Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite type of occult sim?

Comments

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Spellcasters
    Hmmmmmm I wonder if we might some more around Halloween this year :D
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Spellcasters
    I love to play spellcasters. They are present in every save since the release of realm of magic. I like having magic in my game.
    I suppose the vampires are more balanced in this version of the sims but I don't like the dark tone and the need to feed on other sims. I also like aliens and started playing with a mermaid for the first time. I wish we could have proper plantsims back.

I think I have occults in nearly every save ever since we got the servos in sims 2.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Vampires
    Still. <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Spellcasters
    It's easier for me to make a variety of interesting characters that are spellcasters so I have more fun with them. I usually just see two types of vampires the evil overlord or the wimpy moral can't-hurt-a-human-without- dying-inside kind. I guess it doesn't help that I haven't read any new vamp stories past Lestat. I can't say Spellcasters are done better than Vamps though.. I just enjoy playing them more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Vampires
    I haven’t really played much of any other occult so these guys get my vote!

I’d love a space pack to expand on aliens a bit more and give them a proper home and an ocean based pack to expand on mermaids. The dev team really missed the boat on that one (pun intended :lol:)! Would be fun if they incorporated pirate gameplay with underwater ocean gameplay.

I wish spellcasters were a bit more powerful and had more interesting spells than what they have right now. I wish they would’ve implemented some kind of elemental gameplay, too (you can a bit but I wanted more). Ice and fire would’ve been really fun to play around with. Also I was disappointed with the CAS (more hooded robes, accessories etc) and world (wished there was at least a 50x50 lot).

Vampires are just great - there isn’t much I’d change about that pack. They did a really good job on them. Bravo, team! Now for werewolves and fairies!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Aliens
    I adore aliens and everything about them. However, they aren't exactly the best executed for playable occults with this version of the sims. The vampires are by far the most fleshed out and well done and I have a lot of fun playing with them because of it. Aliens are still my favourite but I do wish they'd go back and flesh them out a little bit more.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mermaids
    I've had fun with Vampires and Spellcasters but my favourites are Mermaids, mainly because I like listening to their singing. I like watching them swim. I love that they can summon the kracken on anyone who wrongs them.
    I really like the sparkly, patterned fins and broader range of non-human skin colours that come with mermaids (purple and turquoise Sims, yay!), as well as the bizarre eyes and shark teeth. I like to make Sims with a fantastical/ otherworldly look (preferably in bright colours) so this fitted perfectly.
    One of my favourite Sims to play is also a mermaid. 😁
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Other:
    Tie between Vampires and Spellcasters!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Vampires
    Wampires! Because they have the most depth and a little challenge to play. It's a real pity the only occults that come close are magic users, and very slight risk of overload doesn't really balance out how incredibly powerful and easy to master magic is.

Having said that I have a real soft spot for aliens, its a real pity they didn't receive the attention that vampires, mages and celebrities did.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Spellcasters
    I chose Spellcasters, but Vampires are a close second.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other:
    Actually my fave are Fairies & Genies.
    However, Vampires & Spellcasters are a tie to what I like in Sims 4.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Mermaids
    For sims 4 it’s mermaids, in sims 3 it was fairies. I’m not a huge occult player. I do like playing with mermaids as I don’t have to focus on them too much to gain skills unlike spellcasters and vampires. I haven’t really played with aliens to have an opinion on them. I wish sims 4 would add fairies as an add on occult like mermaids and aliens to a pack as I think that would be better for them than a specific gamepack.
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters are my favorite in the sims 4. Fairies were my favorite in the sims 3.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, of course. I too have at least 1-2 witches in each of my saves. I have a mean witch who knows all the untamed and mischief spells and uses them on everyone. :D I especially love the spell where my Agatha turns sims into objects, lol.

I love the vamps, just that they're in second place. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires are by far the best, but I have a secret affection for mermaids. Wish they would get a patch with more options and an underwater lot.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, they have more depth than the other occults, except vampires, but I'm just not a fan of those. Aliens just look cool, talk in funny voices & abduct your sims from time to time, & mermaids just swim around & occasionally make a screeching sound. I do have all the occults represented in my current save, so maybe I'll find out there's more to them than what I see now. Sure would love to see some fairies sometime soon....
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Spellcasters
    I voted for spellcasters (although I haven't tried the vampires yet).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    Vampires
    I have all the others too but somehow they do not share the same gameplay depth and I end up wanting to play vampires again

in ts2 I really loved plant sims tho but ts4 version doesn't have same gameplay

and aliens are cool at times until you remember they can"t ever be any other occult which is annoying and also your own aliens can't kidnap sims with alienship which is just sad

spellcasters... don't have enough unique spells as most of the spells you can do other ways

mermaids, good try i do love them to a point but also i wish there was more ways to mermaid around like not just have the tail when you swim let them sit on rocks to sing and give them underwater lot to live on or something

there also is definitely not any of the cool mermaid furniture which is just sad
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids will always be my favorite. Although I’m disappointed that mermaids did not get their own pack with actual powers, clothing, hairstyles or even furniture. It would be nice if they do an “add on” pack with those stuff. And at least update them to have more powers .
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Spellcasters
    In TS4 its spellcasters, just because of the inferniate spell. I get way too much enjoyment out of randomly setting things and other sims on fire
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters for sims 4, but my most favourite was plantsims from sims 3, I do hope our current tempory plantsims gets updated more in the future ;)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Vampires
    I love them all, but vampires will always be my favourite occult. I have loved vampire stories since I was a child though. There is just something that draws me to them. Perhaps it's my love of horror, tragedy, and dark romance. There are so many different interpretations of them and I love how TS4 vampires reflect this. They are so versatile and fun to play. I just wish we had hybrids so my vampires could learn magic too. I also hope we get werewolves soon so I can start a rivalry between them.

• FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    Spellcasters
    I love my spellcasters in both TS3 and TS4. I would love to have genies back in the game too since I find them fun as well.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires, as well as in every game that has them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags