Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate the sims4 after 5+ years. Would you recommend it to new players?

13...Next

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm enjoying it a lot...

I don't think I would enjoy it as much without mods though. Meaningful Stories, MCCC, NPC Control and Have some Personality please are essential for my enjoyment. I have Slice of Life as well but only keep the basic mod now for the emotional appearances and sims being able to become drunk.

I would totally recommend TS4 if I actually knew anybody that was into life simulation games.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    somewhat enjoyable with mods/cc but still missing a lot
    I do enjoy the game, and I think it's a decent game. It's become a lot better than when it was first released.

However, there is still a lot missing for me. Specifically, things to make the sims more unique, such as attraction, better romance options, zodiac signs, better traits & aspirations, and favorites. I also think a few life stages need work, particularly children and teens, as well as elders.
    They also need to keep working on Emotions to make them better and less shallow. I'm happy they put a timer on the Well Decorated moodlet, and I'm also glad there's a Badly Decorated moodlet now. There headed in the right direction.
    I think they should add some type of story mode.

For now, I think the game is most enjoyable with mods, particularly MC Command Center, Meaningful Stories, some other mods by Sacrificial, and another mod I can't mention ;)
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    It is really hard to vote because I play the game for maybe 2 hours (sometimes longer periods of time) and then won't play again for weeks or months. I also play with mods/cc and the fact that I have to have that to even play the limited amount of time that I do to enjoy it also says to me that it's not worth the money. Before mods, I had literally fallen asleep while playing this game because it's so boring and bare. I would never call a game great that requires modification for me to enjoy it. I should enjoy without the mods and just use those to enhance my game's fun. In short, I don't recommend it. I tell people if they want to play The Sims, play either TS2 or TS3, but don't waste money on TS4.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    With all the mods I use it's quite enjoyable, but still shallow. And I enjoy the building and creating Sims. But I wouldn't actually play it without mods.

I think the big difference between 3 and 4 is 3 needs mods for the game to be playable, but 4 needs mods to be fun.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I am a builder/creator/someone with imagination and its great for that
    While I do play the game for sake of playing it and enjoy it, ultimately it is perfect medium for creativity and story telling. I use it to make my own story (Banner) and to give sims deeper stories and lives. Also, I actively use game changing mods and refuse to play without them. The game is DEFINITELY too expensive, though. It should be half the price and that's a minimum.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2020
    great. I dont even play with mods/cc. I love everything about it.
    I don't use mods and I really like the game so this option is an okay match. To say that I love everything about it is a bit of stretch, because some things could be improved for sure. I could have picked "I am a builder/creator/someone with imagination and its great for that", but that's like two stages down from this and I think the game is better than that. Rating wise I would give it a 5/orange, which is second best but the description doens't match me at all. Very confusing poll.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I like it in the current state, but as it stands, there are still more to be added, and systems that can be overhauled such as personality and whims :)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    okay, but not worth the money (bugs,boring). I play maybe 2h , saw everything and dont bother
    Don't fall for 'statistics' that The Sims 4 does 'so well'. They often aren't picturing what they claim to be. A lot of word playing in marketing, so again.. don't go off statistics.
    Always open your ears around you and hear what real players are saying, not what the company itself states or paid/rewarded influencers.
    What you see on the forums, social media comments covered under the risen up pro comments that you find there if you don't look a little further, you will see that The Sims 4 is definitely the worst game. Why? Cause the franchise took a complete turn to serve an agenda and it shows A LOT. So much more than previous games.
    Fans and the community are being ignored. The only attention it seems to get is whenever it serves the company well enough along with their own motives. Important features, fixes and content do not matter to them and they hold all the strings to make it appear as however they desire.

I would never recommend this game to anyone and I have not. I always start off with how they ruined The Sims. Even after 6 years, it is is bad, boring and soo lacking. With this game they are forcing a certain view on us of the world which isn't our reality at all. And if you think about the fact that it is 6 years and still we don't have so many basic features, does not really make it better than the first stage where you could somehow have more sympathy for missing features. The longer this goes on, the worse it actually gets.

Not sure what this vote stands for as it looks like I played the game just a bit and then did never bother anymore which would be odd. I play it, but it is bad and full of emptiness. I play The Sims, cause I grew up with it, but its sad to feel that even that is slowly dying inside of me.

I feel the exact same way. I don't listen to statistics , because I feel EA stretches the truth a wee bit.
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    okay, but not worth the money (bugs,boring). I play maybe 2h , saw everything and dont bother
    It took me sometime to get use to it because I still enjoy Sims 3, but I am enjoying it more now. My only issue is that I run into bugs more. That's very annoying.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    It's getting worse and worse now for me in terms of gameplay and new packs they're adding.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    @DeKay

Who is that in your signature? I must know!!!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay

Who is that in your signature? I must know!!!

Jeff Ward who plays Deke on Agents of SHIELD.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not really sure how to answer I think it's a great game if you are a creative storyteller as I see myself mostly. I think it's good if you aren't very creative because I can still play it when I'm feeling blah and not very creative at all and still be amused. I also usually play without mods and cc and have a lot of fun.... but can also have a lot of fun with some mods installed when I want to play it differently... soo yeah no direct answer here except that I enjoy it personally.

I usually recommend it to people that I think will enjoy the sims... so basically it's not something that comes up unless I know someone and their habits and interests a little bit at least. Then I know simmers that might not have every pack but we still have fun sims convos about mostly our favorite experiences with the sims (any iteration) and I'll often talk up Sims 4 and what fun I'm having.
    egTcBMc.png