Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item(s) is banned from your sims home?

I think I did this year ago and it still stands...that gaming rig. The sims will constantly play like dude go eat and leave that thing alone.

Also that board that came with the parenthood where the sims gather around it day. Not sure if they fixed it but nope. Banned.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    oh and please do not me forget molding clay...need I say more
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    Yep, the Gaming Rig, had it in my first household, then into the inventory it went, never to make a reappearance!
    Recently - a composting toilet! An inspector can stare and make as many notes as they like, I do want to think about bursting into flames in the bathroom!
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    From gameplay perspective it is washing machines of all kinds. Laundry is just never ever done and not due to lack of trying. As for other items - well, molding clay is a given, but otherwise nothing much. Even the gaming rig has it's place in my home, for it keeps guests in one place. I'd say that there is a variant of this for me, though - there is one item that is present in my home, but always stays OFF. Yep, the musical system.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    Stereos because the endless dancing drives me insane. They don't even dance like normal people would. It's to weird for me. I give them the Lin-z thing instead because they don't seem to use it automatically which means I decide when they can dance. :D
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    The bar because my sims will always make drinks when I didn't want them to
    SvgJRlK.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I love the gaming rig. I turned autonomy off for it and so Sims only use it when I direct them to. Fun fills up very fast with it.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    The lump of clay like you said. The doll house because the kids CONSTANTLY ask the parents to play. Toys in general, kids will do anything to play with them.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Toddler high chairs.

After I read about the flaming composting toilet I put mine in the garden. Satisfies the inspector and my Sims never use it.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    High chairs.

The only time I've ever had a toddler removed by social services, was starved because the parents wouldn't get it together and one kept taking the kid out while the other was trying to feed them. Even in a one parent house hold I never bother anymore either. More often than not the kid will just throw the food on the floor anyways. Just let them eat off a plate on the floor like a dog, that way they actually finish their meal AND they don't make a mess.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I'm also against high chairs. I'm not sure if there's anything else I actively avoid - maybe cow plants and money trees.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    High chairs
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited June 2020
    High chairs because sims are not smart enough to handle them and talking toilets because I just don't get whatiis so fun about talking to that particular piece of furniture.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I usually play with a pet or two in my households and I never include a pet toybox. You leave toys out for the pets to play with and the sims always come along and put them away!
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    High chairs!
    The parents just don't understand how to use them and it's so annoying!

I actually don't mind the molding clay
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Oh my lord, where to start....

Molding clay, high chairs, gaming rig, card table, talking toilet, the parenthood board. Anything that my sims get obsessed with and I can't turn off autonomy on without messing up things like festivals and community lots. For the longest time I never had doll houses and sinks in my houses. Thanks to mods I can now use them without going insane.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think the talking toilet and sometimes the teddy bears. I hate that having conversations with these objects adds them to your Sim’s relationships. It’s a bit too silly. Same for that Lin Z speaker or whatever it’s called.

Why can’t Sims use the object without forming a relationship with it? Irritating.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I am THIS close to deleting my fridge to stop them from baking so many cakes (Eco Lifestyle glitch).
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Clay, popcorn macine - if you leave it out they default to this for all their meals and are always losing hunger needs too quickly, talking toilet, coffee macine - if you sre tired go to bed! And if I have a childish sim no toy box. They will cancel everything to play for hours.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No ones gonna mention computers? Lol
    Most electronics are banned mainly computers. The lock makes it better but still.

Talking toilet, teddy bears and doll houses cause I never got sims to stop beating on them or smashing the dollhouse,then all kids and childish sims run over to start crying.

Laundry. I really want to love it for my off the grid play. But with 8 sims who constantly change for school, for sleep, for everyday etc multiple times a day, the piles of clothes all over the floor is rediculous. I cannot wash at the rate they toss clothes lol I wish laundry worked a bit differently.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Right now, the bug farms. I like the idea, but they are too screwed up to use. They aren't 100% banned, but stereos. They are only in specific areas (never bedrooms if more than two people sleep there). Same with TVs.

High chairs and laundry are pretty annoying. It is just so hard to keep on top of the laundry with every one changing all the time (I think it was slightly more balanced before hot and cold outfits, but not much).

As for high chairs, everyone knows that problem. It is so frustrating for me to have a kid starving to death and for them to just toss the food because they are in a high chair. That to coincide with certain hunger levels. If they are starving, they should actually eat.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    stereos, high chairs, more than 1 sink per house, talking toilet, bars,
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    showers since i mostly prefer as a player bathtubs in my game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Gaming mat definitely, talking toilets (I also remove them from all restaurants and bars upon sight. Many a dates have been ruined because of those stupid things), bars and sometimes doll houses. I get so tired of guests smashing those things and making my toddler cry. Sometimes I use a mod I have and if they make my toddler cry, I electrocute their mean butts. 😈
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2020
    I ban cakes!! I click get leftovers and they eat cake and it barely fills their hunger need
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    All of these except cake and showers.