Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC After Update

What would make CC break after an update? I get mods breaking because of potential coding issues, but CC, why do they bug out. I do not create mods, but i figure unless the file types don't change for CC then they should always work. Any basic information to shed light on this? It would help when identifying broken CC after an update.

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Usually if some of the functions or interactions for an object change, then they can break. For example, CC showers have broken with yesterday's patch because the shower woohoo is being added in the new expansion pack. It depends what new features are being added to objects.
    I hope that helps :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JaeldawnJaeldawn Posts: 93 Member
    Yes, this does help a ton in identifying what is broken. I will pay attention to object functions and that will help me find my bad CC in my sea of CC :smile:
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Good luck! It can be tedious but once you work out what the issues are, it should be plain sailing. As far as I can tell, it's only showers that are broken this time around. If you keep an eye on this thread, it's being updated with mods and CC that are found to be broken. That should also save you some time :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    I don't have any showers downloaded so it must be something else. I will see if I can find it and post it so we know.
    I found it! It was actually a kitchen counter that was bugging out.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Jaeldawn wrote: »
    I found it! It was actually a kitchen counter that was bugging out.

What counter was it? Some broke with an earlier patch, in case it's a lot you haven't been using for a while.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yeah it was a lot I haven't been probably since last patch. It was Slox Compact Kitchen Cupboar 1x 1. I was wrong it wasn't a counter but a cupboard.
    Jaeldawn wrote: »
    Yeah it was a lot I haven't been probably since last patch. It was Slox Compact Kitchen Cupboar 1x 1. I was wrong it wasn't a counter but a cupboard.

Thanks! I suspect that one's been broken for a while.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kimtjekimtje Posts: 2 New Member
    hoe moet ik een sims4 cc stuff packs intaleren?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    kimtje wrote: »
    hoe moet ik een sims4 cc stuff packs intaleren?

Link zum deutschen Forum: https://forums.thesims.com/de_DE/
  • ravenclawrachravenclawrach Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I really need some help. My laptop's hard drive died while I was in game. I had to get a new laptop and reinstall origin and the sims 4, but now I can't get any cc to work at all. Please help!
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I really need some help. My laptop's hard drive died while I was in game. I had to get a new laptop and reinstall origin and the sims 4, but now I can't get any cc to work at all. Please help!

If you have CC in your Mods folder did you enable CC in the game?
    If not, how did you transfer your CC from your old computer?
    I do have CC enabled in game, and I didn't transfer anything. I had to download everything again.
    edited June 2020
    I do have CC enabled in game, and I didn't transfer anything. I had to download everything again.

and it's in this file path?
    This PC: Documents: EA Games: Electronic Arts: The Sims 4: Mods

Do you have One Drive enabled? Sometimes One Drive can interfere with the Sims 4 Mods folder.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

You could also try resetting your Mods folder:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
    So, I tried following the steps in both links, but it still isn't working. I'm starting to lose hope. :(
    So, I tried following the steps in both links, but it still isn't working. I'm starting to lose hope. :(

Make sure you aren't using any syncing with any online storage for your Sims folders. It can delete them.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I was having a constant problem with my CC, getting LE's and crashes all the time. I tried and unsyncing my One Drive and that took care of the problem. I didn't even realize I had synced my main drive with the One Drive Cloud so I'd advise checking it.
  • lolafonts_1lolafonts_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anybody know how to update some CC if the creator hasn't?
  • BenjiThatFoxGuyBenjiThatFoxGuy Posts: 5 New Member
    > @lolafonts_1 said:
    > Does anybody know how to update some CC if the creator hasn't?

you mean CC or mods? a lot of CC batch fixes are still being added to the sims 4 studio - if the fix is pretty straightforward.
    If it's a mod, it's really dependent on a loooooooot of stuff.
    Mainly what the mod changes, etc. Some stuff need to be redone or in worst case scenarios, the whole mod.
    if you don't know modding, I would highly advice against trying to work on update of mods - especially script mods.
    also if you did, if you're not the author of the mod it's both better to ask first [unless you plan to keep the fix just for yourself] and also since you're not the author you might not even know some inner working of it and so it might be a lot harder to fix it.