Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some features from other games you wish were in Ts2?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Whether it is PC games, mobile or console.

Correct me if these are in a Sims 2 Expansion I do not have yet!

If you know of a good mod that may support these ideas or someone elses' comment, feel free to share them.

☆ Breastfeeding!! I love that you can do that in TS4. It is so touching. Also taking a pregnancy test and becoming sad if it is negative. I think this would work well for a family sim, but can be a bad memory for a romance sim.

☆ Moodlets from TS3. I think it would make sims more dynamic! The personalities are already great, but I like how moodlets describe EXACTLY how your specific sim feels about something. You can assume why your sim is doing something in TS2, for example shy sims will dance much more discreetly. This is of course because they are shy. Moodlets with descriptions can explain why. While I do like exploring actions and seeing why one sim does something one way and another does it differently without it being spelled out to me, there are other benefits to moodlets too.

For example, in TS2 i dont bother brushing my sims teeth or grooming in the mirror. I dont know if it adds a hygiene boosts or not, but if it does its a negligible amount. With a moodlet, it tells me that my sims feel fresh from doing so and adds a boost to their happiness in TS3. The offside to this though is if I add too many "happy boosting" actions it can end up like TS4, where if you drink enough juice or something you will stop being sad when your dad dies. But I think if the boost is small enough it will not change. But I dont want the emotion system from TS4, and in TS2 when a mate cheats or dies they will randomly cry anyway with a thought bubble showing the deceased or cheating, so we do not need an emotion system anyways.

Even moodlets that do nothing, like the "its dark" moodlet when you have no lights does no positive or negative to needs, but I like seeing how my sims feel about it.

☆ Id like to see some traits reworked as quirks or characteristics. I don't think traits should replace the personality system. They are not deep/dynamic enough. But I think they should be added. For example, being a vegetarian is NOT a personality. But I think it should work as a quirk/trait, still allowing your sim to have a specific diet. You could have 2 or 3 options like that to add to your sim that doesnt affect their personality per say but specific to a sim. "Traits" like being a vegetarian, technophobe, never nude, loves the heat, likes dogs, hates art etc. They alone are not enough for a personality but are good for adding details to a sim.

What are your ideas?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sims 4 Club System, Calendar System, Vampire/Spellcaster power/weaknesses tree...
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    From Sims 3 Generations I would have loved to see Sims ask For their partners hand in marriage from their parents, Kids pulling pranks, kids having a treehouse, teens going to prom, parents going on the free vacation and then the teens having a party. From Sims 4 Toddler Stuff Toddlers being able to do play dates with other toddlers, playing with toys and what not. Also I wouldn't have mind seeing the Parenthood pack in Sims 2 it would have been very good for sims with the family aspiration.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I'm thinking about it, moodlets could be good but I think Sims in the Sims 2 already have a lot of (hidden) personality. The only thing I miss from Sims 4 when I'm playing 2 is the graphics.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2020
    The house rating from TS1. Also... the Newbies alive :(
  • EdoodEdood Posts: 4 New Member
    Here's a mod for breastfeeding, if you want.
    http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/thread-1247.html
  • EdoodEdood Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Edood said:
    > Here's a mod for breastfeeding, if you want.
    > http://www.🌺🌺🌺🌺/mybb/thread-1247.html

ew, it was censored.
    the flowers = "lee fish . nl" (without the spaces or the quotation marks)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    For some reason, I liked the budget panel that opens up in The Sims 1 when you click on the household funds.
    Would be great to see it again. Would be great in The Sims 2...
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One of the biggest features I wished was in Sims 2 is the ability to have the sim I'm playing vist other sim's homes.
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    The ability to have my sims listen to their MP3 players like in the Sims 4 mostly because it's useful to have as it does boost my teens' fun need while doing homewors
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    A few things, I wish I could have in TS2 the Sim sit down while using a phone and or cellphone. And a menu so I could find my objects easier because sometimes, I over look stuff in buymode especially with a lot of cc in game. I would like to be able to type in something and have the game search it for me inside my game. MISC can get huge. :p

But I have mods for almost anything I felt was ignored. Like sit anywhere while drinking from a bar or watch TV from any seat in the room instead of directly facing a TV etc. Those are great mods. ETA: So is sleep on any lot and skill on any lot, townies will also gain skills if they use something that offers a skill. So is the mod to add more walkbys and cars passing the lot. It's almost as immersive as open world. The cars are the best since it makes it feel like a busy city at your Sim house.

