Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Popularity Contest: Which is your favorite neighborhood?

2...Next

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    La Fiesta Tech
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Belladonna Cove, because there's so much flat land and you can also place a lot of beaches. Plus there's a secret tucked away from the camera's reach. Desiderata Valley comes in second.

Pleasantview just has this charm to it...I can't really explain it! Lol! :D Veronaville would be second. They both have a storyline that's "alive" (if you get what I mean). I still play the other hoods, but only Pleasantview gets me super excited every time I think about it!

I get what you mean. Not only the fact that families have memories and have their photo album filled with pictures, but there are also things that happen within first days you play with them (Cassandra getting left by the altar, Mary-Sue getting a chance card that either gets her fired or demoted etc) and wants that roll (Daniel's want to woohoo with the maid etc). Plus Pleasantview is full of drama (there is a huge "love network" where even a maid is involved).

Yep! It's too bad the devs didn't really do all that with the other hoods, but I guess they were trying to leave room for the player to drive the story.

@PhoenixArrande I think the downfall on the quality of premade families/neighborhoods started during Sims 2 expansion pack neighborhoods. In the base game everything is perfect, there's scripted events, they have friends, enemies and lvoers outside their households, etc...
    Then the EP neighborhoods don't have ANY classic premade family from Sims 1 (I WISH the Mashuga's were in Sims 2/3/4, I loooooved that campy family). They could've brought back the Hatfields, the Charmings, the Hicks, the Roomies (lesbian couple?!), the Maximus, the Snooty Patooty, etc...
    Then in Sims 3, most households don't have relationships outside their households, and I think after the 4th world they stopped adding skills, careers, the age is always at the beginning of the bar, they don't know anyone frm other households...
    Then Sims 4... Everyone is a sim fresh out of the CAS (at least Evergreen Harbor seems to add families with relationships outside their households).
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Pleasantview
    Karon wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Belladonna Cove, because there's so much flat land and you can also place a lot of beaches. Plus there's a secret tucked away from the camera's reach. Desiderata Valley comes in second.

Pleasantview just has this charm to it...I can't really explain it! Lol! :D Veronaville would be second. They both have a storyline that's "alive" (if you get what I mean). I still play the other hoods, but only Pleasantview gets me super excited every time I think about it!

I get what you mean. Not only the fact that families have memories and have their photo album filled with pictures, but there are also things that happen within first days you play with them (Cassandra getting left by the altar, Mary-Sue getting a chance card that either gets her fired or demoted etc) and wants that roll (Daniel's want to woohoo with the maid etc). Plus Pleasantview is full of drama (there is a huge "love network" where even a maid is involved).

Yep! It's too bad the devs didn't really do all that with the other hoods, but I guess they were trying to leave room for the player to drive the story.

@PhoenixArrande I think the downfall on the quality of premade families/neighborhoods started during Sims 2 expansion pack neighborhoods. In the base game everything is perfect, there's scripted events, they have friends, enemies and lvoers outside their households, etc...
    Then the EP neighborhoods don't have ANY classic premade family from Sims 1 (I WISH the Mashuga's were in Sims 2/3/4, I loooooved that campy family). They could've brought back the Hatfields, the Charmings, the Hicks, the Roomies (lesbian couple?!), the Maximus, the Snooty Patooty, etc...
    Then in Sims 3, most households don't have relationships outside their households, and I think after the 4th world they stopped adding skills, careers, the age is always at the beginning of the bar, they don't know anyone frm other households...
    Then Sims 4... Everyone is a sim fresh out of the CAS (at least Evergreen Harbor seems to add families with relationships outside their households).

Oh dear i never noticed that it was a pattern except with TS4! I never knew what it was that felt missing, but you just pointed it right out! I loved their Pancakes family trailers/pictures and expected it to be just like that in game. You're right they shouldve added more TS1 families...the Snooty Patooty family is my favorite. I tried making my own version in TS2, but it just isn't the same :cry:

To stay on topic: I forgot to mention that I recently became addicted to the Stories games hoods. Riley Harlow and the gang needs more love! :heart:
    La Fiesta Tech
    @PhoenixArrande Right?!
    Marka93 from MTS built Old Town from SIms 1 in Sims 2 here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/522506/old-town.html
    You can find a sub-hood version here (with/without sims): http://www.modthesims.info/d/523417/9-new-shopping-districts.html

Anyway, I agree with the trailers misleading us. I kinda understand why they don't add scripted events, but this problem could be fixed with a toggle option in the games menu. It's simple as that. Like "Play Worlds like Sims 2" would turn on a rotational styled gameplay, while "Play Worlds like Sims 3" would turn on a story progression styled gameplay... Well, I think they could even add a "Play Worlds like Sims 4" were you can't play rotationally cuz everyone ages at the same time, but you don't have story progression too.

