Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humorous Anecdotes

I often used to post in a similar thread, but before somebody blasts me for necro-posting, I'll start anew. Did something funny happen in your game today. Tell everybody about it.

I'm running an over-stuffed household, with three different couple adventuring in three different countries. My China couple had a errand to run before leaving. While I was waiting for that to finish, one of the Egyptian couple was offered the 'opportunity' to take a photo of "The Dragon Cave". This was about half an hour, Sims time, before departing. I added her to the travel group, when the time came. As soon as He returned, he got this message: "John Simian cannot complete the opportunity The Dragon Cave because one of the targets is no longer available." This is less than a Sims hour after the offer was made. I can see it when an adventurer returns to a partially finished quest and the one who offered has passed away (they age while we are away) but THIS was ridiculous. At least he found 2 Zodiac Animals while digging around waiting to come home with the rest.

Comments

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    There's a recent thread for posting funny screenshots, not stories though necessarily, if that helps. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/856672/funny-sims-3-screenshots#latest
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2020
    My dog just had 4 puppies. How sweet. She had to go upstairs to have them for some reason. Of course the puppies can't go down the stairs. I sent a sim home to pick each one up, carry them downstairs, and put them down. He kept wanting to put them down at the top of the stairs for some reason. It took forever.

I have one child about to age up and she has an "After School Reward Ceremony". There are three other teen and two more children. I'm collecting everybody near the school so they will be able to attend the ceremony. Four friends came home with them today. Except, they didn't come home with the friends. The friends came to a nearly empty house with only the one sim moving puppies about, 4 puppies and two adult dogs. Once Dad was finished ferrying the puppies downstairs, he headed off to the Ceremony.

The friends seemed to like the puppies (not enough to take them home with them), picked them up and carried them around. All four puppies ended up back upstairs. ARRRGHH!!! :)

p.s. - the maid won't leave the chew toys out. I've pulled them out three times today.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
    I have two Sims who joined the Law Enforcement career path. SHE joined one day before he did. SHE has been getting most of the opportunities for "Improved career performance" and "Improved relationship with boss". He was just promoted to Lieutenant while She remains a Patrol Officer. Is it me, or is this wrong?
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Sim started the adventure "Tombs: When Not to Raid" where you get Singed, Soaked and Cursed. He made it through Abu Simbel on the last trip, but neither of the Mummies there cursed him. No problem, there are a bunch more inside the Sphinx. He had the wish to master athletic, so he jogged up there to complete it, then did a lap around the Sphinx, because he didn't quite finish. He was up to level 6 Martial Arts as well. He defeated all the Mummies in the Violet Dive Well room. I didn't want him to. He needed to get Cursed. He and his partner have already finished the "Trapped Basement", and "Tomb of the Rock". I think I'm out of Mummies. This trip is almost over. His sister just picked up the "Dragon Cave Keystone". Maybe he can get cursed in China.

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    You should cheat his skills back down to low if you want him to get Cursed. Once he's in the higher athletic skills, it's much less likely that the sim will get cursed. If it helps, you don't need that Opportunity at all if you're simply looking for all the relics and special items associated with World Adventures.
  • BlondePumpkinBlondePumpkin Posts: 93 Member
    Apparently the sims in my town have a thing for throwing up on dates. The townie my sim was dating went to the summer festival with her and after a hot dog eating contest I went to interact with him. He was in the bathroom throwing up. My sim rolled a wish to propose to him. As part of that date, I had them go to the fall festival because the weather was finally nice. After going through the spooky house my sim threw up. The best part was, she was next to another sim who was thoroughly grossed out.
    edited July 2020
    I had a teen who asked someone on a date after school. I gave him some introductory interactions to start with. While I was checking out what was happening with the rest of my overstuffed household, he decided to go home. I cycled back to him on his way home and sent him back to the date, who, thankfully was still there. As soon as they started interacting again, a nearby Sim was visited by the Grim Reaper. Yes, they died and everybody around the lot was in mourning mode. By then it was too late to continue, so I ended the date and sent him home. Apparently, it was a 'Great Date'. No romantic interactions because he didn't have time to do so. Go figure.
    I'm busy getting everybody off to bed, including the baby being put in the swing on low speed. I often use fast for brief periods, but bedtime is not a good time for that. If you've tried, you know what I mean. Anyway about the time the last Sim is climbing into bed, they all climbed out again, reacting to Noisy Sim. The baby was screaming from being nauseous from the fast swing. Apparently, I missed somebody switching it to fast while I was busy with everybody else. Since they were all still in their bedrooms, and a long way from the nursery, I cheated and <Ctrl>+clicked the nauseous moodlet to remove it and sent everybody back to bed. I figured that would suffice, since that afternoon, somebody else switched it to fast and I left it there and she didn't get nauseous and seemed to quite enjoy the thrill of it. Not this time. As soon as every body was back in bed, she started screaming again.
    My Sim started the adventure "Tombs: When Not to Raid" where you get Singed, Soaked and Cursed. . . . His sister just picked up the "Dragon Cave Keystone". Maybe he can get cursed in China.

