Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusting Concepts

123457...Next

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    faerytech wrote: »
    I definitely have some negative feelings about it... the sims is the last place I want to deal with environmental issues. It's really weird altogether. People have been asking for chickens and cows and whatnot for ages... instead we get cuddly bugs??? The whole N.A.P system seems to be poking fun at certain beliefs, in a really confusing way, it makes me wonder what they were thinking when they created it. Why can you only make soy candles instead of beeswax candles, considering the fact that you have an almost otherwise useless beebox? Wouldn't that make it more useful and desirable? Why the meat wall??? Instead of creating a feature to make synthetic meat in the lab? There are some interesting features but a lot of the choices confuse me and seem almost to be like a spit in the face. "You wanted x feature? Here, we made it for you!" Except that it's all twisted and weird. Dumpster diving was a part of sims 3 and maybe earlier, useful for homeless sims and fine by me.

Hmm...

But you can make candles with beeswax, my sim does them all the time.

Also, consider the implications if you could ONLY make candles out of beeswax. The sims-team would introduce an object in the expansion pack Eco Living that would only function if the player also had the expansion pack Seasons. Otherwise it would just stand there to look pretty. That would not do. Instead they added a way to get wax from an source that came together with the candle-making-station in the same pack and if you happen to have Seasons you can also make candles from beeswax.

Personally, to me as a player all the grime in this pack has been refreshing. I <3 to start off my new sims standing on an empty lot and just seeing how they tackle the challenge. This pack feels like it was made for the rags-to-riches playstyle or challenges. Riches has been pretty well covered with everything from Get Famous and that Vintage Stuff-Pack. It has been great to finally get something on the other side of the spectrum.

However, it doesn't have to be grimy. I like doing survivor-challenges. Plonk a sim down on an empty lot on Windenburg or that perfect little lonely island in Sulani. Then you unlock new items by completing challenges. If you do this then you can have the water-collector. If you do that then you can buy bugs and generate your own power. The items in this pack can be very very versatile. I have had a ton of use out of them and I haven't even turned on the environment-system. Currently I am making an off-the-grid play with my first main spellcaster so I wait the full environment eco footprint deal.

Hmm.... just because the there is the opportunity to play with grime does not mean that it has to be that way. There are objects that collect water or generate power. How that is used in the save is up to the player. You can have the swankiest richie rich that lives in Del Sol who plonks down suncells on the roof just in order to make the bill go down a bit.

If a player likes grime, survival or just being handy and fending for yourself a bit then this pack is a lot of fun. I like making candles, all my own furniture and so on.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Huh true about the fuel. I mean we run our cars on dead dinosaur bones and plankton. So when you run your cars and breath in, yep that is dead dinos you are smelling. If we really thought about everything we do day to day and put a blue light to everything, would be shocking to see where things come from and how dirty our world really is with the covid germs and all.

I'm pretty sure the dead dinosaur thing is a falsehood. It's a common misconception according to many (google it).
    Interesting. Seems like they came from bacteria, swamps, and bogs. https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/explainer-where-fossil-fuels-come Still seems dirtier than the meatless meat wall.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Since this thread was revived in a very unconstructive and trolling/baiting manner, I'm closing it to avoid further bumps as per our forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top