Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item(s) is banned from your sims home?

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Dolls House and toddler high chairs... They make my head want to explode!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I have a growing pit-list of items I want to throw off of penthouse balconies.

1. The talking toilet. Why do Sims gravitate to it? I put it in a community lot once just to see how it turned out, and most of the guests were crowding each other out to get into the bathroom and wedge into the stall to talk to the thing. I haven't seen one since. Can I punch it in its electronic smile?

2. Pools. Ever since Seasons came, I hate them. I hate them because Sims have no sense of weather logic and love to go swimming in midwinter for hours. I've started building fences around them and sticking lily pads in there and turning them into giant, man-made ponds. Congratulations, Sims! Here's a large, useless body of water!

3. The high chair. Tried it once. I'm all set. I'm not a masochist.

4. The gaming rig. It's too big, it's too boring, and it's too appealing to Sims. It's really just a giant PC trying to lock in my Sims' attention for all eternity.

5. The clay. Sims won't put it down. Ever. For crying out loud, it's just clay. IT'S JUST...CLAY. *sob*

6. Dollhouses. I'm so, SO, SO sick of these things being either repetitively destroyed, or being the focus of every childish Sim's whole life. One plays with it, the other destroys it, the next rebuilds it. Sim destroys it again. I replace it. Then it's a race to see Sim 1 and Sim 2 rush to the dollhouse, one trying to play, one trying to break it. Stop it! Stop the madness!

7. Toy boxes. God forbid I have a few toys up on shelves once in a while because some Sim is going to come along first thing and "clean it up" by putting it back into the box. I put it on the shelf for a reason! Now I have empty shelves!

8. Any inferior cat litter pan. I only use the top quality automatic one now. Those other ones seem broken and constantly dirty. Well, no more! It's the litter zapper for you, Fluffy! And you too, Mittens! And also you Mayor Whiskers, Gingerbeans, Bootieshoes, and Scrumdiddlyumptious!

9. Coffee/Tea/Espresso machines. Why sleep at all when Sims can just drink caffeine at all hours and run to the bathroom every 87 minutes?

10. Bars. I really want to have bars around. I really do. But my Dracula's Bride #1 and founding family parents would not stop making drinks. It was out of control. This goes for the booze globe, too. Did they think there was a party? Were they serving Ghosts? Or do they just need AA?

Items on probation:

1. Televisions. I have taken to hiding the TVs in pubs because it makes Sims ignore each other. Also, they are banned from bedrooms. (Not the Sims, the televisions. Sims should never ignore each other in the bedroom. *wink, wink*)

2. Tents. I don't know what the draw is, but my Sims gravitate to any tent that's on a residential lot as a bed. I might have to limit them to use only in Selvadorada (or Granite Falls). I don't know what they keep in there that's so dang fascinating. Maybe some rare breed of bug, hitchhiking from the last getaway... or maybe Sims just like to pretend they're in a fort.

3. Radios/stereos. My gloomy loner got his dance skill maxed out just because I had a stereo in the living room. I had to cheat him back down. Also, Sims have no sense of efficiency if there is one in the bedroom. They'll just jump into bed, thinking they can sleep, wake up, wander around, jump back into bed, wake up, stand around, get back in bed, etc. Turn off the radio, man!

4. Guitars and Violins. I love playing musicians, but my non-musicians will randomly pick up someone else's instrument and play badly without a care in the world, then put it down somewhere preposterous. Hey rock star...keep it in your inventory, will you?!

5. Mirrors. Suddenly, after Discover University, every young Sim wants to go "research and debate" in the mirror for no reason. Even the ones who never intend to set foot on a podium or classroom. Seriously, who are you talking to?! Why are you arguing with yourself? I didn't give you the Erratic trait!

I'm sure there are a few items I'm not thinking of at the moment. No doubt I'm in for a jolting reminder next time I choose a random household to play.
    #Team Occult
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Nothing yet as i havent noticed them develop an opssession with a specific item, but i am only playing with the base game currently and i am sure that might happen once i add more fun items through packs. Their most used item is the tv currently but it is not like i gave them other options to distract themselves with.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited June 2020
    Coffee machines they constantly make coffee all the time and then it goes off and they don’t clean it. It’s as bad as them drinking water. I want to try the tea brewer but I’m worried it will be like coffee machines. Also high chairs too I used them once and never again my toddlers were nearly taken away due to them.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    pet's toyboxes cause they move on their own (they always change their orientation idk why...)
    clay (yuck!)
    highchairs

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The gaming rig, why do my sims have that but not a freaking small telescope.
    That huge telescope
    The big bulky kid toy houses, and the ones from toddler stuff.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I banned bikes, the gaming rig, the globe bar, highchairs and the parenthood board. I do not buy clay or the cube thing for my Sims. I have my Sims place earbuds in the world and then I delete them.