I wanted the ablity to visit neighbors in TS2 but with a mod to control the other Sim visiting and then switch and play that Sim while on my lot it's no longer that important to me. lol Just have to remember they will age on my lot if still there at 6 and will run off to work if I'm controlling them on my lot (or even a community lot) if I don't stop right before due to go to work and there is a risk I break relationship memory system if I do this too often. lol

And with another one:

With Sim Blender (a plant) on any lot I can fix just about anything or do anything.

Yes, brushing teeth and washing face add about 3 points to fix hygiene. Also so do better sinks. Why have a cheap sink that only has 2 points if you wash your Sim's hands if you can have a 6 point sink. :D And the AL mirror is very handy when you don't have room to add another full bath. So, if the other one is occupied you can revert to the mirror and fix a dirty Sim and not have to wait on the shower. Base game 'gussy up' also adds hygiene points if no sink.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • thesimmers340thesimmers340 Posts: 21 Member
    i wish there was ability to come to my neighbours as easily as in the sims 3
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ougonmusou wrote: »
    The ability to have my sims listen to their MP3 players like in the Sims 4 mostly because it's useful to have as it does boost my teens' fun need while doing homewors

There are mp3 players in TS2:University but you cannot listen to them and do actions at the same time
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2020
    Travel between worlds.
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    Ougonmusou wrote: »

There are mp3 players in TS2:University but you cannot listen to them and do actions at the same time

I know which is why I kind of want it as a feature. It just sucks that they aren't able to multitask with it. Oh well at least the sims animations when using them is pretty funny
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2020
    I eventually stopped giving my sims the MP3 players and handhelds as they would bust them out at the most random times, and it took so long to put the things away. Now I typically only have them on people that they 'fit', like handhelds on gamer career/gaming hobby sims, or children.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    edited May 2020
    I forgot one I wish I really could do and that is take babies, toddler to community lots. In Pleasantview (I think it's that base game town) there are changing tables in a community bathroom on one of the grocery store or general store lots. Why didn't they do that? and let us take babies to commmunity lots since they put those changing tables in the basegame bathrooms. Also, one more thing I really wish I could do is send kids out on their own to my parks and fishing spots and theaters I built. (Leave home lot without somone else going with them).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    Visiting neighbors and other parts of the city like you can in TS3 would be nice. I have found it can be SO HARD to get them to cross paths with a specific Sim when I want them to meet each other in TS2. Unless there is something I am missing, between keeping an eye out on who goes by the house, and seeing who is available to chat with on the computer, it can take days, and quite honestly is a little bit of a pain in the a$$. (In Sim time, of course..lol)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
    edited June 2020
    I have several mods that allow for things other games do allow. Like sleep on park benches, lol. Sleep on any community lot.
    Sit anywhere while having a drink. If I remove the stools at a bar and add tables to a bar then it looks much better for Sims to be seated while at tables having a drink. This in turn allows for more conversation while they are seated having a drink, near each other instead of at the bar.

Something that annoys me about TS2 is when seated at a bar my Sims will get up and switch stools if there is another one. That had to be stopped by getting the mod to allow to sit anywhere (usually they pick the best, most comfy chair at a table). And of course if not enough stools at bar they chose to stand so I had to get the mod to sit anywhere while having a drink.

Another mod that allows me to call over any Sim in game is good to have when you just can't find the Sim you need your Sim to interact with at any given point in time. Like filling a want to talk see someone. lol But I normally don't have that problem as I play on rotation and I send most of Sims to community lots and those will be the Sims that show up the next time usually so not too hard to find someone when playing on rotations.

