Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims constantly dancing AT THE SPA

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't think this is a bug but it's ridiculously annoying. I bought Spa Day a week ago and every time I've been to any of the spas all the NPC sims spend their entire time dancing to the atmospheric spa music! It's infuriating. This is the spa not the club 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

rpkZ1JF.png

It's just so annoying and ruins the realism, it seems like all of the npcs are programmed to run straight to the speaker, nobody is using any of the spa facilities they just spend the entire time dancing. I even downloaded the "no autonomous dancing" mod to try and stop them but alas, the spa disco goes on.

These sims were even dancing in the sauna!!!

iEvV8gj.png

Other times my sim was trying to have a nice relaxing yoga class and townies just ran to the speaker at the front and started dancing. It's endless!
Seriously, though this should be tweaked out because it's just plain stupid. It's a spa not a club

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I know it's not a real 'solution' but you can't get rid of the speakers?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I thought they could not dance to the New Age music, but it looks like they can now? I'm not sure if they changed that? I don't remember them doing that before when spa day was out.

As a solution, try bienchen's dancingtweak mod.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I thought they could not dance to the New Age music, but it looks like they can now? I'm not sure if they changed that? I don't remember them doing that before when spa day was out.

As a solution, try bienchen's dancingtweak mod.

Yeah, it seems like they do now for some reason :# It probably got broken in an update and never got fixed
    Thanks for that mod though! Seems to have turned it off straight away
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sims haven't been in a spa for a long time but back then when i used to send them there often nobody danced. All sims were using the spa facilities.
    Well now one more bug from the latest patch? Oh god!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    My sims have become addicted to dancing. They're constantly turning on the stereo and dancing. It's so annoying. When the stereos broke, I just left them broken because I was so sick of them dancing.
    My sims also dance at the restaurant to the wall speakers.
    I also think the Dance Machine Trait makes them autonomously dance without music.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    I made a spa in Sulani yesterday and I only saw a sim dancing autonomously to a DJ booth. In the spa massage room I added the island speakers and nobody was dancing there. They didn't even use the TV and game console autonomously, just stuck to spa activities. I see your sims are in the sauna but no one changed into a towel and there seems to be no bartender on your bar. Maybe there is something wrong with the setup of your sauna or you need to add more spa activity objects so sims use them instead of the other fun objects. Or it could be some mods conflict. You can check out my spa on the gallery, see if it runs differently in your game.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DE08D150B8E111EA85E09BE9EBD29134?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Today i played a sim that spent a day at the spa and nobody danced. Everyone was enjoying the spa's activities.

Maybe there's something like traits or naps or whatever that is making it happen in your game...?
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I never add any kind of music player in any of my Sims' homes because I can't stand my sims continually dancing. This means that I, myself, can't listen to any background music in my live game, which is a pity.