Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod to remove ugly MAC makeup?

ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
Hi, I don't mind some of the MAC stuff, but oh boy howdy some of it is ugggglllyyy (or ok, might be fine at a rave but looks ridiculously out of place when sims are wearins schlubby home style clothing!) Does anyone know if there's a mod yet to remove them?

cheers!

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    It is rather ugly, Lol. Luckily I have no more random townies generating in my game now thanks to the NPC Control mod.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    logion wrote: »

Thank you so much! I promise I did google for it, I just clearly didn't do a good job :)

Good point this person has: MAC being animal-testing makeup, I didn't actually know that! All the more reason to remove it from my game!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    Zorga wrote: »

Thank you so much! I promise I did google for it, I just clearly didn't do a good job :)

Good point this person has: MAC being animal-testing makeup, I didn't actually know that! All the more reason to remove it from my game!

You are not the only one, a lot of people have pointed that out. Especially on twitter. Gamechangers also pointed out how weird looking the makeup is. Maxis never responded on the animal-testing critique, but they did post more on twitter that the makeup was actually designed by someone from MAC...

I think they should make updates like these optional, they should at least don't enable them for random on generated sims. The townie generator is messed up enough as it is.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    The blusher is great, the rest is a bit garish, but it was FREE guys, really???
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member

Thank you! I love that its split up, because I actually wanted to keep the blushes and lipsticks. The rest...ugh...I really can't see any of my sims ever using that stuff, but of course, I constantly see it on randomly generated townies. WHY can they NOT disable it for randoms??!?! The amount of mods I've gotten just to get rid of ridiculous stuff in this game....
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Apparently I can use MCCC to disallow CAS items. I don't know exactly how to do it yet. Last night I started a new save in summer and the townies made before Seasons went nuts with the new makeup. So I did some research. I read and watched a videos about using MCCC to disallow CAS items and will try it when I play later because I don't want to add another mod at this time.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Zorga wrote: »

MAC itself is cruelty-free, the issue is that in order to sell in China they are subject to the Chinese government's policy of safety testing on animals.