One time after an update when mods were out of my game and I did not use cheats I banned bikes forever. My Sim rode their bike into the bathroom, got stuck, wet himself and then died of embarrassment in the first 15 minutes of game play in a new save. lol I dislike all bikes.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The Cupcake Machine and the Observatories. They are just to....Big
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Voodoo Doll and future cube. They are both so boring with gameplay and honestly offer nothing different than other items and supernaturals do. Cupcake machine and observatories I don't use too much because the size of them don't fit most lots. I don't use the candy bowl or pumpkin carving station. I can't stand the talking toilet or karaoke machine at home lots. The hamster cage I admit I don't use a lot either and expected gameplay for them to be more interesting. Sometimes I have to ban the ice cream and popcorn machine because Sims don't want to eat their meals when it is around.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    The doll houses! They’re outrageously huge and every sim is constantly trying to play dolls. All time time, no matter what. They will never give up their quest to sit and play dolls by themselves. It bothers me because its not like they do it when theres nothing else to do, they will cancel cued actions I’ve set to go and play dolls instead. Fine then, go pee yourself and pass out from exhaustion all because you had to play dolls! Lol
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Computers. I’m playing a pre-computer era, so it’s nice not to have sims or their guests on the computer all the time.

Radios. I only get radios out if I want them to use them. I like having deco radios instead.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    High chairs are the only item I can think of that's been banned outright. I'm sure there must be something else, but I can't think what it would be at the moment.

I was going to say the cowplant, but I do grow one to fulfill the Freelance Botanist aspiration (then delete it) and sometimes I'll grow one and let it die to use as decoration. I've also had to grow one for a challenge goal. Otherwise, I never, ever grow them.

Others are banned from gameplay but used in builds for challenges such as the microwave and coffee maker.

Lastly, a few items are banned if the household has full autonomy such as; pools, fitness equipment for active elder Sims, and unfortunately, displaying autographed celebrity portraits. Sims are obsessed with clapping, cheering and fist pumping for them. Anybody else notice that? It's ridiculous! :D
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    There's a few.
    Televisions
    Modelling Clay
    High Chairs
    and in some Computers.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Washer and dryer. I thought they would be a fun addition but man, are they tedious. My Sims generate laundry like crazy and I have to tell them to do the laundry, put it in the washing machine and then they start to walk away so I have to tell them to start the washer. Then tell them to move the laundry to the dryer, and start the dryer before they start to walk away AGAIN. Oh, and I forgot to tell them to clean the lint tray so there's a fire that will kill them and burn down the house. Every. Single. Time.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I actually enjoy most of the things people have mentioned. The talking toilet is one of my favorite items, lol. But highchairs are banned from my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Nothing is expressly banned from their homes, but some things would have to have a really good reason to be there like the observatory or the rock climbing equipment. That being said, I nearly confiscated the ice cream maker from a sim who would eat nothing but icecream.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    All bars. They don't stop drinking, and it costs a lot.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Washers and dryers, dishwashers are rare in my game too, ice cream machines, popcorn poppers.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    two things

icecream maker (all my sims go zombie around it) and clown picture (I am terrified of clowns)
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    That modeling clay for sure. Where do they get it from? I mean it's great for selling for simoleons but it just regenerates.

It's that and the fact that they keep wanting to exercise - who does situps in the middle of the bathroom floor just at random? I send them to eat - nope - they set the food down, work out and then look at me with that gesture that says "I'm starving".

I am tempted to let them lol
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I love the gaming rig. I turned autonomy off for it and so Sims only use it when I direct them to. Fun fills up very fast with it.

Do share the secret :)

@SelinaKyles I agree. I miss us having our small little telescope. This one we have now is just too big. I only have one now because im trying to collect my space prints.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    One time after an update when mods were out of my game and I did not use cheats I banned bikes forever. My Sim rode their bike into the bathroom, got stuck, wet himself and then died of embarrassment in the first 15 minutes of game play in a new save. lol I dislike all bikes.

This made me laugh so hard I almost wet myself! Thanks for the morning cheer.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    @AnnLee87 I'm with you on those bikes, Sims ride them inside public buildings and park them in the way. They clip through objects constantly and they are so unnecessary. My sim just went to uni at Foxbury, bikes are useless there. What was the point, besides another supposed new gameplay item that is really just annoying?
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited June 2020
    Cupcake machine, microscope, telescope, high chair, talkie toilet, all for obvious reasons. Coffee and tea maker and bar stay in inventory and come out when needed.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs