The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco footprint always decaying to neutral

2...Next

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also I've found my world just randomly goes green sometimes, it'll be at neutral with 15% green and then I'll just get a pop-up saying the world is now green and it'll all be green out of nowhere
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hi @ScarletQueenKat
    First of all, many thanks for taking your time doing mods and helping a lot of simmers 🙏🙏
    I've been using your no decay mod for a few time. Before i installed the mod i cheated some neighbourhoods to industrial state. I haven't played on those neighbourhoods but after about 4 sim's weeks my unplayed and unvisited neighbourhoods went all back to neutral. I have no idea if this was your intention. I just throught that it might be nice to offer my feedback.
    What i really wanted to happen in my game is that i could cheat some neighbourhoods into industrial and then just completelly pause it and it would never change.
    Am i doing something wrong? Is this achiveable throught your mod?
    Again, many many thanks for your work!
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hi @ScarletQueenKat
    First of all, many thanks for taking your time doing mods and helping a lot of simmers 🙏🙏
    I've been using your no decay mod for a few time. Before i installed the mod i cheated some neighbourhoods to industrial state. I haven't played on those neighbourhoods but after about 4 sim's weeks my unplayed and unvisited neighbourhoods went all back to neutral. I have no idea if this was your intention. I just throught that it might be nice to offer my feedback.
    What i really wanted to happen in my game is that i could cheat some neighbourhoods into industrial and then just completelly pause it and it would never change.
    Am i doing something wrong? Is this achiveable throught your mod?
    Again, many many thanks for your work!

Hi @telmarina

My mod is supposed to prevent it from moving, so that shouldn't have happened. Do you have any other mods? There is another mod that influences the Eco Footprints (it's not allowed to be discussed here though). So, if you have that, it may have caused it to move because it would override mine.

EA made this system a lot more complicated then they should have.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    @ScarletQueenKat i only have 2 more mods: one to only use names in english (my game isn't in english but i prefer sim's names to be in english) and other to reduce university credits per degree.
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    @ScarletQueenKat i only have 2 more mods: one to only use names in english (my game isn't in english but i prefer sim's names to be in english) and other to reduce university credits per degree.

@telmarina I don't know then. It shouldn't be decaying at all. Considering all of the comments in this thread stating they can't get it to change even when trying, then it's a mystery.

I'm very close to just scrapping it because it's not worth the headache and trouble. This is supposed to be a simple quick tuning mod but the way EA made this Eco footprint system is a complete mess.

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thanks guys! Think I understand it a little bit better now. Will look into my lots again.
    edited June 2020
    Hey everyone, so when I originally created No Eco Footprint Decay that's been mentioned here, my testers and I believed that we could still influence the meter through normal gameplay. However, with the current system that EA set, it’s just not possible to do this and have no decay. Through script mods, probably, but I’m still a scripting noob.

So, today I just added a new version in which I included a decay override of 0 to kick in once it reaches the halfway point for both Green and Industrial:

SemiNoEcoFootprintDecay – Decays as normal so you can influence it through normal gameplay. However, this version locks the footprint meter once you get it at least halfway to Industrial or Green. Use this if you don’t want to use cheats to influence your Eco Footprint meter, but also don’t want to lose all the hard work you put into changing the footprint.

So, hopefully this new version is a happy medium.
    @ScarletQueenKat thank you.

Anyway i just want to say that your first flavour of the mod is doing it for me. I do have to cheat neighbourhoods back to industrial after 4 or 5 weeks, but is small work and im getting what i wanted for my game with your mod.

Many thanks!
  • raysims3raysims3 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @EliasLayous12 said:
    > A lot of us are having this issue, eco footprint goes back to neutral no matter what you do!! Like it's literally impossible to get my eco footprint to green in my game, no matter how many green lots you have in the neighborhood. Has anyone found a way to get to green without any cheats? am I missing something?

I'm having trouble with voting from mailboxes; that part of the gameplay won't work at all... 😡
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The footprint decays no matter what state you are in. It's very annoying as it could be a great aspect to the game.
  • Casey_VicCasey_Vic Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm struggling with this issue too!
    I'm also having a hard time getting the apartment building in Evergreen Harbor to have a green footprint. I changed all interior floors/walls to the eco friendly material, removed all light fixtures and swapped with candles, and selected all off the grid friendly appliances, and the footprint is still neutral. Any ideas?