Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

marriage phone call

I enjoyed the marriage phone call to get your inheritance but my new sim (different save) got the call when he's already married. I wish the phone call could be tailored to the sim...like they had to get a divorce to get the money.

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    You can also click “ask about conditions” and you get 2500 simoleons.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    yup, I've learned that. :)
  • klattipklattip Posts: 20 Member
    I got it for a teenage sim and was obviously unable to marry her off so that was frustrating
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've also gotten that call when my sim was already married, and happily so. Divorce would be out of the question.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had this call 3 times. The first 2 times i asked for the conditions and got 2500. Last time i've decided to accept, got married and got a notification saying that i did it but only got 2500 anyway...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Oh, that's one I haven't experienced. Is this Eco Living exclusive, or did it come with the patch?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Oh, that's one I haven't experienced. Is this Eco Living exclusive, or did it come with the patch?

I think devs said that it's EL exclusive.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Does it only happen if your Sim is in Evergreen Harbor? Or does it happen in other worlds as well? Going to be a while before any of my Sims live there.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have seen this blip on video but have yet to encounter it. It makes me curious and I certainly welcome it, but I wonder just how often and how it triggers.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    What marriage phone call?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait I want to know about that to what marriage call?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    Wait I want to know about that to what marriage call?

This only happens if you have Eco Lifestyle. Your sim could get a phone call that their long lost relative died and left them an inheritance. If you agree to accept the inheritance, the stipualtion is that you have to get married in 7 days to get the money.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    klattip wrote: »
    I got it for a teenage sim and was obviously unable to marry her off so that was frustrating
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've also gotten that call when my sim was already married, and happily so. Divorce would be out of the question.

This needs to be tuned up in a patch.

Does it only happen if your Sim is in Evergreen Harbor? Or does it happen in other worlds as well? Going to be a while before any of my Sims live there.

No. It happened with my sim living in Windenburg. You do need to have the Eco Lifestyle pack.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    What might enliven things is if a sim appropirate to your sim's gender preference showed up at the door with the same information and said sim was the one to be married to. A variation on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker in TS2.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Oh. When I saw this thread, I thought it was talking about the marriage phone call from a friend who asks your sim's advice because they were just proposed to. I got that call yesterday and was surprised. The choices were like: say yes, say no, and 'what do you want to do?'

She got mad at my answer and chewed me out, lol. The new phone calls are pretty neat.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    My Sim is in College and her Mom called saying she wanted to see her. You can choose:
    1) I will visit tomorrow
    2) Why don’t you come visit now
    3) I am super busy....

I choose the first one and the next day I went to my sims parents house and talked to the mom and got a cute message about how I visited like I said I would and that I was such a good kid!

Love the phone calls!
    After the most recent patch my sim got married and received more than 19000 simoleons! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    After the most recent patch my sim got married and received more than 19000 simoleons! :)

What a wedding gift! That's awesome! And congratulations to your newlywed Sims. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

What a wedding gift! That's awesome! And congratulations to your newlywed Sims. :)

Thank you <3
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I got the marriage phone call recently, but my Sim had terrible luck and kept finding noncommittal Sims or having bad dates that tanked the relationship score. :D Needless to say, she didn't get married in time.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve had the marriage call with three different Sims now! The first two successfully married other Sims. The first got nothing (pre-patch), the second received a large amount of money, and the third asked about conditions.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Do married sims get the marriage call?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Do married sims get the marriage call?

I’ve heard that they do, although only my single Sims have gotten it so far.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: