Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Challenge idea

Comments

• Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    I could have gone down two routes for this one....the sci-fi one (Star Wars/Firefly) or a goth/metal look. As the first one in this challenge has chosen sci-fi, I've chosen goth/metal:
    MflUxZn.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm thinking goth/metal with those boots too. I'm going to submit a video this time so I can share this short video clip I made a couple of years ago when one of my sims who uses these boots visited Selvadorada.

https://youtu.be/zDe9iqa67-I

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Iris Gregory is of the 'hippie' variety. She loves the freedom of loving who you want to love and isn't afraid to spread it around. Material possessions have no great meaning to her. Nature should be left in its natural state and Iris enjoys spending time reveling in the wonders of the world. Most of her time is spent outdoors among the trees and flowers. She's a vegan and only uses cruelty-free makeup. Iris isn't afraid to risk it all in favour of preserving and savouring nature. Besides that, she has a keen interest in people and their cultures which makes her fond of travelling and exchanging stories with people have experience life differently than she does. She's not judgmental in the slightest and is willing to listen to people with different walks of life.

Iris-Gregory-Body.png
    Iris-Gregory-Face.png
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Great sims! Love the video!
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Ugh... remember when team Maxis decided to open up a lot of cas items to the opposite gender, or more specifically, a lot of male/masculine cas items got opened up to female sims? Whoever worked on that went bonkers and decimated the amount of purely masculine shoes options and practically tagged all of them as feminine for female sims, completely disregarding that most of those shoes don't look feminine at all. Did male sims get any noteworthy amount of shoes opened up as masculine from the female catalog... no of course not. To be fair, there's nothing masculine about high heels, but in the instance where it could actually make sense, for instance the boots chosen for this challenge, male sims got completely ignored. And yes, they are very clunky. It's not just these boots though, most boots that go up a sim's calves are very clunky and can become a clipping mess with any pair of pants that don't get tucked in. I wouldn't mind if team Maxis took another look at these type of boots and made them fit a bit more snug around a sim's legs, particularly a sims calves. Anyway, for this challenge I made a punk dude.
    6Ujj8iZ.png
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Ugh... remember when team Maxis decided to open up a lot of cas items to the opposite gender, or more specifically, a lot of male/masculine cas items got opened up to female sims? Whoever worked on that went bonkers and decimated the amount of purely masculine shoes options and practically tagged all of them as feminine for female sims, completely disregarding that most of those shoes don't look feminine at all. Did male sims get any noteworthy amount of shoes opened up as masculine from the female catalog... no of course not. To be fair, there's nothing masculine about high heels, but in the instance where it could actually make sense, for instance the boots chosen for this challenge, male sims got completely ignored. And yes, they are very clunky. It's not just these boots though, most boots that go up a sim's calves are very clunky and can become a clipping mess with any pair of pants that don't get tucked in. I wouldn't mind if team Maxis took another look at these type of boots and made them fit a bit more snug around a sim's legs, particularly a sims calves. Anyway, for this challenge I made a punk dude.
    6Ujj8iZ.png

Love your sim! I didn't know that, that's interesting. I'm pretty new to the game.

The next challenge is this cutoff hoodie. It's pretty colorful, and seems to work best for teens. (Bonus Challenge: If you can make it work for an outfit that isn't athletic) Here it is:

Xy7Vzh2.png

Here's my sim, Colin:
    xREUlvy.png
    edited June 2020
    First thought: easy, as I like this shirt design. Then I went through all the sims I made in cas and could find only one (1) on which I actually used it (shame on me!). Then you went and made it more of a challenge because all ideas I initially came up with were indeed most fitting as an athletic outfit, or a casual outfit that could immediately double as athletic. I grabbed Adam from My Library and tossed him this shirt. He doesn't really like to wear shirts as it interferes with his sun tanning habits, but I think it better fits a more muscular/buff body type and he's perfect for it. Probably the reason the shirt ends up so easily in the athletic category. So I'm going with a Loves Outdoors maybe Hot Weather casual hiker vibe. Of course the moment he puts on a pair of trainers it becomes pretty much an athletic outfit again at which point he'd probably throws off his shirt anyway... No, Adam! No! Keep that shirt on, I still need to take a screen shot! /sigh he never listens and always does his own thing. What does he think he has, autonomy? Oh well, got him. here's a rare picture of Adam with a shirt on ;)
    M3F7hBt.png
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Oehh, I'm going to try this later today! Bookmarked this topic!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    As you can tell I'm not big on colorful stuff, hard to break out so I'm happy for the muted shades they give us. I thought this looked good.. for a beach bum look
    SDBqKtS.png

I couldn't do anything with the boots from before lol... didn't even try. You all did good though :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    I think I've avoided an athletic look by creating a hippy with flared jeans and sandals....someone who's walked out of the cast of Hair or Jesus Christ Superstar.
    ZqYuhbq.jpg
    I don't think this top is very hard to pair up at all. It's a very modern shirt and it fits very well with some jeans and sneakers.

