Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-playability?

2...Next

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Also playing with some cc aspirations is also a good way to refresh the game

any good cc aspiration sites to direct me to?

Here are some modders who have updated several aspirations:
    MarlynSims
    KiaraSims
    Ilkavelle

I just wanted to say Thank You! I am also looking for new aspirations and these are gamechanger for me. Thank You Very Much <3

You’re very welcome! Have fun! :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My sim couple has done everything there is to be done for Eco Living. Civil career. Made it to level 10 of crafting career. made candles and fizzy juice up the wahoo. Started in an empty apartment to a container home to a 4 bedroom fully furnished house. They have over $50,000 and living comfortably. I don't know what else to do with them. I'm thinking to start a new save cause I have ideas for other gameplay that don't involve eco living. Has anyone been able to replay Eco? I don't have much desire to keep playing because I don't have a goal. I need a goal. lol

Maybe one wants to be a world-famous fisherman who crafts his own fishing equipment?

What fishing equipment can you craft? I haven't seen anything about crafting fishing equipment. I have been wanting to do the fish collectible but watching your sim fish forever to catch things is quite boring.
    Well... none in real life, just in imagination. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I played the Tinker household and did some of the eco lifestyle play and it was fun the first time but honestly I've kinda lost interest in it now.

The eco footprint always drifts back to neutral no matter what you do and I can't really see the point.

The community spaces are kinda boring.

The bug farm is gross, tedious and I actually deleted it as it seemed quite useless for the family I was playing.

The N.A.P's are actually awful. They could of been great but the stupid ones completely ruin it for me. I've turned off voting for them.

The dumpster interactions for me are a disgusting concept. I used MCCC to turn off all autonomous actions for it.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Marduc_Plays it tickles me when folks equates playing the Sims to playing dolls.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Marduc_Plays it tickles me when folks equates playing the Sims to playing dolls.

Very true. The game takes inspiration from a doll house but isn't supposed to be one. Though the Sims 4 certainly does feel like a lifeless dollhouse.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I dunno I definitely find replayability in most of if not all the packs. Maybe it's my playstyle I dunno. Something like Eco Lifestyle sure getting green would be the "goal" but what about switching it up and getting all the world's to full industrial and then back to green?

Other ideas:

• A house furnished with entirely dumpster dive items.
    • Rags to riches
    • going to all the worlds and adding a themed community space lot. Like if you have vampires adding in a gothic/Victorian themed community space/marketplace/community garden/maker space.
    • Vegan style restaurant with an emphasis on green.
    • Eco friendly retail place focusing on gardening or crafts

I feel there are lots of ideas and concepts to try out and combined with other packs there is still lots of fun to be had 😋

Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Other ideas:

• Rags to riches
    • going to all the worlds and adding a themed community space lot. Like if you have vampires adding in a gothic/Victorian themed community space/marketplace/community garden/maker space.

@Bearpal64 Well that's more building than playing with the Sims. The building part is fun and maybe the gameplay at first but it is lacking so much that you don't wanna play long term.

Also the new Eco footprint feature is very "build mode" based which I find illogical since windows and wallpapers influence the environment too much for some reason.

The gameplay isn't terrible but it's very mediocre to me and I find myself not wanting to go back to the game.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Other ideas:

• Rags to riches

@Bearpal64 Well that's more building than playing with the Sims. The building part is fun and maybe the gameplay at first but it is lacking so much that you don't wanna play long term.

Also the new Eco footprint feature is very "build mode" based which I find illogical since windows and wallpapers influence the environment too much for some reason.

The gameplay isn't terrible but it's very mediocre to me and I find myself not wanting to go back to the game.

They're describing building it, but they actually mean playing those lots though. I'm assuming they didn't mean only building a restaurant or a retail place, but actually letting your sims run around in them. And there is replayability because some of the aspects are from Eco Lifestyle manifested in different ideas from other packs.
    edited July 2020
    @Duvelina okay I get the replayability part now. However personally I do find the building part a lot more fun in the Sims 4. Since the part of playing out your ideas in the actual live mode is kind of a drag to me.
    Nothing special ever happens in actual gameplay and even if you want to play your own ideas often you can't since the mechanics of the game often don't allow and you have to sit there and force yourself to imagine it happened