Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite pack with celebrities?

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
Hello,

I am intrested in your opinion about packs with celebrities and fame theme. Honestly I have never get TS3 Showtime, but I guess (in relation to all TS1, TS2 and TS4 packs) that TS Superstar is one of the best The Sims expansions ever. Perfect music, style, possibilities, objects and interaction. I am really missing that feeling in TS4 Get Famous.

Nostalgic reminder :) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83uj-dQ3NSo

@Edit: Noone can change last option in poll. I mean "other answer" obviously :)
Post edited by Sthenastia on

What is your favorite pack with celebrities? 56 votes

The Sims Superstar
39%
crocobauracauatoCamkatIsb917Kementarisimgirl1010Simberella777stilljustme2mitchiebanjopajamajam07Alwe1507Felicity1169ChadSims2KathykinshappygurlgarapoesClarionOfJoybirdonawireSimmerGeorgebella_goth 22 votes
The Sims 3 Showtime
16%
deedles64APottsKatNipSimtown15ValeahMarduc_PlaysBrandontaylorSERVERFRAxstxrrysequence 9 votes
The Sims 4 Get Famous
35%
Jderrick094fruitsbasket101alanmichael1BabykittyjadeMaggieMarleytexxx78EnkiSchmidtmustenicalipossChatsasmurfy77simms745UniqueKhaosgallerysims4Calico45Cavapoo_KingSarahLou372royyosafatbees123plumboy23 20 votes
Other question
8%
SimburianMINEZdrakharisundenvableSimAlexandria 5 votes

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other question
    I love Sims 4 fame system, but the celebrities can be annoying haha!
    I prefer Sims 4 in most, but not all, aspects of the game, so it'd probably be that one..
    BUT... I really can't say for sure. I don't have the Showtime pack in my Sims 3 game, and it's been so long since I've bothered with the Superstar pack in Sims 2 I barely remember it. I just don't play fame packs much, not my play style, so I'm going to go with other as I don't feel I can judge the older ones.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    It's one of my least favourite expansion but i think the fame system on GF is well done cause you can get famous in many ways: knowing the right people, being good on a skill or a career, streaming their own lifes... and it interacts very well with the other packs.

I love sims 3 but i hated it's fame system. It was much more incomplete and I had to disable it cause every day my sims received very expensive furniture. Every day.

ETA that Im refering to sim's 3 celebrity system that came with Late Night.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    The Sims 3 Showtime
    Showtime was great, the fame system of late night not so much.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The Sims Superstar
    TS3 fame system was atrocious! All the rumours and stuff like "accused of woohoo'ing with an occult"...of course my sim was doing that, its her husband, and they're both fairies! And every pleb ending up as 1-star celebs....It was a horrible system.

I do love the TS4 system, but hate that all fans act like 12 year old girls at a boyband concert. No offence to 12 year old girls, I used to be one. I really don't want to see Bjorn Bjergsen or Marcus Flex act that way. Teens, fine...everyone else, not so much.

Superstar was awesome. My favourite loading music is from that pack. It was so catchy!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    Only because I only played sims 4
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Other question
    I never really got into any of the celebrity and fame packs in any of them but I like the decorations and objects that came with them. I use the Sims 4 ones a lot but probably, (can't remember), I did with the last lot too.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    Haven't played much TS2 or any TS but I really didn't like TS3's fame system. GF in TS4 has been one of my favourite packs. I do dislike the quirks and the constant 'react in disgust' to household members and friends but other than that it's great.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims Superstar
    The Sims' Superstar EP for celebrities was the very best!

The celebrity system was in Late Night, not Showtime EP for TS3. Showtime was all about performance, not celebrity. I actually preferred Showtime for the performance over Late Night's acting career because performing in the various venues was a lot of fun. I wasn't crazy about the world it came with, but placing them in your favorite worlds and customizing them was great!