Anyway, I think that Marka93 + a group of other simmers have converted the Stories hoods to Sims 2. Look for Hood Building Group on MTS.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Strangetown

This actually isn't quite true, the Sims 3 worlds have quite a lot of back and forth relationships, but it depends on the world. Some worlds are clearly cranked out quickly under an EA suit's whip, some have a lot of hidden love to them. The two most noteworthy labour of love worlds both came out around the same time; Bridgeport and Barnacle Bay. Yes, Barnacle Bay is often made fun of for being incredibly basic; but it was the first DLC world and a shocking amount of care went into its creation as I found when diving the depths of it. Every single person in the world has a detailed bio, right down to the regular NPCs and even every single ghost in the graveyards. In ANY other world, NPCs will have a blank bio, as they were never really intended to be playable. Now when I play Barnacle Bay, I know the background of every NPC, every Townie, every resident, and it feels more alive that way. It even has a Veronaville-style family feud between the Inkbeards and Goldbeards, and a few links to Sims 2. I really got the feeling the team that made the world really cared about it, even if it did kind of get thrown under a bus by EA with the bizarre forced 'everyone is a celebrity' thing, clearly done to push Late Night. Speaking of, Bridgeport has a similar level of love put into its NPCs and townies; so many of them are unique, and start off with relationships and even family ties to others, something most towns never experimented with. To my immediate memory the only other towns that do this are Starlight Shores, where a teenager lives with his grandmother, and has a townie mother, and Appaloosa Plains, where a guy has a firefighter NPC as his brother, and they absolutely hate each other by default. Later store worlds noticably become less detailed, as they stopped giving anyone personal bios past Lucky Palms, so you end up with people just filling out a family with no real idea of who they are, if the family bio doesnt detail them.

Sims 4 definitely could do better, you had Strangerville where it was shown that a lot of the people knew each other, but none of them do at the start, and stuff like the former Landgraab comedian not actually knowing his ex-family or being related, but in some worlds its better, like Windenburg.
    To stay on topic: I forgot to mention that I recently became addicted to the Stories games hoods. Riley Harlow and the gang needs more love! :heart:
    I enjoy those Stories worlds too, by the time the stories end, you feel you really know most of the residents. I actually recreated all of the playable people from Four Corners in Sims 3 a while back, planning on seeing if I can recreate the story in Sims 3's open world environment later. Still have to make the NPCs and townies though..
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    edited May 2020
    La Fiesta Tech
    Devalaous wrote: »

This actually isn't quite true, the Sims 3 worlds have quite a lot of back and forth relationships, but it depends on the world. Some worlds are clearly cranked out quickly under an EA suit's whip, some have a lot of hidden love to them. The two most noteworthy labour of love worlds both came out around the same time; Bridgeport and Barnacle Bay. Yes, Barnacle Bay is often made fun of for being incredibly basic; but it was the first DLC world and a shocking amount of care went into its creation as I found when diving the depths of it. Every single person in the world has a detailed bio, right down to the regular NPCs and even every single ghost in the graveyards. In ANY other world, NPCs will have a blank bio, as they were never really intended to be playable. Now when I play Barnacle Bay, I know the background of every NPC, every Townie, every resident, and it feels more alive that way. It even has a Veronaville-style family feud between the Inkbeards and Goldbeards, and a few links to Sims 2. I really got the feeling the team that made the world really cared about it, even if it did kind of get thrown under a bus by EA with the bizarre forced 'everyone is a celebrity' thing, clearly done to push Late Night. Speaking of, Bridgeport has a similar level of love put into its NPCs and townies; so many of them are unique, and start off with relationships and even family ties to others, something most towns never experimented with. To my immediate memory the only other towns that do this are Starlight Shores, where a teenager lives with his grandmother, and has a townie mother, and Appaloosa Plains, where a guy has a firefighter NPC as his brother, and they absolutely hate each other by default. Later store worlds noticably become less detailed, as they stopped giving anyone personal bios past Lucky Palms, so you end up with people just filling out a family with no real idea of who they are, if the family bio doesnt detail them.

Sims 4 definitely could do better, you had Strangerville where it was shown that a lot of the people knew each other, but none of them do at the start, and stuff like the former Landgraab comedian not actually knowing his ex-family or being related, but in some worlds its better, like Windenburg.
    I enjoy those Stories worlds too, by the time the stories end, you feel you really know most of the residents. I actually recreated all of the playable people from Four Corners in Sims 3 a while back, planning on seeing if I can recreate the story in Sims 3's open world environment later. Still have to make the NPCs and townies though..

