Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

13...Next

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sometimes
    I tend to cheat certain reward traits. For example, I'll give sims the handy trait so they can upgrade items instantly instead of having to grind through the handiness skill.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 962 Member
    I have to use resetsim so much that it's less a cheat and more a tool. I don't do money cheats, but I was such a serial abuser of Moodlet Solvers and Potions of Many Needs that I now just skip the middleman and shift-click to fulfill their needs if they're in a Spiral of Suck.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Outside of bb.moveobjects on and the occasional motherlode, no. The only time I use anything else is if I feel like quickly changing an NPC's outfit. Then i use testing cheats, but that's pretty rare.

Edit: I forgot about freerealestate which I use a lot especially when I'm moving male sims into my towns for the 100 Baby Challenge.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Kaching, Motherlode, MOO, and testing cheats are the ones I use the most
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    Other:
    I use moveobjects in my usual play style and in purely decorative builds I use debug items and career unlocked items (I don't normally use them because a lot of debug is free). I don't cheat needs, although it does get tempting with toddlers, and if I use the money cheat it's to take money away because the sims earn too much too early.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Yes
    I didn't see an option for "Every 5 Seconds" LOL.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sometimes
    freerealestate when moving Sims into houses in my build saves, debug cheats when building, money cheats when building with a Sim already moved in (but in my build save only).

There were times when I used resetsim a bunch because of glitches and bugs but it's been less. And some cheating for bug workarounds (GF quirks were annoyingly sticky for a while).

The only other cheat I know but don't use is MOO, the others I'd have to look up to use so I don't bother.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Sometimes
    Until recently, I never used cheats. But I need to use move objects now due to placement bugs with curtains and a few other things, introduced with the last major update.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I like each of my families to have background stories. So I cheat to give them a specific amount of money, house, career, etc.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Queen1kob1_Queen1kob1_ Posts: 7 New Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes! Depends on the game play style. Mostly only to reset or debug.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yes
    I never used to cheat at all in TS2 but now in TS4 I’m a cheating cheater who cheats.

I cheat needs (Sim is too busy to eat/sleep/pee). I cheat away moods that I don’t like or stop my sims from doing things. I cheat the time so days are longer. I also, though very rarely, cheat money, (usually to take from one household and give to another when a sim moves out.)

I don’t cheat skills or job promotions though, I make my sims work for that.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • LittleOldPotatoLittleOldPotato Posts: 24 Member
    Sometimes
    I use them sometimes but I won't like spam motherlode.
    I use motherlode to deck out houses if they aren't my main household/ I don't play on them because they are there to be friends, I use bb.moveobjects because the placing is dumb without and I just think clutter look better with it, I'm starting to do FreeRealEstate when people move out of their childhood home (I pretend their job or something covers it) and I once used the cas.fulleditmode one to change someone's trait because I finally decided what I wanted to do with them so I had to change a trait. It didn't actually work which was a shame because I actually really liked the sim. They were cool. I also use the one here you can see locked items for community let's and stuff. I think that's all the cheats I use!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes
    I always start out using none with the best intentions. Somewhere mid-way through the first or second generation of a family, I tend to remodel the home(s) and I rationalize that my sims have worked hard and deserve a nicer house...so in comes the money cheats. As time moves on I find other reasons they might need cheats/help and it snowballs from there. The only families that are safe from the ctrl+shift+c keys are my legacy families. With those, I can never rationalize cheating to make their lives better because I view them as contestants in the game of life. They either win, lose or draw on their own merits.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    Sometimes
    I use cheats to set up npc households when I first move them in, and sometimes I use MCCC to manually give the townies pregnancies when there aren't enough new sims being generated, but for households I actually play I avoid gameplay cheats altogether. The most I use are bb.moveobjects and the debug thing for when they glitch out (which would be a lot more handy on console...)
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    Yes
    All day, every day. I use so many of them
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    Yes
    And I always use the money cheat when I build a house for one of my Sims and then I start with a little over 3000 simoleons to play. 😂
  • ShadowX116ShadowX116 Posts: 20 Member
    Other:
    Other?
    I only activate cheats to use ResetSim since they somehow still manage to get trapped in the weirdest spots that shouldn't be accessible.. such as under a staircase..
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Other:
    I use it for moveobjects, to resetsims, and to take away money. I have a lot of mods that may affect my sims' needs, but I don't cheat them or skills/relationships.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    God yes, build cheats, money cheat, needs cheat mostly.
    The shift click and reset object is unfortunately needed way too often with all the bugs in this game...

I cheat money for new households to start with the proper home and for sims with "careers" that don't pay (enough), for example one of my sims is a DJ and he couldn't possibly just live of the tips so I add some money after each gig, same when my "Rockstar" or "Music Icon" go touring...
    I use the needs cheat when they just get in the way of story/playing, like at partys, dates and before sims go to work (if I don't have enough time to fill them all up), when sims are just at home with enough time and little to do I fill them without cheats.

And well, building cheats are a must for me.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Yes
    I use cheats as a time-saver, like "pretend I've already done this like I have dozens of times before".
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes
    Yes, currently it is mostly CAS cheat to be able to fully edit sims. I feel a strong urge to start cheating my sims needs. I feel that they decrease way too fast for my taste and it it is making my gameplay less fun since i try to rush with what i want them to do before they are in the red again, and i feel the activites i have them doing get interrupted often so that they can go fill one need or an another. I dont want to freeze them because i do like playing with needs, i just might look for a way to make them decrease at a slower rate.