But then Zerbu came out with his amazing Ultimate Careers mod so the acting career became so much better. You can build your own acting studio lot (especially with The Movies SP) and use the animation player and pose player. TS3 also came with a video camera that your sims can use and then view on TVs or the big screen for the active cinema lot! I think this is one of the few times that the Katy Perry Sweet Treats SP comes in handy too, lol!

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    This was a tough one. I am not the biggest celebrity player. I am not against fame systems, but they are not that important to me.

Sims 1 Superstar was too much work for me. Keeping needs up was a chore back then, and I just said screw it to making friends, so when you had to travel to studio town and then network? Just no.

Sims 3 Showtime had a lot to offer. I liked the world, the build/buy and gameplay additions, all the careers, etc. Still, the fame system was like a virus in how easily it spread and had a nuisance to put up with for every benefit. It was so much trouble to put up with.

Sims 4 Get Famous is not perfect by any means, but I can actually play a five star celebrity with minor inconveniences. I also love the perk tree and reputation system (the latter being a little basic, but fine enough for me). The quirks get on my nerves a bit, being contagious like Sims 3 fame, but they are a cool idea. Plus the cheats they put in place and opt out systems are great. It also came with a fair bit of high level furniture, so it has to be my favorite.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other question
    I hate celebrities in Sims 4 and like the fame mod much better. I do however like the first 3 Sims games celebrities much more. Maybe its nostalgia talking. I normally delete all the celebrities except for Judith Ward in Sims 4. I like building in Del Sol Valley.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I don't actually own the get famous yet, but I've watched trailers for it and I'm really exciting about getting it next! 😆😆
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The Sims Superstar
    Superstar was fun. The rest of the versions failed miserably with the fame systems since then for various reasons that others have already mentioned.

Toggles help nothing in my games either. Turning them off and they still spawn... both in TS3 and TS4.

I do like the world that came with Get Famous though. A lot of little fun details in there that I like and I like building there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bees123bees123 Posts: 12 New Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I've never tried the ones for 1 and 2, but Get Famous is definitely my favorite 4 pack. The whole game felt like you couldn't really make evil characters like in the others, so having the option to make an evil or good celebrity is kinda fun
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I have not played Sims Superstar, I like mostly how the fame system works in 4. In 3 I hated that if my witchy sim had a romantic relationship with a vampire and woohooed with him she'd get like a bag over her head icon for days, I'm really glad that part isn't around anymore. Tho you could sue it got annoying to have to do,it so much. It was harder to meet celebrities thru talking in 3, but if you played an instrument you could easily do so.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I really really enjoy fame in ts4. As others said the system I think is perfect. And I love love having people stalk me and go crazy hahaha 😅😅😅 those stans and other quirks you can acquire.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The Sims 3 Showtime
    Starlight Shores is still better than Del Los Valley.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I didn't play Showtime, but it's hard to pick between Superstar and Get Famous. Superstar is a classic and has challenging gameplay. I picked Get Famous though because of how the fame system is done and how it expands all the careers. I also like the vibe of Del Sol Valley.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Famous
    I chose the wrong one! I really need to pay attention when doing these polls. :D My choice would have been Late Night because it also introduced vampires at the same time. I love that pack.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    The Sims Superstar
    I had some fun with all of them, but some aspects of fame system spoiled things in TS3 and 4, so I chose the first one where most of the ridiculous stuff in other games is just not possible :D Plus, I liked how many different activities were there. I wish it could be possible to be a model in other games.
    TS3 is the second best for me. It also had a nice range of activities, but the celebritites themselves were questionable.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I really enjoy Showtime! The paparazzi constantly being around the house is a little annoying, but other than that I think it is really fun.

TS1 Superstar is the only other celebrity expansion pack I have played, and while I enjoy it, at the same time it was SO HARD to move up in the celebrity status. I remember getting so frustrated by the modeling shoots, and the commercial shoots because I could never get it right to where it was successful. The fact they had legit celebrities in it to meet was kind of fun, too. :)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...