came relatively close to release time.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I think Sims 4 will be around until early 2021-MAYBE 2022 IF the weak game engine doesn't break by then. We've STILL got glitches and bugs that haven't even been addressed since launch date. What's the point of keeping Sims 4 around for 3+ more years if bugs will never be addressed and glitches that keep piling on? In the stores,I see people buying all sorts of Sims 3 games,but the Sims 4 games are just sitting there being passed over in favor of Sims 3 and GTA.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    I think Sims 4 will be around until early 2021-MAYBE 2022 IF the weak game engine doesn't break by then. We've STILL got glitches and bugs that haven't even been addressed since launch date. What's the point of keeping Sims 4 around for 3+ more years if bugs will never be addressed and glitches that keep piling on? In the stores,I see people buying all sorts of Sims 3 games,but the Sims 4 games are just sitting there being passed over in favor of Sims 3 and GTA.

This. If they continue to release half-baked content, and add bugs upon bugs...it's crazy to drag this game out for so many years.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    People keep pointing to surveys to prove TS4 is going to go on for at least a few more years past 2020. I wonder sometimes, because I don't remember, if TS3 surveys ever happened or if what was asked late in TS3's life was actually for what people saw in TS4 and never made it into TS3. That would be interesting thread discussion to see if what was asked about TS3 (we presumed at the time) actually wound up in TS4. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

This. If they continue to release half-baked content, and add bugs upon bugs...it's crazy to drag this game out for so many years.

It will worth it if The Sims 5 is the best game ever released. I want to believe that is the reason.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just... Cannot see Sims 5 being announced soon, regardless of whether I or anyone else want it or not. I am not really sure when I would want it. I realize an announcement does not mean they have to release it immediately, but I do think they would be cautious about giving anyone a reason to stop supporting 4. If we are about to ramp up a whole other game, that new pack for the old one is starting to look more expensive.

I do not have a reason to expect it anytime soon other than the time already in 4. Even then, I have seen so much speculation about the Sims 5 being around the corner that it is hard to take it seriously. It'll get here when it gets here.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sim Gurus, Devs & Producers all said not in the near future.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I was torn.. I wouldn't be surprised if mid 2021 there was an announcement but I think more likely end of 2021 - end of 2022
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think it will be announced either by the end of this year or sometime next year with a release date probably next year around November. The game has been in production from at least November of 2017. That's at least when I saw the first online postings for jobs in an unannounced game but it could have started before that. It usually takes between four and five years to complete a sims game. Also, I would take anything sim guru's say with a grain of salt. They wouldn't be able to tell you if the sims 5 was in production and of course they want you to continue buying the sims 4. I would also add that just because the sims 5 is announced doesn't mean they stop making packs for the sims 4.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I wouldnt expect any Sims5 announcement for at least a couple years.