Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, @suzses, I do agree with @seaben that it's an absolutely gorgeous build. Thanks for sharing it.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I am finishing up on my Resort.

I got it in - in the 330,000's right under the 350,000 budget.

Got to Sim test & make the Album..
    106494692_2748499612036779_7706291653320471882_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=tqsiTy3g2wAAX84jH1k&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=14cc3e1d3955337d521963a3e40694ce&oe=5F2042EC
    106205469_2748499778703429_5292539204477923201_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=61UPDpJi_K8AX-14dpj&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=4ab511b5d305db7d7397fcaaaee2a8d4&oe=5F20BA41
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    i have to make an album as well @Pinkusfamily mine is 300,000 simleons it was my first time ever loading up starlight shores sense i got it last year :#:pB)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Pinkusfamily Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the rest.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #227 - Oceanside Resort
    NAME: seaben
    LINK TO LOT:https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9400523
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://seabensims.wordpress.com/227-starlight-hotel/
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: i will have my legacy sims come here not sure if i will post pics on the forums though
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 75 los suenos strip in starlight shores it costs about 300,000 simloens
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: i have detailed description on my blog/media also im using word press for now so i can organiz things bedder plus have the download link after pictures
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: someone please tell me how to make real builds yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:i didnt use cc in this build
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    edited June 2020
    I think your resort turned out well @seaben. It is very nicely decorated.

@Pinkusfamily - your teaser pics look great!
    Thanks @ciane but if you had to change one thing what would it be ?
    edited July 2020
    Personally, I thought the blue color was out of place amid the rest of the brown and creme. So, I would have changed the color from blue to creme. (The blue is gorgeous. I just like the green and red with the brown and creme more.)
    Yeah thanks for the advice I worked on this for a week and each day I had different colors in mind next time I'll try to stay consistent lol
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    I’ve worked on this build all month, was about to take my pictures and post it but my laptop overheated and cut off. Now I’m 30 min into an origin update 😭😭 with no end in sight at only an hour before the deadline. That’s what I get for taking it to the last possible second when I know my internet is sorry.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #227 - Oceanside Resort
    NAME: PINKUSFAMILY
    LINK TO LOT:Hot Springs Hotel & Resort
    LINK TO MEDIA: Hot Springs Hotel & Resort Album
    LEVEL: beginner
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 64 x 64 -45 Lupin Lane in Aurora Skies , $ 336,634
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Right up against the Hot Springs of Aurora Skies . 45 Lupin Lane, Aurora Skies. An 8 room Resort. 3 rooms with 1 double bed, 3 rooms with 2 double beds & 2 Suites. ( small living room & kitchen ) Come enjoy a drink at the Bar or coffee at the coffee shoppe. Get a Massage after your work out at the gym. Out side take a dip in the Pool or even better yet the Hot Tub.. Small Park for the young ones too ! A Resort that the Whole Family can enjoy . ( Originally made to be 4 and 4 as far as rooms, But being afraid of over budgeting- I used the Hidden room marker from BuyDeBug to hide the 4th room. And I must say I think it turned out well- My first time using that & Building a Resort in about 3 years )
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No cc. Store items
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

106294969_2749276551959085_8208914455120388889_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=_CL5EAJDjvEAX8O8Aau&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=ab23834c4881348e403308d8b2c5f108&oe=5F22B5C1

79728453_2749132498640157_3691562243465540363_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=HsaAqb18cScAX86Q0mE&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=cb94ffb37b03dbff3d1cec703d5bdf33&oe=5F2339F4
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I’ve worked on this build all month, was about to take my pictures and post it but my laptop overheated and cut off. Now I’m 30 min into an origin update 😭😭 with no end in sight at only an hour before the deadline. That’s what I get for taking it to the last possible second when I know my internet is sorry.

Will one day's extension of the deadline be long enough for you to get your entry in? :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS227 Oceanside Resort is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Will one day's extension of the deadline be long enough for you to get your entry in? :)

Yes! I can’t figure out how to get the link for the gallery post, when I go to the gallery from my browser it just brings up the page with nothing on it so if anyone has some insight into what I’m doing wrong please help! Tonight I just want to throw this laptop!
    edited July 2020
    yIIQfTi.png

You look out the studio window and sigh. It’s been cloudy for five days straight now. Even the rich mug of hot chocolate that Rose made for you isn’t helping to lift your spirits. Speaking of Rose, she pokes her head into your office and says brightly, “Your next clients are here!”

