Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some really good mods for Sims 3?

Before I download Sims 3,I'd like to know what mods would make the gameplay more enjoyable.
Why do you hide inside these walls?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Depends on the kind of thing you might be looking for. I know there are one or two players here who are fond of NRaas mods, but you know there's no accounting for taste. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Master Controller, Errortrap, Overwatch...and pretty much the whole NRAAS lineup. But the first three...are a must have. That will shut most complaints about crashing up very quickly...since it takes care of the errors that this game tends to produce with the regularity of mating rabbits or field mice and stabilizes the game.

IT doesn't mean that you won't get Error 12 resource is full crashes (this game can only deal with 4GB worth of data and when that resource gets filled. *CRASH). But all the silly little errors that used to cause crashes and early exits from games will be eliminated and stabilize your game to the point where the only crashes you'll get are Error 12.

All the rest of the mods and cc are just icing on the cake. NRAAS is the cake itself.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes, the two main mods you should get for TS3 game health are MasterController and Overwatch. Errortrap too is very useful.

The other NRAAS mods I recommend are:
    • StoryProgression -
      • 1) The game already has a built in story progression, but this mod handles it much better and you can specify to greater detail what should go on. With this mod all townies will go about the business of life, finding jobs, skilling up, finding love, breaking up marriage, children, changing jobs, retiring, dying without your direct intervention.
      • 2) You can play TS2 style rotational play by just turning off EA's Story Progression and not installing this mod, but if you've grown your town and there are more sims than you can handle, then this mod is really helpful.
      • 3) This is also the mod you use to populate all the empty fan-made worlds.
    • Traveler - This mod allows you to travel to all the other worlds whether EA-made or fan-made without losing relationships and updates all those worlds that your sims travels to to keep up with each other. This is what TS3 simmers use to move families to other worlds. That way, if anyone in the family wants to visit the old world, none of the relationships there disappear.

You should check all the other mods at NRAAS as a lot of them are very useful, but the ones I've listed are absolutely must haves to me!

There are other mods besides from NRAAS that I use a lot:

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Mod - OH MY GOSH. Hands down I LOVE this mod! It absolutely revolutionized my gameplay! It turns all rabbithole careers - both EA-made and fan-made - into active lot careers! You build your active lot and fill it with skill building items that pertain to the career. In live game mode, you assign that lot to a career and voila! All the sims in that career will go to that lot the next day and use all the skill-building objects for that career!

It's great because your sims are building up their skills for the career during work hours instead of after work. This frees your sims to do other stuff in your off hours. I also like that your sims' relationships with the boss and co-workers are more organic since your sims directly interacts with them as opposed to the rabbithole version that just levels those relationships up automatically. You can also send your sims to the rabbithole if you have too many things to handle for that sim day. This comes in so useful for me when I'm managing households with more than 1 or 2 sims who both have active careers.

Routing mods are also pretty useful too which I got all of them at TwoFootMama's Naughty Sims Asylum. Needs free registration to download the mods though:
    • bluegenjutsu_NoFootTapping
    • bluegenjutsu_NPCsExitAllRabbitHolesIn2MinuteIntervals
    • bluegenjutsu_SitOnMoreComfyObjects_BetterRoutingForGameObjects
    • NoRouteFailAnimation-1_26
    • Twoftmama Route Fix Flavor 2 v9
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    I still have to take the time and figure out Zerbu's Mod. That thing is outtasight awesome. I particularly want to get the hospital and school working as actual active lot careers.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I still have to take the time and figure out Zerbu's Mod. That thing is outtasight awesome. I particularly want to get the hospital and school working as actual active lot careers.

Here's a hospital lot for you to use or get ideas from. I like it the most because it has the modern hospital design:

It's mostly patient rooms and cafeteria, but you can convert some of the rooms into offices, lecture rooms and laboratories to add skill-building objects for the medical career. It's also on a 64x64 lot so you can add more buildings. There are more at Mod the Sims.

I love this one for tropical worlds!

This webpage has a Jamee's Hospital for Storytelling. You can take a look at it to get more ideas and even convert the lot to an active hospital if you wish, but the most important thing about this webpage, is that at the bottom, it has all these great links to medical decorative objects to make your hospital look more clinical and also has useful objects like wheelchairs!

hospital+room+facebook.png

This is just one of the very useful links that the webpage provides:

Have fun!