Well, his sister travelled to china, upped her martial arts to 10, broke a space rock, etc, but didn't quite get to meet Dong Huo. No problem, her brother, who needed to get cursed forgot to come. He came along on the next trip. They worked together to find Dong Huo's hideaway. He was starving and exhausted but he thrashed the first mummy. He was still Athletic=10 and Martial Arts=6. The second mummy would have nothing to do with him but did hunt out the sister who was Athletic=10 and Martial Arts=10, rested and fed. The mummy thrashed her and left her unconscious. It would have been truly ironic if she had been cursed, but she wasn't. She did trounce Dong Huo when he emerged. But the brother still didn't get cursed. I think there is still one mummy left in the great pyramid. I'll have to remember to cheat his skills down before that encounter.
    edited July 2020
    I see that the name of the Evil Chinese Cursed Warlord of the past has been replaced by flowers. That was not my doing. I hadn't even considered that his name would be a problem. I'll have to assume you know whom I am referring to.
    edited July 2020
    Still trying to get cursed. He just met Chathsshalam Custerolopoli on the upper floor of the Great Pyramid. I'd dropped his athletic skill ten down to six. He hasn't been practising SimFu so he's still at level six there too. He whooped another Mummy. What does a guy have to do to get cursed by a Mummy.

I have to cancel the adventure. I think I'm out of Mummys.

update:
    I'm not out of Mummys. Threre are two more in the 'Den of Lost Souls' at the end of the The Great Pyramid. Too bad my sim has already moved on.

another update:
    I was positive I'd finished "Trapped at Home", but it just came up on the adventure board. I know there are two more Mummys down below there.
    I cancelled the adventure, sent him back to basecamp for rest and recovery. Checking for new adventures, which one came up first? You guessed it. "Tombs: When Not to Raid". :s
    edited July 2020
    another update:
    I was positive I'd finished "Trapped at Home", but it just came up on the adventure board. I know there are two more Mummys down below there.

If you've been following this, my Sim had the Adventure, "Tombs: When Not to Raid" where you get Singed, Soaked and Cursed. He got Singed, and Soaked, but kept beating up the Mummys. I thought I had run out. I found a few more. His wife found two of them in the trapped basement. She beat the first one but the second one cursed her. At least somebody was finally cursed.

P.S. I've used Debug Enabler to move the dust pile remains to the family inventory. I'm going to take them out when I get home, have a scientist analyze them and try to clone them. I wonder what will happen.

Update:
    While she is getting cleansed in the Soulpeace Chamber, he again is offered "Tombs: When Not to Raid". I'm positive there are no Mummys left to curse him, but I've thought that before. If he had made it to the adventure board while she was on her way to the basement, I would have taken it. Since he passed on the tombs, at least he found something new I haven't seen before. "In Search of My Sought Treasure" where he has to find the 'Statue of Forgetfulness'
    P.S. I've used Debug Enabler to move the dust pile remains to the family inventory. I'm going to take them out when I get home, have a scientist analyze them and try to clone them. I wonder what will happen.

Very disappointing. The ash piles came home with my sims, and I put them out on the floor. The scientist (level 10) only has the option to clean up. :(
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2020
    Phil, my insane sim, given the task to repair an advanced dish-washer...got himself electrocuted...and singed. I tell him to go downstairs and go work on some nanites after taking a shower. What pops up in his little wish queue next? To repair the same friggin' dishwasher that zapped his heinie. Stupid sim!
    letsrepairagain.jpg
    Phil: "It didn't work the first time...let's try it again..." :neutral:

heresyoursign.gif
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    I'm positive there are no Mummys left to curse him, but I've thought that before.

Back to the sim trying to get cursed. I came across another Mummy. His Brother-In-Law, husband of the sister that took on the un-namable (here anyway) Evil Chinese Cursed Warlord, just came across Shashataa Nardonilia in the First Emperor's Inner Chamber. He had level 10 athletic and was just shy of level 10 Martial Arts. Of course he was cursed. :s

Okay. Back to the Sim who couldn't get cursed. Yes, again. I started a new game because there were things about that world that I didn't like, but I started with the same family. I think his 'Athletic' trait was a problem before so this time I switched opportunities. He's on the Anti-MorcuCorp series and was just sent "Into The Fire". While there he did the side trip to explore 'Tomb of the Rock' and get "Proof of Mummification" that his wife will probably need somewhere along the line. She just finished 'Tomb tours' and will take on "Tombs: When Not to Raid" if it is available, others if not. When reporting in, she was just too late to purchase any Mummy Snacks. The special merchant quit for the night right after her 'Charming Introduction'. Anyway, while checking out the sarcophagus, what happened. I'm sure you can guess. He's up to level 6 athletic (I made the whole family obese [maxed] to watch them work it off) but nobody has been to China to pick up the Sim Fu book so his Martial Arts is at zero.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I married a Sim Man from China and sent my sim to Egypt without her husband and for some reason he was there as a tourist at basecamp hitting on other women in his pajamas no less!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I married a Sim Man from China and sent my sim to Egypt without her husband and for some reason he was there as a tourist at basecamp hitting on other women in his pajamas no less!

That's Awesome ...
    With any luck you'll have enough time to make it home, kick him out of the house, sell it,
    put everything else he owns on sale at the consignments store
    and make enough to buy a nice home in France, before he ever figures anything out ... <3

Good Luck In Your Endeavors
    Party ... Your House in Champs les Sims ... I'm Not Missing it!

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't think we're being told the entire story here. For a start, how did the other women get into his pajamas? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't think we're being told the entire story here. For a start, how did the other women get into his pajamas? :p

Come on @igazor ... You know dang well there is a mod for that* ... :D

*brought to you by Estwing Wafflehead E3-S roofing hatchet.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    When she left it was 5am and he was still in bed hence the pajamas. I think he was there because he was from China. the game seemed confused about his last name ( he took hers ) because it showed his old last name. I have noticed that people you’re really good friends with from other countries tend to spawn as NPC tourists.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    igazor wrote: »

When Igazor looks into a mirror, he sees this: :D

groucho-marx-04.jpg

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2020
    Actually, I'm more likely to see Harpo. But I'm just glad to see there is someone out there who understands the power of a dangling participle (or whatever that was). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net