There is a want in the game that doesn't get filled sometimes, and that is talk. Well, many interactions is talking but unless you pick chat it may not count. I'm like good grief you just told a joke to them, that is talking.... That gets annoying, so yeah, another mod for that. lol

But on point, I was building a train the other day in TS2. But I couldn't shape the roof of the engine the way it needs to be rounded. So, I was sitting there wishing a modder had created a way for me to manipulate the curve of a roof like the sliders we have in Ts4. I really like those features to pull a roof. I really need that for TS2. The point places so I can round it more etc. That is something I do like about TS4. Really, really wish a modder would do that for us in TS2. ETA: Because after all these years, I can't remember CokeBuilder's instructions of how to curve a very narrow roof.

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    BABIES. TS2 has the best babies and the game is literally 15 years old. It’s ridiculous

Story progression/household aging. If TS2 had this, I’d never touch another Sims game tbh lol.

Attraction system. Such an amazing addition to the game that adds more uniqueness and individuality to sims.

This one may be weird, but I really miss the story option from TS2. You could just put some pix together, add some words and directly upload it to TS2 website. Those were the days.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2020
    Open carreers :) probably the most missing item I missed.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Moodlets
    Travel to friends' homes
    Disable aging checkbox (I am always leery of the cheat)
    Enter CAS after creation of sim through cheat
    Some multi tasking
    Remove the point-quota from the personality system
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    Honestly, using the in-game delete options without corrupting everything would be nice.

Oh, also a less bespoke graphics system so the game doesn't constantly revert to 'no graphics card' settings, forcing me to apply the graphics patch again. Could even improve performance or add interesting shaders easier with that.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Being able to delete tombstones without consequences
    To change neighborhoods without corrupting my game
    To play with premade families without fear of messing up
    Multitasking
    S3/S4 vampires and other supernaturals
    S4 toddlers
    CASt
    Separate shoes, makeup and hats
    Tattoos and body hair
    Being able to change lifespan
    Sims 4 aging system
    Online dating
    Teen-only households
    YA being able to have children
    To plan social events in advance (calendar)
    Open worlds
    Swimming in the ocean/underwater and scuba diving skill
    Houseboats
    Buying books (skills, toddlers and homework) and filling up empty bookcases
    Open classrooms
    Skyscrapers
    Romance aspiration was done better in S3/S4 (I don't want every romance sims to be cheaters). S2 aspirations are too broad (I think S3/S4 aspirations went in the right direction even if it's still imperfect). Same thing for traits and skill system (too little to choose from in S2). Choosing a sim's favorite color, music, zodiac sign etc.
    Whoohoo at home without the other lover somehow noticing despite not being in the same room
    Imaginary friends
    Building skills while on the community lots
    Children/toddlers being able to roam outside after 6PM
    Kids being able to go on community lots alone
    Clubs system
    Festivals

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I don't want the TS2 to become TS3 or TS4. A few features but never a lot. Never.
  • NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    1) Sims 4 time and needs match when on a community lot. Go to a lot in Sims 2. You see time moving forward. You see your needs going down. Go home. Time is the exact same when you left, but your needs aren't. This makes absolutely ZERO sense. Why have time not exist, but needs do, when on other lots besides the home?

2) Calendar. As annoying as it is to constantly have to remake my calendar on every new save, I still really like the fact that it exists. I also like the random little events it pops up, like the lotto or tv premier, ect. It really does add a more realistic aspect to the game, also great ways to get the family together for important events.

3) More outfit slots in CAF. I like having the option of making multiple outfits off the start like in Sims 4. I just don't like seeing my Sims wear the same outfits every single day, because it makes me believe that they literally never wash their clothes which is pretty disgusting.

4) Neighborhood zone to roam. Sims 3's worst thing was the open world because that caused the majority of the problems in game. Sims 4's neighborhood zone gives a little freedom by allowing you to roam outside your home lot, but doesn't render in other homes or lots to cause major lag issues. Sims 2 feels super alone and empty because you can't really see any of the neighborhood existing. You'll have a few Sims pass down your street sometimes, but it doesn't really feel as realistic as it could.

5) And lastly, Sims 3 traits. The Sims 4 traits are useless. Sims are all the same in it. But in Sims 3, there were a lot more traits to make a more unique Sim. It also added in a great roleplay aspect by helping you properly define your Sim with traits, and building your story around that.