Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone seen this? *Take it with a grain of salt*

https://gizmoblaze.com/2020/06/27/sims-5-the-veil-of-the-thrilling-mystery-is-going-to-be-uplifted-soon/

**Again it's not official, and I am not claiming it is, I am just wanting to share**

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Highly doubt, looks like one of those clickbait “info” sites. Besides their EAPlay event just passed, they wouldn’t have passed up to the opportunity to show it there. Take it with a grain of salt
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Highly doubt, looks like one of those clickbait “info” sites. Besides their EAPlay event just passed, they wouldn’t have passed up to the opportunity to show it there. Take it with a grain of salt

True. But it makes me wonder, since there has been an awful lot of people making articles saying TS5 is coming, you can't help but think it may soon ya know?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't think TS5 will be revealed anytime soon.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

Me neither, I think the Sims 5 won't be released before fall 2022 (maybe 2023 because of pandemic delays).
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    https://gizmoblaze.com/2020/06/27/sims-5-the-veil-of-the-thrilling-mystery-is-going-to-be-uplifted-soon/

**Again it's not official, and I am not claiming it is, I am just wanting to share**

This artical is very vague, and click baity.
  • Options

I disagree, I still think they will soon. It's high time for them to.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I agree with KaeChan-it's time for EA to move on from Sims 4. Hopefully,Sims 5 will be revealed later this year or early next year.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020

This is based upon a thought you have though. There has been no confirmation or announcement of anything. The theme of the new TS4 game pack hasn't even been announced yet. It's highly unlikely TS5 would come soon. Not announcing it at their own event kind of confirmed that one.

Sure, you can want TS5 and think it's high time for them to move on, but there are no signs which point in that direction yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »

This is based upon a thought you have though. There has been no confirmation or announcement of anything. The theme of the new TS4 game pack hasn't even been announced yet. It's highly unlikely TS5 would come soon. Not announcing it at their own event kind of confirmed that one.

Sure, you can want TS5 and think it's high time for them to move on, but there are no signs which point in that direction yet.

...do you have to be so rude? There are more evidence that they might be revealing soon, hiring for different positions etc.

Again I am NOT saying this is official , this is just speculation.
  • Options
    I agree with KaeChan-it's time for EA to move on from Sims 4. Hopefully,Sims 5 will be revealed later this year or early next year.

Glad someone agrees :(.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I couldn't read it, it kept crashing my browser. I may have filters that prevent me from seeing it due to some sort of code my pc doesn't like.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I couldn't read it, it kept crashing my browser. I may have filters that prevent me from seeing it due to some sort of code my pc doesn't like.

Basically a article saying the TS5 would be announced soon. But people have pointed out it is sketchy and clickbaiting, I never said it was official I just wanted to show (as another article to come out recently saying the same)...it's pure speculation. But I am afraid people didn't think this thread was just that.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited June 2020

Not taking into account that the first image is evidence of a very bad Photoshop job and that the article is written by someone with poor writing skills, it's true that hints have been offered by EA's CEO Andrew Wilson about the content of a new Sims game.

Although I wouldn't interpret this write-up as anything reliable as it is clearly used as a click bait mechanism.
  • Options

Not taking into account that the first image is evidence of a very bad Photoshop job and that the article is written by someone with poor writing skills, it's true that hints have been offered by EA's CEO Andrew Wilson about the content of a new Sims game.

Although I wouldn't interpret this write-up as anything reliable as it is clearly used as a click bait mechanism.

Yes very true.
    I just, find it odd that more (even awful clickbating articles) have made another article about TS5 being announced soon....I can't help but think it may be soon regardless, plus the fact it's time for one.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

...do you have to be so rude? There are more evidence that they might be revealing soon, hiring for different positions etc.

Besides the fact I wasn't being rude but pointing out that you hadn't shown any actual evidence to say TS5 is coming, maybe it helps if you line up all of the existing evidence, without any speculation, that TS5 is coming. That would make for a convincing argument and might sway some people. I haven't seen such evidence yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I'm not sure why you believe @Duvelina is being rude.

Wanting something is one thing and other people can agree with those wants. But where there is no official announcement one can want all they want and speculation is just speculation.

By the end of 2018 EA began recruiting character modelers, a general manager and software engineers for a new game in the sims franchise.
    Even if production was set in full motion back then, game development would not be at its final stages yet as it can take up to 5 years to develop a PC game.
  • Options

I'm not sure why you believe @Duvelina is being rude.

Wanting something is one thing and other people can agree with those wants. But where there is no official announcement one can want all they want and speculation is just speculation.

By the end of 2018 EA began recruiting character modelers, a general manager and software engineers for a new game in the sims franchise.
    Even if production was set in full motion back then, game development would not be at its final stages yet as it can take up to 5 years to develop a PC game.

I just found it rude saying it was "based on what I said" I am not the only one that believes this...I just found it rude to group me together like that.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    may i suggest and pretty sure 100% that @KaeChan2089 will agreet to this as well that you look at this cnn news article https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    may i suggest and pretty sure 100% that @KaeChan2089 will agreet to this as well that you look at this cnn news article https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

Okay, sure. But this has literally just come out, right? If he states it's in a pre-production phase right now, the game might not come out for two to three more years at least.
  • Options
    @Duvelina wrote: »

Okay, sure. But this has literally just come out, right? If he states it's in a pre-production phase right now, the game might not come out for two to three more years at least.

The article is from January. I've posted the link in another thread before.
    You're right, if the game is currently in pre, it will not be released anytime soon.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Ah, I see. Thank you. I assumed Q3 FY20 meant it just happened.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hadn't seen it, but I personally can't see a TS5 even being hinted at until maybe 2 years from now.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hadn't seen it, but I personally can't see a TS5 even being hinted at until maybe 2 years from now.

Oh dear...really? ^^; I personally don't want to wait that long, with having TS4 more shallow half-baked content for another 2 years...no thanks...;-;...This game needs a core gameplay overhaul plus another tons of stuff, and way more bug fixes to where I can tolerate it. But if none of those above aren't gonna happen, this wait gonna be long and upsetting. I am more than ready for a brand new game where EA can take feedback from TS4 and reapply and make a WAY more better game with TS5. And IF future packs are gonna be a buggy mess like Eco Living is now...yeah...no thank you.

I'm getting tired...
    I know a lot of people are too.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I just found it rude saying it was "based on what I said" I am not the only one that believes this...I just found it rude to group me together like that.

I think there's a misunderstanding. This is how I read it:

@catloverplayer wrote:

You answered:

@Duvelina answered:
    This is based upon a thought you have though.

I believe Duvelina is trying to say that your disagreement about TS5 not coming out soon is based on your thoughts or believes that 'It's high time for them to' (announce or release TS5).
    Those thoughts or feelings of disagreement are not based on solid evidence, but rather on something that you hope for.

I don't regard that comment as being rude.
    The only evidence that we have is an article on EA's CEO talking about the pre-production stage and possible content of a new sims game.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    In the meantime,I'll be playing older Sims games while waiting to see what Paradox Studios will have to offer. And I really don;t think the Sims 4 engine is going to last another 2-3 years...seeing all the bug/glitch reports piling on could be a sign that the Sims 4 engine is finally starting to die.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?