In walk Hannah and Reginald Gray. As you shake hands and exchange pleasantries about the dull weather, you notice the Jamaican lilt in Reginald’s voice. Hannah, with her gorgeous long auburn hair, is a little harder to place. Germany? Denmark? They are both dressed all in black like the most sophisticated urban dwellers, yet their high spirits light up the room. You know from a brief background check that Reginald is the creative genius behind CouchPotato.com, an online food delivery service that is sweeping the country, and Hannah is the chief food critic for the Bridgeport Times.

“We are so happy to finally meet you!” Hannah exclaims. “Doug Curtis told us about you and we knew you would be perfect for our project!”

“I should hire Doug for my PR!” you laugh. “Now, how may I help you?”

Reginald takes over. “We love Bridgeport, but we’re looking to relocate to Sunset Valley. We’re kind of tired of apartment living, you see.”

“Okay. So what did you have in mind?”

Reginald and Hannah look at each other like guilty children and then break out laughing. Hannah continues, “We’d like a two-bedroom, two bathroom house—not very big. We don’t want a huge lot to take care of. But… here’s the kicker… We’d like everything to be in black and white and shades of gray.”

“Everything?” you say, surprised.

“Well, we’re okay with green plants,” Reginald answers, “but we prefer white flowers.” Hannah nods in agreement. They both look at you as if they expect you to throw them out the door!

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” you say with a big smile. You continue to discuss lot availability, budget and other requirements, and as the couple leaves, your mind is already bright with ideas and possibilities.

THE BRIEF:

20 x 30 or 30 x20 lot in Sunset Valley
    Master bedroom
    Guest bedroom
    2 full bathrooms
    Usual kitchen, living and dining areas
    Office with computer
    Small pool (outdoors)
    Architecture/Interior style: the Grays have always tended toward modern, but are willing to accept any sophisticated interior style—as long as everything is in black and white and shades of gray! Green plants and white flowers are okay, and that goes for the landscaping, too: only green plants, white flowers, and outdoor building materials in black, white and shades of gray.

BUDGET: The Grays are very wealthy and have said, “The sky’s the limit!”, but let’s see if we can build them their dream home for §150,000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

Sim Challenge: Create the Grays along with all their traits and lifetime wishes.

The deadline for this challenge is Friday, July 31st, 2020 , no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I like the new twist! I love moderns and grays by the water. I will definitely play around with this!

Good luck getting things sorted out @linzlulubell! Maybe you just need to refresh/reset your browser.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member

Yes! I can’t figure out how to get the link for the gallery post, when I go to the gallery from my browser it just brings up the page with nothing on it so if anyone has some insight into what I’m doing wrong please help! Tonight I just want to throw this laptop!

Where are you hosting your pictures?
    I've finished and just need to play test and upgrade now. I recolored everything I could, but some things don't recolor. How picky are the black and white and shades of gray on non-recolorable deco items?

Where are you hosting your pictures?

Oh no! This was supposed the be on the BnS for 4! So I probably didn’t get the actual extension for that contest.

All is good @linzlulubell your entry is valid :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Certainly interested in attempting this challenge. Like @ciane I am wondering how strict the black and white and shades of gray on deco items that can't be recolored like paintings and such. Also, will these be judged?

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Hannah and Reginald Gray and show them living in their new home (or alternatively, if you don’t do the build challenge, enjoying a night on the town—any town in your game!). Their aspirations and traits are entirely up to you!
    Are you sure you didn't make a mistake @buildnshare about the sim challenge I ask because aspirations are 2 and 4 thing and I also would like to know how strict the colors are because of paintings and other objects that can't be recolored
    @seaben - I think aspirations can be looked at as a synonym for the life time wish.

I was thinking of the soap dispenser and tooth brushes and cabinetry items too!
    i thought so to @ciane but i wanted to double check because of 4
    seaben wrote: »

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Hannah and Reginald Gray and show them living in their new home (or alternatively, if you don’t do the build challenge, enjoying a night on the town—any town in your game!). Their aspirations and traits are entirely up to you!
    Are you sure you didn't make a mistake @buildnshare about the sim challenge I ask because aspirations are 2 and 4 thing and I also would like to know how strict the colors are because of paintings and other objects that can't be recolored

I apologize for the confusion. This challenge was originally written for Sims4 and incorrectly edited for Sims3. It has been updated to show the proper details for sims 3.

Also yes you can use decor in other colors if you need to.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top