Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Birthday party - compliment the birthday sim

Stupid question but one of the mini goal for having a birthday party is compliment the birthday sim 4 times. Could someone please advise how that is achieveable?
There's option for congratulate and also compliment outfit but neither seems to be the required action. Please help.

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't remember seeing that requirement on any of my parties (and I got them all gold multiple times). Also I don't remember I've ever seen "compliment sim" in my chat options.

But the task is always general, for example if a task is tell a joke, you can tell any joke.
    in this case any chatty compliment option should be correct. Compliment outfit, flatter, express admiration and such should do. Try them all, I seriously didn't have this task on my parties so can't help more.

EDIT:
    Oops, compliment outfit doesn't work? Then IMO it's a bug.
  • klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    I had three parties so far & they all ask for that as mini goals. Just my luck. :( Because of that, I keep missing out on gold medal.
    Have anyone else got this action and know the fix?
  • DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    I created a guide about parties, maybe you can prepare some of the additional goals. The additional goals varies each time you trow a party. http://sims-online.com/sims-4-social-events-throwing-party/
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
    Yep, already read the guide you've posted before I post my thread. Your guide is good but it's kinda a general guide. Not what actions you need to do to complete each of the mini-games when you hold the event. Thanks for the guide though. :)
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Compliment Outfit and Heartfelt Compliment both work.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    compliment appearance or compliment outfit has worked for me
    That's so weird. Have tried Compliment Outfit numerous times to no effect. Will try Heart Compliment & Compliment Appearance next time. BTW, can't remember but are those 2 options under Friendly?
    Heartfelt compliment is under friendly. I think complement appearance and outfit are under romantic (I THINK; it's still early, need moar coffee), so I try to avoid that one except for Sims involved with each other.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    I've never had any luck with "Compliment Outfit" counting toward the goal, but the other "Compliment X" (Heartfelt Compliment, Compliment Appearance, etc.) options have worked for me.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • TarrasqueTarrasque Posts: 11 New Member
    Heartfelt Compliment (which you can use under Friendly while you have the Happy emotion) works best. The other two never worked for me.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I have a question! I haven't tried this myself but I wanted to know how would this task work if I am controlling a one Sim household. Y'know, since he/she can't compliment him/herself?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    you also have "Compliment outfit" that you have to have charisma skill to use and is under "Friendly".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    > @renzilla said:
    > I have a question! I haven't tried this myself but I wanted to know how would this task work if I am controlling a one Sim household. Y'know, since he/she can't compliment him/herself?

I'm having the same problem with one of the household I play which only have 1 sim too. They should really do something about that mini-goal. In previous sims games, there was a mod to let you control other sims who came from other households to your house. If EA don't fix that bug, maybe we just have to hope for a mod like that.
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    When you hover over the goal it should say what you should do to complete it.
    For a single Sim, maybe a work-around would be to have a friend (preferably with family) host the birthday party.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Wait a minute... The actual goal is to earn gold on a party? In this case bday?

Cmon. Do what I did.
    Easiest and longest (time) social events are - dates.
    Second easiest social events are dinners (buy a bar and a radio, put them in the kitchen*!).
    You'll earn gold every single time you do them (unless, well, maid comes and throws the perfect food in the trashcan).

Set your sim to do party monster (okay... animal) aspiration.
    It's a bit grindy, but you know the drill. When it asks for soc. events, do dates. When it says throw a pary or attend a party, do dinners.
    To get gold on dinners, you may leave one task unfulfilled before calling for meal, otherwise it'll be just silver.
    All social events you can end before the timer expires (just click on that timer), so when the aspiration says throw a party, just throw it and then end it. Don't waste time on it! Do the whole party only when it states to make it silver or gold.
    In no time you'll receive a trait that allows you to skip a few steps in other party types and still earn gold!

To sum it up. In the end you have:
    - a trait that earns you gold on any party although you skip a few minitasks not just one
    - a crapload of items you earned from gold dates and gold dinners (house/lot inventory, sell for nice cash)

Finally I did all that with a household of two sims. It'd be easier with a household of three sims (one host and two guests on dinners). It's near impossible with a household where only one sim lives. Sims 4 is not ment for soloing.
    I created a guide about parties, maybe you can prepare some of the additional goals. The additional goals varies each time you trow a party. http://sims-online.com/sims-4-social-events-throwing-party/
    Didn't see this before, sadly... I wish I did when I was struggling with parties. :(
    Nice guide nevertheless, thumb up!

*dinner gold earning kitchen looks like this in my game, on the bottom right is the fireplace, other stuff is pretty obvious:
    kitchen.jpg
    Post edited by JoxerTM22 on
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    I was aging up a kiddo. Had this goal to compliment. No options appeared whatsoever to compliment anything, from three different adult sims. Drank some Happiness potions, twice, by each adult and the kid. Only one adult once turned happy, the others remained the mood they were in. The one who turned happy changed emotions too quickly again to see if any option to compliment anything came up under the Friendly menu.
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Wow, so many necro'ed threads around at the moment :o
  • ChloeBakuChloeBaku Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same issue. So it wasn't until my third kid that I figured this out (a lot longer than it should have; to be fair the first 2 were twins though). I aged my young girl into a teen with plenty of time left of the party, and as she was still the birthday girl even as a new teen I could now compliment her if that makes sense. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out for the twins.