Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens and formal outfits

I really wish we had prom, or some sort of formal dance. I have a really pretty dress for my teen sim, but I have no purpose for her to wear it. What have you guys had your teens where formal items for? Ideas?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Namely just weddings and parties/events. There really isn't much. Most of my sims never use those outfits unless I suddenly feel fancy. There are some careers where it makes sense in the high levels to randomly change them. Same with the higher celebrity levels (this works more for teens, at least). There are restaurants where you can set the attire to formal, too, but it would be much more useful as an option on other public lots as well. (Maybe a lot trait? I'd like to add it to some museums and lounges, which don't have a lot of gameplay.)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    If you use your imagination, I'm sure you could create your own prom. Throwing a party with only teens on a party lot. Mods would make it easier. You could just summon your teens in. I think if you set the lot type to 'generic' no other sims will show up.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    All of my children wore fancy dresses and suits during their birthday parties, with all but one of these parties ending in Blood kiss (Embrace into vampirism).

GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I just pick styled looks for toddler/child teen, as I don't feel like spending any time creating an outfit that will never be used. I mean...toddler party outfit...? I have not had any use for that since I started playing over 3 years ago.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Those frilly layered minidresses in the base game plus the variations around black tie in a box for the guys works well for me and teen formal events.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    I believe with the club system and "teen hangout" lot trait, you can definitely manufacture your own prom. I haven't tried it but it seems somewhat possible to make a club with the 7 or 8 max club members and go to a teen hangout nightclub and maybe other teens will show up? I don't recall if you can change the clothing to formal as you can do with restaurants so other teens will dress formal wear. Something to experiment with for sure. Maybe I'll experiment with it actually. haha
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    If you use your imagination, I'm sure you could create your own prom. Throwing a party with only teens on a party lot. Mods would make it easier. You could just summon your teens in. I think if you set the lot type to 'generic' no other sims will show up.
    Yes, you could set up the teens with formal wear in a part outfit slot for a dance party. Or, if you have MCCC, you can use the dresser module to change all sims into formal after the party has started. Generic doesn’t work by default for parties though, which is a shame.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I really wish we had prom, or some sort of formal dance. I have a really pretty dress for my teen sim, but I have no purpose for her to wear it. What have you guys had your teens where formal items for? Ideas?

Basically, weddings and eating at fancy restaurants-that’s the only place any of my Sims put on their formal outfits.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I just pick styled looks for toddler/child teen, as I don't feel like spending any time creating an outfit that will never be used. I mean...toddler party outfit...? I have not had any use for that since I started playing over 3 years ago.

Actually if you have the Toddler Stuff pack, they wear their party outfits to play dates. I have CC “school uniforms” that I set every toddler party outfit to so their play dates look like a preschool class.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg