Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why I don't like sims 2 as much as3 and 4

1235...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I thought of another reason why I prefer Sims 4 and 3 over 2 you can't really pick your aspirations into you can pick family or popularity or category but it's kind of random what you end up with like if you pick a family aspiration your Sims could want to have 7 kittens if I'm doing a family aspiration I don't want it to be about kittens and I'm glad the other games give us the options to 2 not do that

But if someone in that household goes into University and gets the career reward then anyone at home can use that machine to change the LTW. What is good about TS2 is all Sims can use career rewards and or LT rewards unlike TS4. Also, it's simple to change the LTW of a Sim in TS2 because of those devs made all cheats available to the player, unlike TS4 which actually takes away some cheats sometimes and tells us we are too silly to understand what they do. That's only one reason I like TS2 better. I can do anything because the developer decided at base I am god and not them. TS4 to me is the developer's game. TS2 is mine, change it any way I want. And I will add, at least my TS2 Sims know when they completed a LTW and get permaplat forever, and not just a task list to do like in TS4 when I'm bored with a career and switch the LTW/Aspiration. TS4 just goes through the motions in that respect. ETA: Even the gameplay of a LTW is better because if it's a career the boss is hard to impress, which isn't seen much in the game anymore, but before all the later packs Sims would get a call to take out the boss on a community lot, and have to impress them. That is added depth which TS4 doesn't contain. Not a rabbit hole nor a just a message on the screen but had to go and be with the boss. I guess people forget stuff. :)

thats really cool about the boss they should add that to sims 4 or sims 5 I still want the chance to pick ltw right away though
    I do think they should add more reward objects and I also want the headmaster back @Cinebar

I played the headmaster tiny challene about a month ago, lol. I forgot I had to actually click on the headmaster to entertain, then show a room. lol I couldn't figure out why he wasn't rating any of my rooms, lol, and I failed big time. I kept directing my Sim to go from room to room (the clean ones, lol) and nothing was happening. They went into each room but I didn't click entertain/show room. Time ran out and they failed. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    I thought of another reason why I prefer Sims 4 and 3 over 2 you can't really pick your aspirations into you can pick family or popularity or category but it's kind of random what you end up with like if you pick a family aspiration your Sims could want to have 7 kittens if I'm doing a family aspiration I don't want it to be about kittens and I'm glad the other games give us the options to 2 not do that

But if someone in that household goes into University and gets the career reward then anyone at home can use that machine to change the LTW. What is good about TS2 is all Sims can use career rewards and or LT rewards unlike TS4. Also, it's simple to change the LTW of a Sim in TS2 because of those devs made all cheats available to the player, unlike TS4 which actually takes away some cheats sometimes and tells us we are too silly to understand what they do. That's only one reason I like TS2 better. I can do anything because the developer decided at base I am god and not them. TS4 to me is the developer's game. TS2 is mine, change it any way I want. And I will add, at least my TS2 Sims know when they completed a LTW and get permaplat forever, and not just a task list to do like in TS4 when I'm bored with a career and switch the LTW/Aspiration. TS4 just goes through the motions in that respect. ETA: Even the gameplay of a LTW is better because if it's a career the boss is hard to impress, which isn't seen much in the game anymore, but before all the later packs Sims would get a call to take out the boss on a community lot, and have to impress them. That is added depth which TS4 doesn't contain. Not a rabbit hole nor a just a message on the screen but had to go and be with the boss. I guess people forget stuff. :)

thats really cool about the boss they should add that to sims 4 or sims 5 I still want the chance to pick ltw right away though
    I do think they should add more reward objects and I also want the headmaster back @Cinebar

I played the headmaster tiny challene about a month ago, lol. I forgot I had to actually click on the headmaster to entertain, then show a room. lol I couldn't figure out why he wasn't rating any of my rooms, lol, and I failed big time. I kept directing my Sim to go from room to room (the clean ones, lol) and nothing was happening. They went into each room but I didn't click entertain/show room. Time ran out and they failed. lol

its so much fun but I've never done well at it lol @Cinebar
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    [/quote] I played the headmaster tiny challene about a month ago, lol. I forgot I had to actually click on the headmaster to entertain, then show a room. lol I couldn't figure out why he wasn't rating any of my rooms, lol, and I failed big time. I kept directing my Sim to go from room to room (the clean ones, lol) and nothing was happening. They went into each room but I didn't click entertain/show room. Time ran out and they failed. lol[/quote]

One reaso I still have all the books. After all these years of playing they are invaluable references.