@Devalaous I said MOST households, not all of them. Of course in the first worlds everything was fine, usually, but then you can see how everything got basic with other worlds later on. Some of them even have generic descriptions for all male sims, and for female sims. And, talkign about Barnacle Bay, what's up with the Caliente sisters? Their description says that they came from Pleasantview, but they are younger then in PV. .. Anyway, but I love that they added Alice Gilscabro and a hint that she might've been Goopy's wife at some point. That's the ultimate care for premade sims I wanted in other games, cuz Goopy was just a regular townie from Sims 2. Why they don't use every sim that has existed already instead of forcing thousands and thousands of unknow characters. You know... I like seeing new faces, but this could happen as their lives progresses.
    Sims 1: Daniel is a child
    Sims 3: Daniel married an is on a honeymoon with his new wife, Mary Sue.
    Sims 2: Daniel is an adult now, and has twin daughters ad a family at the edge of failure.
    Sims 4: Lilith and Angela, Daniel's twin daughters are young adults now, living on the university.
    You see? There's new characters to it. Mary Sue wasn't in Sims 1, Lilith and Angela weren't in SIms 1/3, and they are new faces. But being linked to existing families that evolved and got older is so much fun. I probably got more attached to them than if they were daughters to a random couple I've never seen before. Don't get me wrong, I got used to the Pancakes and now I love them, but one or two new households is one thing, entire new worlds with randomies is just... I would've loved to see some families from Barnacle Bay, Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso returning in Sulani, older and with new family members, divorces, marriages, deaths, etc
    Anyway, Girbits Worthington is supposedly the grandfather of Francis J Worthing III from SIms 2, and I actually loved that when they released Starlight Shores.
    Anyway, but when it comes to Sims 4, at least Evergreen Harbor is better at it. Have you seen footage of it on youtube? Knox and Bess are from different households and they HATE eachother. I think the other households are also connected in some way or another. Also, I'm not sure but I think the first time I played with the Pleasant sisters they were actually fighting with eachother. I'm not sure if it was jsut coincidence or what, but I didn't got to play with them after that, I'm kinda bored of Sims 4, and playing more Sims 2 lately.

Oh, and I started building Mesa Flats in SIms 4 a while ago, I'm planning on finishing this project at some point. I'll try to remember you and share a download link or something... I'm not sure if I recreate it before or after the game storyline, tho.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Belladonna Cove
    It's actually Downtown.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2020
    Pleasantview
    I spend a lot of time in Strangetown due to my experiments with alien genetics, but I guess I would say Pleasantview. It's got the "descendants" of the Sims 1 families as well as several well-known townies. Also, I dislike the whole desert thing Strangetown has going on.

My old way of playing The Sims 2, many years ago, was to create a custom hood, but it turns out, custom neighborhoods all use Pleasantview's townies anyway, so. Plus the Goths are classic Sims lore. Who can forget the mystery of Bella Goth's disappearance?
    Post edited by WarGreymon77 on
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2020
    Veronaville
    Unpopular opinion I guess :D But I actually like the premade drama!
    Another unpopular opinion is that Strangetown is my least favourite since I don't really like to have aliens in my game.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited July 2020
    Pleasantview
    I’m commenting because I forgot what I voted for.

Edit: Apparently, I voted for Pleasantview. The irony is that I rarely even play in it; it’s just that I like the characters.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Pleasantview
    I actually really liked all the worlds in Sims 2. So I narrowed it down to Pleasantview because its got a lot of families that I really love who've endured over the years from expansion to expansion, game to game.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Pleasantview
    I started in Pleasantview to learn about the game and quickly moved onto using the terrain templates from Pleasantview,Strangetown and Riverblossom Hills after getting Seasons and eventually getting the entire collection.I play in UC and use blank terrains instead though Strangetown's terrain is used for my BACC in Dodge while Riverblossom Hills is the temaplate for an apocalypse challenge.I Modded the subhood selection so I don't even have to start with BLuewater Village for my first shopping district or the default downtown for my first downtown when adding that.I love the Jankowsky and Hobbs families in Dodge aka Strangetown terrain.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    Pleasantview
    It had to be Pleasantview - The Lore of that Town set the basis for the franchise all that DRAMA :D
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2020
    Strangetown
    Starngetown rules.
    Post edited by BlueSpaarkle on
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