Rodrigo Villegas is not ready for a relationship. He wants to keep playing the field with as many beautiful girls as he can get for as long as he can. Sometimes this causes problems with girls thinking they're in a relationship with him while they're not. Rodrigo tries to be as gentle as possible in letting them down. He takes good care of the girls he's dating and is a very nurturing and caring person. He tries to be upfront so no one gets the wrong impression but even this isn't foolproof. Besides dating girls, Rodrigo is all about hanging with his guy friends, doing whatever. He doesn't like to be alone so doing anything, as long as there is another person involved, sounds fine.

Rodrigo-Villegas-Body.png
    Rodrigo-Villegas-Face.png

I think that cutoff hoodie is pretty nice, the first swatches are difficult to work with otherwise it's a very good looking hoodie.

Here is the hoodie on Baako Jang and Darling Walsh.

z6XL6eI.png

The next challenge is to use any of these three hairs from the Vampires pack in an outfit without using any other cas item from Vampires.
    Uwd31TX.png
    jbLBd1m.png
    TrTACz2.png

Meet Vera, a wannabe vampire:
    x8GnYr3.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    The lovely Ms. Emilia Ernest of Glimmerbrook. Her dress is part of Get Famous.

106531745_1626079424209013_2350271619520870113_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ZphLqM6XR-YAX-b7NGN&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=d91c273f47a802a0f1d711e1efbea420&oe=5F24F01B
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Love this thread! CAS is one of my favorite parts of the game, so I had fun with this and I hope to do more :)

UqGkHyc.png?1

I used my Gen 2 heir that just passed away and gave her a different hair color. I went for a mystical/hippie/witch sort of aesthetic, I think Realm of Magic clothes pair great with this hair ofc. But yeah, out of the three hair options this one is my favorite and the only one I think I've ever used. It's more usable to me than the others for some reason, but I don't know why.
    Raina Souza got up in the middle of the night and left her husband and child. She loved her little family and especially her daughter, Fatima. Leaving her family was one of the hardest things Raina ever did, but she felt it was a necessity. She wanted nothing more in life than to become a writer. Raina thought she could combine it all. And at first, it was all fun and games. Zion loved Raina's sense of humour. She saw the funny side in every situation. Eventually, Fatima was added to the equation. Zion was never home so Raina was left to take care of their daughter. But this left no time for Raina to work on her writing. Her dream of becoming a best-selling author wasn't coming to fruition. So Raina did a stupid thing and left without telling anyone. Now she has plenty of time to write, but she had enormous regrets and doesn't know how to return to her family.

Raina-Souza-Body.png
    Raina-Souza-Face.png
    One of the hairstyles reminds me of Japanese Geisha Hair, so that's what I went with.

This is Ayaka Ikeda. I could have used one of the dresses from City Living but I thought this outfit from Get Famous suits her pretty well.

X32Wbum.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I sometimes pair this hair with the clothes that came from the day of the dead items we got... and or some jungle adventure items. I don't use it often though because the rose colors are limited to the hair colors, but it's nice now and then.
    CcmYjOE.png
    egTcBMc.png
    Awesome sims! You guys are super creative!
    Rosa Hernández, Astra O'Neil, and Josie Meyer, a trio of vampire groupies, finally got invited to a vampire party. Not a fake halloween-ish dress up party, but the real deal with actual vampires in attendance. Of course they had to dress the part. They got their hairdos right but none of them had access to traditional vampire attire so they're trying to make do with whatever posh or stylish outfits they could dig out of their wardrobes. Of course they're all going to die horribly since they're practically a walking buffet for said vampires who, by throwing a party, cleverly have their dinner deliver themselves, but these brain dead birds are dead set on going anyway (so many puns - all intended :D).
    3HYdC58.png
    The next challenge is...These Season's sunglasses.
    2ypUBr4.png
    They are really neon and look pretty quirky. Reminds me of 80's fashions a little bit.
    Anyway, here's my sim, Skyler:
    d6joxXY.png
    edited July 2020
    Estevan Keller is a bitter man in a beautiful body with a handsome face. His space-obsessed parents have instilled a fear of aliens in him since a young age. This fear made him despise aliens, even though he's never met one of them (as far as he knows). His parents' obsession became his and his lifelong goal is to investigate UFO's and signs of extraterrestrial life to find a way to eradicate aliens once and for all. He's mean and unruly, lashing out whenever he sees fit, Estevan wants to ridicule someone before they get the chance to do the same to him. At least it seems like they're retaliating when they reply in a mean fashion. So, Estevan has no parents and no friends. A dog is also out of the question, so he has a clear allergy for the tiny beasts. Maybe a cat will manage to soften the paranoid man's heart?

Estevan-Keller-Body.png
    Estevan-Keller-Face.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This young lady is June Kay, getting ready to dance the night away. She was a bit sad that she missed out on the eyeball ring, so she added it to her ensemble along with her totally rad shades. ;)

107005526_1628947463922209_920037801585490436_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=xFpLy8edirwAX-5-WHJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=cd2196dec81c96af14aeda06e6577026&oe=5F26ECE6
    edited July 2020
    I had no idea what to go for with this one so I ended up with a Intergalactic Space DJ.

ft8KekL.png